DCS World, which of these do I install?

tacannav

Hi, I have been away from DCS and decided to reinstall DCS World, only thing is, I see three downloads available, DCS World 2.1 early access, DCS 1.5 and DCS 1.5 open beta, can you choose from one of these three or are they supposed to be downloaded in some sequential order, I am not sure how to do this since I have been away for some time, I installed BlackShark1 on my computer and will upgrade to BS2 once DCS World is installed, I am just not sure which to choose from, or do I go with all three....Please help. thanks

You only need DCS world. No need to installed Black shark 1 then 2. DCS world can installed all your Mods/aircraft. You can installed the open beta at the same time if you choose but not needed. You can installed all three at the same time actually, but to use 2.1 you have to buy one of the new terrains like NTTR or Normandy.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

You actually need to install BS1 if you have BS2Upgrade.

Install DCS World.

If you want to participate in the development test branches, install those too. Alpha branch is the most common test branch as it allows NTTR/Normandy (and useless unless you own one of those). Beta branch is occasionally a small version ahead of Release and I would skip it.

• 1 month later...

I guess I screwed up then. I initially installed 1.5 for Steam, and couldnt get anything other than the initial page to open Trying to open ANy mission for either the Su-25T ot TF-51 would cause the program to kill itself. I then Downloaded 1.5 Non-Steam, had the same Issues, So I uninstalled everything and downloaded the 2 open beta, which of course didnt include any Terrain, I Bought Nevada, and couldnt run any missions (Same issues with the included aircraft), as a Last try I bought the Mig-21Bis Module, and it's been running great..occasional freezes, but that's on my computer's end, it's an older Laptop. Once the most recent update to 2.1 came out I can load both of the other aircraft in the quick flight area, but none of the training stuff. I tried to download 1.5 again, so i could have the Caucuses plus the training missions for the SU-25, but i coudn't do that on top of the 2.0. So, now Im womndering if I should Uninstall everything, and start with the 1.5, then download the 2.0 and update on top of that. Any Ideas???

I guess I screwed up then...... So, now Im womndering if I should Uninstall everything, and start with the 1.5, then download the 2.0 and update on top of that. Any Ideas???

All training missions, included campaigns, and single missions that come with modules are made on the free Caucasus map in the 1.5 version. Nevada and Normandy only have Instant Axction and a few single missions for FC3 module. There are user made missions you can download for Nevada as well as DLC campaigns if you want to stick with Nevada.