Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 115 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #1141
Cyph3r

Reputation power: 8
Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
Gotcha thanks, hoping I can just use the installed ones with the extensions so don't have to worry with changing them out. Good to have all those options available though.
It's completely down to personal preference! We know a lot of users who have stuck with the hard center cams, but others who really dislike the feel of them and have moved to the soft/no center cams.

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:14 PM   #1142
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 23
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Got her all set up now. Hopefully not too much longer, should get to spend some quality time with it over the next three to four days... everything checking out great in windows, looking smooth!

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit

Last edited by dburne; 08-19-2017 at 07:32 PM.
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #1143
mx22

Reputation power: 14
mx22 will become famous soon enoughmx22 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
Got her all set up now. Hopefully not too much longer, should get to spend some quality time with it over the next three to four days... everything checking out great in windows, looking smooth!
You should definitely take the base apart and try different cams/springs - otherwise you do not know what you are missing on. Being able to adjust the feel of the joystick is IMO the biggest advantage of T50 over Warthog. It's fairly easy and straight forward, can't really mess it up. The only 'trouble' spot is putting new pitch cam in place, but it goes in with a bit of elbow grease.
mx22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #1144
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 23
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx22 View Post
You should definitely take the base apart and try different cams/springs - otherwise you do not know what you are missing on. Being able to adjust the feel of the joystick is IMO the biggest advantage of T50 over Warthog. It's fairly easy and straight forward, can't really mess it up. The only 'trouble' spot is putting new pitch cam in place, but it goes in with a bit of elbow grease.
Yeah I am going to be giving that a try, will probably opt for softer center feel cam , but going to wait on my replacement cams as the ones I got have the ridges in them, so don't want to try it with those. Will wait and do all of that tweaking at one time.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #1145
zika1234

Reputation power: 0
zika1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cmonshow us some YouTube videos

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Last edited by zika1234; 08-17-2017 at 09:03 PM.
zika1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:25 PM   #1146
Lenux

Reputation power: 3
Lenux is on a distinguished road

What about the software / drivers, for VPC MongoosT-50 ?
And the compatibility flight sims ??
Thank you
Old 08-17-2017, 10:50 PM   #1147
Cyph3r

Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenux View Post
What about the software / drivers, for VPC MongoosT-50 ?
And the compatibility flight sims ??
Thank you
No drivers or software are required. It's completely plug and plug. However we will be offering a configuration utility in the near future.

Of course, the VPC MongoosT-50 is compatible with any sim that can use USB controllers.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #1148
Lenux

Reputation power: 3
Lenux is on a distinguished road

Cyph3r, excuse me, but i don't understand exactly.
If i want, for example, to assign a button for " brake / gears " how am I going to to this ?
Lets's say, DCS - M2000C
I just open the M2000 control menu, and i assign a VPC MongoosT-50 button to brake or gear, and that's it ??
Thank you
Old 08-17-2017, 11:00 PM   #1149
Cyph3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenux View Post
Cyph3r, excuse me, but i don't understand exactly.
If i want, for example, to assign a button for " brake / gears " how am I going to to this ?
Lets's say, DCS - M2000C
I just open the M2000 control menu, and i assign a VPC MongoosT-50 button to brake or gear, and that's it ??
Thank you
Absolutely spot on

Old 08-17-2017, 11:07 PM   #1150
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 115
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
However we will be offering a configuration utility in the near future.
When is this utility due to be available and what will it's capabilities be? Will it use a scripting language like the Cougar or Warthog?
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc