Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 104 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 04:37 PM   #1031
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 29
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_neo View Post
a short question concerning the standalone grip. Is there anyway to connect hte grip directly to the pc without the Virpil base or Warthog base? I've got the t.16000m and therefor have a lack of buttons and switches. The stick-base combo is more what i can spend atm and getting the grip only would be a good start provided you can hook it up directly to the pc somehow. Any idea on that?
Is not impossible - but require good amount of DIY.

Spoiler:

First: T.16000M controller manage 16 buttons + POV HAT

T50 (and Warthog) grip has 19 buttons + POV HAT - T50 has a additional axis (brake lever).

So just plug T50 in T.16000M base will not work, first because T50/Warhog grip send buttons inputs for controller through Shift Register serial protocol.

T.16000M base seems manage buttons through diode matrix (since cost $0,0x less), a different protocol.

Second even if you are able to overcome this some buttons (3) in T50/Warthog grip will not work due lack or T.16000M controller capability.

But you can just use a Arduino PRO Micro or Teensy with MMjoy2 firmware that is compatible with Shift Register serial protocol - or write a Arduino code if are use do this - what is easy and cost little (Arduino PRO Micro clones is ~6 in eBay) for manage grip buttons.

This Milopapa topic exemplify well - just with other parts - how do this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152723

In this way you make a dual joystick with this "Franken'stick":
T.16000M for manage axis (optionally can use their buttons input for "button box") and T50 grip became other joystick. Two USB cables is connect to computer.

For modern flight games (AKA "simulators") this solution don't cause problems because they can use multiples controllers, but for "AAA" games with "flight things" e.g. BF's maybe cause issue, generally they use one joystick only. No clue about "Space games" (my interest in then is like for Star Wars movies = 0).

Make the T.16000M base compatible with Warthog/T50 nut is no difficult, the need parts is available in [url=https://www.shapeways.com/product/7X4SAB5N7/cougar-4?optionId=61311375[/url], probable require some trim in lower part as is done for other models, what you need is the threaded part. T.16000M "twist rudder" certainly need be erased.

BTW - Not sure but probable you can use the T50 brake lever axis though MMjoy2, what is not possible via Warthog base.

Quote:
sc-neo
with MMJoy2 you mean wiring it to an arduino board and stuff?
You need flash (write) MMjoy2 firmware in Ardunio PRO Micro/Teensy... board, what is simple like record a file in DVD. Don't require additional hardware, as is done through USB cable.

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 08-09-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #1032
voucher76

Reputation power: 0
voucher76 is on a distinguished road

Hi Cyph3r

I understand the preorders of the Mongoose Base are about to be delivered, but how long af a wait would you roughly estimate for new orders?

Best regards
Voucher
voucher76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #1033
Cyph3r

Reputation power: 8
Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by voucher76 View Post
Hi Cyph3r

I understand the preorders of the Mongoose Base are about to be delivered, but how long af a wait would you roughly estimate for new orders?

Best regards
Voucher
We're looking to be around the end of next week for new orders

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #1034
Cyph3r

Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx22 View Post
Hi Cyph3r,

Bringing discussion back to the base - set includes 3 sets of different cams and springs. Can you, if possible, post instructions on how to swap them.

Thanks!
To give a quick text instruction list for changing the cams/springs:
  1. Disconnect from PC and remove grip.
  2. Remove 4 x bolts on the rear side of the VPC MongoosT-50 Base.
  3. Remove 4 x bolts on the underside of the VPC MongoosT-50 Base and remove the lower plate.
  4. Disconnect the 3 x cables plugged into the VPC-Controller board.
  5. Remove 4 x outermost bolts on the topside of the VPC MongoosT-50 Base.
  6. Carefully lift the gimbal from the outer housing.
    You will now have the VPC MongoosT-50 gimbal out of the external housing
  7. Remove 4 x remaining bolts from the VPC MongoosT-50 Base.
  8. Fully loosen the "pitch" and "roll" axis tensioners. This will free the axis lever arms. You can now replace the springs.
  9. Each cam is held in place with screws, remove these to detach the cams.

Reassembly is just a reverse of these steps. Once you've settled on your preferred cams and compression springs, you can fine tune the tension for each axis via the adjustment holes in the top plate once everything is reassembled.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:30 PM   #1035
PabstBleuRibbon

Reputation power: 2
PabstBleuRibbon will become famous soon enoughPabstBleuRibbon will become famous soon enough

Any news on US-bound shipments? Just curious how you're ordering things for dispatch. Not trying to be annoying, just VERY EXCITED to get my hands on the T50!
PabstBleuRibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:44 PM   #1036
Cyph3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabstBleuRibbon View Post
Any news on US-bound shipments? Just curious how you're ordering things for dispatch. Not trying to be annoying, just VERY EXCITED to get my hands on the T50!
A few batches have already included US orders. Don't worry, not long to wait now!

Old 08-09-2017, 10:06 PM   #1037
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 29
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Probable the 1st user pictures.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/...26#entry548277
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:32 PM   #1038
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 23
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

My setup is showing still at Export Office in Minsk. It has been released by customs though.

Hopefully not too much longer now.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #1039
Baz000

Reputation power: 3
Baz000 will become famous soon enoughBaz000 will become famous soon enough

I hope in the not too distant future, the shipping costs to the USA can be substantially reduced. Otherwise I would have no choice but to go lwith a competitor's products (VKB).

I'm very interested in the desk mounts (competitors are not as adjustable and very expensive) but my desk thickness measures 1.5 cm not 2 - 6cm. Would it still work on my desk?

Last edited by Baz000; 08-10-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Baz000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #1040
Jakko

Reputation power: 0
Jakko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz000 View Post
I hope in the not too distant future, the shipping costs to the USA can be substantially reduced. Otherwise I would have no choice but to go lwith a competitor's products (VKB).

I'm very interested in the desk mounts (competitors are not as adjustable and very expensive) but my desk thickness measures 1.5 cm not 2 - 6cm. Would it still work on my desk?

From Virpil page:

"The VPC Desk Mount will attach securely to most computer desks* with a thickness of 15-50mm."
Jakko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc