WWII servers

rc_bf109f

Ok, so I am fairly new to this. At the moment I am all about some WWII combat in DCS. However, I have been unable to find ANY WWII servers or players who want to do any WWII.

I have the WWII assets pack, Normandy and P-51D Mustang, but have not had any luck with joining a Multiplayer WWII server.. Seems everyone is flying jets..and putting a P-51 in a modern war zone usually ends up with you going down within a few seconds after being hit with a missile...During some research I saw something about Burning Skies and may be one or two other servers. With the exception of Burning Skies, I have not see any others out there.. Are there any WWII servers or players in DCS?

PS I did find a few threads from about 5 years ago... anything more recent?

There is also Steel Balls (which really really deserves more players from American/Canadian players), Blue flag, and Storm of War.

Storm of War is by far the best WWII server, but it's only on periodically, being a squadron-oriented server. However, you might catch it on Sundays.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Warbirds of Prey is a WWII server on the Normandy map utilizing the asset pack. There are AI out there for when the client list is low. We use a very subdued label mod that helps those with lesser graphics systems see targets at ranges others with better graphics can see without.

There are both ground targets and air targets to deal with and if not enough is going on, can use the Radio F10 option to start either offensive or defensive missions (1 of each can run at the same time) to support or defend against.

This is a more mission oriented server that cycles every 6 hours rather than an always up quake fest that others might be.

Hope to see you there! ~Salute

Hi mate,

You have to install the Open Beta branch of DCS, as the majority of servers is using it.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5