DCS 2.5 with Leap Motion? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-16-2018, 02:23 AM   #1
ambision

Default DCS 2.5 with Leap Motion?

So, did anyone tried or succeeded in using a Leap Motion controller in the clickable cockpits in DCS: WORLD?

Is it even possible?
ambision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:56 PM   #2
BlacleyCole

Wasn’t able to get leap working with dcs someone said they mounted it on their throttle and used it like a touchpad but I never tried it. Ed didn’t seem interested in working with the leap motion team from what I read. I’m in the process of buying a pair of CaptoGloves at the moment as that seems the route ed is going and it is supposed to work as is and ed is supporting it or at least open to it. Not as cheap as the leap motion but I think it will work better imo.

New FlightSim Blog coming at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. It in the wip phase now. I’ll be reviewing both the hardware and software to include mods on a weekly bases once setup. I’m way in the rears at this point.
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:33 AM   #3
hansangb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambision View Post
So, did anyone tried or succeeded in using a Leap Motion controller in the clickable cockpits in DCS: WORLD?

Is it even possible?

You can have LEAP act like a mouse. But I quickly uninstalled it because it was way way way not accurate enough. If you're playing tennis with your hand acting as a racquet, it it's OK. But trying to do anything more granular is pretty tough. HOWEVER, I haven't tried it with the new ORION software.
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:02 PM   #4
BlacleyCole

I ordered the CaptoGlove last night or this morning I was told a couple of weeks even with the e3 demand

New FlightSim Blog coming at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. It in the wip phase now. I’ll be reviewing both the hardware and software to include mods on a weekly bases once setup. I’m way in the rears at this point.
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leap motion