-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

Hello, i have recently bought Combined Arm, and i noticed a few things.

you have prevented CA owner to control individual ground units ( we can't jump into a BMP and play with it for exemple ), however, we can still control all the allied units on the F10 map ( move there, shoot on that...).

That means the "issue" you tried to fix a few time ago is still there, one can still select ground units arround an Airport and send them kilometers away. This is especially true because you formed all the defensive perimeter arround Airport as a single ground units group.

According to CA manual, you should change the "tactical commander" slots into "Advanced observer" slots, so that to prevent CA owners to move whole groups of ground units at once while still allowing them to play as GCI.

It would then be great to re-allow people to drive individual units arround, to play with BMP and like, and also to be able to use JTAC.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you realize that once the harrier is released that it will be 40 blue vs 5 Reds, with the red consisting of die hard Mig-Riders or Poor bastards :)

Good point. It's not like I'm gonna be giving the Harrier a good number of slots and keep the rest as it is. With the Harrier out there I will reduce the number of A-10's, especially the A-10C's. The Viggen having 8-12 slots in all the missions might also lose 2-6 slots. If it gets very outnumbered then the A-10C might leave the server and maybe the A-10A as well. However if most Blue players decide to fly the Harrier rather than the F-5 then you shouldn't worry all that much about the numbers while finding an easier aerial opponent in the Harrier. Let it come to being first and we'll see how things change.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hello, i have recently bought Combined Arm, and i noticed a few things.

you have prevented CA owner to control individual ground units ( we can't jump into a BMP and play with it for exemple ), however, we can still control all the allied units on the F10 map ( move there, shoot on that...).

That means the "issue" you tried to fix a few time ago is still there, one can still select ground units arround an Airport and send them kilometers away. This is especially true because you formed all the defensive perimeter arround Airport as a single ground units group.

According to CA manual, you should change the "tactical commander" slots into "Advanced observer" slots, so that to prevent CA owners to move whole groups of ground units at once while still allowing them to play as GCI.

It would then be great to re-allow people to drive individual units arround, to play with BMP and like, and also to be able to use JTAC.

Well... If the option "Player can drive/control vehicle" in the mission editor is UNchecked then there shouldn't be a problem. However there is a problem in the mission editor regarding that and I didn't know about it. Apparently players can use some key combination that I recently knew about to "overwrite" the unchecked option and manipulate ground units. As far as I know it even works in the "Forward Observer" option or any other one so I'm not sure what you mean. I'll have to check it out tomorrow in the mission editor once back at my computer.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

you realize that once the harrier is released that it will be 40 blue vs 5 Reds, with the red consisting of die hard Mig-Riders or Poor bastards :)

This will be the case on every server for the first week or two. Nothing Alpenwolf can do to prevent it. But with that being said the Harrier is actually a worse ASF than the F-5E so it shouldn't be of any concern!

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

First thanks for the great server.

Unfortunately I am not always able to enjoy it, there are now 2 missions that I am unable to fly on Springfield and now Ossetia. When these missions are active I am able to connect to the server, select a role or chat and read the briefing. As soon as I click "fly" DCS freezes/hangs and I have to force quit DCS. All other missions work fine with no issues, only problem is with the 2 mentioned above. Has anyone else had a similiar issue? Does anyone have any tips, ideas or suggestion I may try to resolve this issue? Is there a file or log I could post that might help to identify the problem?

I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem

Unfortunately DCS has currently many bugs. As a mission designer I always have to look for alternatives in order to work around a bug. This might affect the mission's performance. Furthermore many bugs you just have to live with. And these affect players' computers in different ways. I know it's frustrating and I can only hope for a proper update or even better for 2.5 to finally come out and hopefully without so many bugs.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@beam/video

didn't the DCS.log show some error or anything regarding a problem on connecting?

Nope.

So we can join just fine. But after hitting the "fly" button in the briefing nothing happens. Normally you hop into the jet, but all that happens on my screen is the fly button darkens slightly indicating that its been depressed.

If you start clicking around the Microsoft 'program not responding' window pops up.

I've turned off all my mods, ran a repair, and it still doesn't work.

EDIT: Before hitting "fly" I am able to chat with players in the server. Once I hit fly, everything freezes

Edited by Beamscanner

Alpen on the new Theater the RED AD's and I mean all of them do not engage enemy at any altitude. Buks will point their arrows on the enemy (very late reaction) and won't fire. Strelas won't fire. Instead every mig on the planet is again locked by the friendly SAMs.

ex. I was 70km SW of maykop attacking a FARP when all of sudden I was locked. No BRA on me nothing. Just to open tacview and watch a F-86 crusing above base attacking both AWACS taking them down.

Have no clue was is wrong but I only see this repeat on your server.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Alpen on the new Theater the RED AD's and I mean all of them do not engage enemy at any altitude. Buks will point their arrows on the enemy (very late reaction) and won't fire. Strelas won't fire. Instead every mig on the planet is again locked by the friendly SAMs.

ex. I was 70km SW of maykop attacking a FARP when all of sudden I was locked. No BRA on me nothing. Just to open tacview and watch a F-86 crusing above base attacking both AWACS taking them down.

Have no clue was is wrong but I only see this repeat on your server.

It's a DCS issue. SA-3 and SA-6 don't work really. Simply bugged. Strelas are fine actually, I always read the messages regarding Strela kills.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193262

There are other threads as well.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

How long does an team kill banned last?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

How long does an team kill banned last?

Depends on how "obvious" or how often that is. Some look pretty much delibrate. Others just happen accidentally etc.

Are you banned? I know I didn't ban you. And if I haven't then no one has for sure. Maybe autokick/autoban?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

It was autoban had some incidents yesterday where there was alot of ppl playing, and the missile tracked the wrong guy. It was like 3 team kills over 5 hrs time.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Same. Can't load the countermeasures pod in any mission for several days now.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Must be a new stupid bug! When you think everything is just fine a bug drops by to say hi :glare:

EDIT: Today I worked my way around this issue to enable the MiG-21's to have their ASO-2 back. Also the externalview for spectators has been removed. IronJockel will upload the updates any time today. Stay tuned.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The MiG-21's have their ASO-2 back! Fixed this problem today and removed the externalviews for spectators. The server is just restarting...

Have fun!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 2 weeks later...
I think the Harrier is a bit late for a "Cold War" Server, the Viggen I can understand since it's an upgrade of a 1970s airframe

Do you have any idea about the rage of players this would unleash if I wouldn't include the Harrier? It's not too much for Red planes to handle and had its maiden flight during the so called Second Cold War so why not...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments