UN Pilot, Caravans mission

Buj818

Dumb wingman wont stop engaging the caravan, thus exploding the trucks, thus failing the mission. Is this a bug in 2.5 with this campaign? When it happens, its bang bang. As in the radio calls start going out and coming in automatically and next thing I know, all trucks are destroyed and I get the you wasted 45 minutes mission failed message. Thanks for any input on this.

Dumb wingman wont stop engaging the caravan, thus exploding the trucks, thus failing the mission. Is this a bug in 2.5 with this campaign? When it happens, its bang bang. As in the radio calls start going out and coming in automatically and next thing I know, all trucks are destroyed and I get the you wasted 45 minutes mission failed message. Thanks for any input on this.
Happened a lot for me too..

Make him "anchor here" before the bridge with the police car.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Alternative solution:

Order him to jettison weapons any time before the bridge. But then you have to (or get to!) do all the work yourself.

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa

Hmm. I guess I'm not surprised that it has changed.

Been a while since I played the mission, but I ordered him to jettison right after takeoff and he complied. Kinda funny watch the Guns fall off, actually!

Maybe it no longer works since an update.

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa

Hmm. I guess I'm not surprised that it has changed.

Been a while since I played the mission, but I ordered him to jettison right after takeoff and he complied. Kinda funny watch the Guns fall off, actually!

Maybe it no longer works since an update.

Well, he didn't actually declined. But it didn't happen, so I just assumed it didn't work like that. Maybe I'll try once more, but I got through the mission anyway.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

This blows. I've given him every order in the book and he wont comply with any of them at any time, EXCEPT the trail formation command, at which point he still fires while behind me (as I'm behind the caravan) and shoots me out the sky. The AI is 100% rogue in this mission for me. I've started the world's apart 2025 campaign last night, and its glitchy AF! Gameplay is great, but water and tree artifacts all over the place (all while running constant 75-93 FPS). It seems all updates have completely abandoned the Huey and its campaigns. I'm a sad dude right now.

• 1 month later...