Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 107 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #1061
Cyph3r

Reputation power: 8
Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Hi Cyph3r,
The parcel was shipped on the 03rd of May and was with the Indian customs on the 09th May and I got the parcel delivered to my address on the 17th June after the customs released it. My wife received it and after opening it then (17th/18th June) she had mentioned that it had some rust on it.
Since I just returned home last weekend (29th Jul) after being away on some office project work I opened it personally and found it to be true.

I honestly don't know where actually the damage happened but by the physical looks of the metal and by the rust imprints on the bubble wrap I do not think it would be the customs mis-handelling it (although thats what even I thought at first). But the bubble wrap and the Virpil tape on it was intact as you can see from the pictures so they would not have opened the bubble wrapped products inside the cardboard box for customs checking.

Anyways whats done is done. Thanks for offerring the return and replacement. If at all I change my mind about returns then I will pm/mail you.

In future please do look at more robust and rugged packaging for shipping internationally.

Also as I mentioned before only the Nuts and Bolts are rusted so you might want to look at using a non-rusty material for Nuts and Bolts for all your future orders. If you want I can email you more pictures for your perusal.

Wish you all the Best for all your future ventures... And as a member of Founders Club I look forward for more exciting products from you guys...

And I did forget to thank you for that spare cable you sent for the extension on my request. Silly me ...
So Thank you for that as well...
Ah that is still much longer than we'd like for something to be banging around in customs!

But I can indeed promise you the products would not have left our hands in that shape. Well I hope you change your mind about receiving the replacement products as it is a shame to use them in that state.

Thank you for the well wishes though, and we hope to see you return to us for future products!

Also no problem about the spare extension cable

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:21 PM   #1062
WindyTX

Reputation power: 3
WindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura about

Ok need to find the cam change instructions as the one it ships with is too hard. I adjusted the spring tensions but over did roll so it had a slack bit in the middle. The upside was that it was still reading the stick movement in the slack zone. I couldnt get the brake to act as an axis bit I think I read somewhere it needs a software update.

As to delivery I got my notification on the 5th and its here now. I live close to dfw which helps. I have had no snags with anything, I actually ordered a third desk mount as I liked the first 2 so much.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GTX 1080 Has its uses
WindyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:23 PM   #1063
PabstBleuRibbon

Reputation power: 2
PabstBleuRibbon will become famous soon enoughPabstBleuRibbon will become famous soon enough

WindyTX I'm gonna go ahead and guess your in TX? When did you order? I still don't even have a tracking #, ordered on 4/14.
PabstBleuRibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:26 PM   #1064
WindyTX

WindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura about

So here is a quick photos 30cm Sahaj extension from my Warthog days.
I will get some serious tests done over the weekend but after an hour it feels good but as mentioned the shipped Cam is pretty hard.

GTX 1080 Has its uses
Old 08-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #1065
Vladinsky

Reputation power: 4
Vladinsky has a spectacular aura aboutVladinsky has a spectacular aura aboutVladinsky has a spectacular aura aboutVladinsky has a spectacular aura about

Cyph3r posted step by step cam/spring change instructions back on page 104.
Vladinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:58 AM   #1066
hansangb

Reputation power: 12
hansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReviZorro View Post
VPC Base & Stick is about 375 mm (14.8 inches) tall;
VPC Base & Warthog Stick is about 320 mm (12.6 inches) tall.

Awesome! Thank you so much.

hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:13 AM   #1067
WindyTX

Dam page 104 thanks I knew I had seen something.

GTX 1080 Has its uses
Old 08-12-2017, 03:14 AM   #1068
WindyTX

I ordered 4/14
But it was modified that day as I added the deskmount. I need to look again for the exact date of the original order.

GTX 1080 Has its uses
Old 08-12-2017, 03:47 AM   #1069
Cyph3r

Reputation power: 8
Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough

Hey all,

I've attached a quick start guide to help those out who have their VPC MongoosT-50 Bases now. In the near future we'll have an in-depth user manual available!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VPC MongoosT-50 BASE Quick Start - ENG1.0.pdf (422.4 KB, 146 views)

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:29 AM   #1070
WindyTX

Thanks good timing

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc