Introducing the VPC WarBRD - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
Cyph3r

Arrow Introducing the VPC WarBRD

►Introducing the VPC WarBRD

VPC and BRD are pleased to announce our first collaboration project - the VPC WarBRD!

The VPC WarBRD is the newest generation of desktop flightsticks perfect for piloting any warbird to it’s highest potential! Featuring the latest iteration of BRD’s world famous compact, all metal, dual-cam mechanics and VPC’s own highly versatile electronic systems.

Being equipped with the same connector standard and electronics as the VPC MongoosT-50®, ensures the VPC WarBRD will have complete compatibility with VPC’s existing and future grips without requiring any adapters or modifications.

The VPC WarBRD will be positioned below the VPC MongoosT-50® in the VPC product lineup to become the ultimate desktop joystick at an affordable price.

Targeted for a release in Q1 2018, more information including a full overview of the VPC WarBRD features, specifications and pricing will be released in the near future.

Stay tuned for more news on the VPC WarBRD!

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
Mr_sukebe

Looks interesting. A few questions if I may:
- Any functionality changes when compared to the T50 base? e.g. the number/type of buttons on the grip
- What's it made of?
- Your thoughts on how it "feels" when compared to the existing T50 base
- Does it have swappable springs and cams?
- Can you tighten/loosen the tension as per the T50 base?

and on a more joking basis, do you need a UK based tester?
Mr_sukebe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
Cyph3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
Looks interesting. A few questions if I may:
- Any functionality changes when compared to the T50 base? e.g. the number/type of buttons on the grip
- What's it made of?
- Your thoughts on how it "feels" when compared to the existing T50 base
- Does it have swappable springs and cams?
- Can you tighten/loosen the tension as per the T50 base?
Great questions!
  1. Functionality regarding the grip support will be the same as the MT-50 Base.
  2. It's made from the same all metal construction as the MT-50 Base.
  3. The VPC WarBRD will have 2 spring types and 3 cam profiles.
  4. Nope - the spring pre-tensioner design is unique to the MT-50 gimbal.

Quote:
and on a more joking basis, do you need a UK based tester?
Gunning for my job?

But in all seriousness, we already have a large team of testers

Old 12-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
=Buckeye=

Default Introducing the VPC WarBRD

Damn! I was pumped, as I had been waiting for a VPC and BRD partnership to buy a stick base, then I saw that this will be positioned below the MT-50...and it is designed for Warbirds, while I only fly modern aircraft.

Nonetheless, congrats to VPC on the announcement and I'm happy for the guys that will have great interest in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Odyssey+ VR HMD | Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Extension by Sahaj + TM Warthog Grip | Custom JetSeat SE | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2

On Order:
Pimax 5K+

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti @ 2.1ghz | i7-4790K @ 5.0ghz | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #5
Cyph3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
Damn! I was pumped, as I had been waiting for a VPC and BRD partnership to buy a stick base, then I saw that this will be positioned below the MT-50...and it is designed for Warbirds, while I only fly modern aircraft.

Nonetheless, congrats to VPC on the announcement and I'm happy for the guys that will have great interest in this.

It is just the name, it is suitable to pilot all the same aircraft as the MT-50

Old 12-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #6
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
It is just the name, it is suitable to pilot all the same aircraft as the MT-50

Understood, but I just spent $725 on my pedals + damper...so I'm looking to round my pit out with the top of the top of the line gear for my HOTAS. Not trying to understate this quality of this product as I am certain it's top tier (it is, after all, a product of the dream partnership of Baur and Virpil), it just sounds like MT-50 would still be the better match for me from the VPC product line. I would absolutely want the spring tension control.

Best of luck with this, I'm still waiting for VKB to show their throttle before making any decisions anyway, maybe VPC and BRD will have a new bar setter out by then

Odyssey+ VR HMD | Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Extension by Sahaj + TM Warthog Grip | Custom JetSeat SE | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2

On Order:
Pimax 5K+

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti @ 2.1ghz | i7-4790K @ 5.0ghz | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #7
Andrei
Campaign Testers

Send a message via MSN to Andrei

Does this base make the T-50 stick more suitable for desktop use? How tall would the stick + this base combination would be?
Andrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #8
cichlidfan
Veteran

Curious about the differences. I would love to see a side by side breakdown of the two bases.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #9
Baz000

Is this better for flying helicopters than the other base? I'm looking for something for fixed wing and helicopters.
Baz000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:07 PM   #10
Baur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
Does this base make the T-50 stick more suitable for desktop use? How tall would the stick + this base combination would be?
Guys, my English is very bad. I did not understand the question and gave the wrong answer.

Cyph3p will answer your questions.

Last edited by Baur; 12-10-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Baur is offline   Reply With Quote