Lock On and StarForce

Hey;

Well with the FC-3 soon to be released..knowing that you must also have Lock On installed..well I just re-installed Lock On..only after having upgraded to Win7 and now when I try to start Lock On..it gives me an Starforce error..will this affect the installation of FC3???

And if so how can I get the starforce error corrected:music_whistling:

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

To clarify: what is required is specifically Lock On. As Viper indicates, this has no starforce protection. If you are seeing Starforce errors in Win7, this is because you are using FC1. FC1 is not required. If you update drivers for FC1, this will work, but if you have LO without FC1, just install that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

To clarify: what is required is specifically Lock On. As Viper indicates, this has no starforce protection. If you are seeing Starforce errors in Win7, this is because you are using FC1. FC1 is not required. If you update drivers for FC1, this will work, but if you have LO without FC1, just install that.

Yes FC2 works fine..but I tried to go in and do a few flights with Lock On..and I get this Starforce error..just for Lock On...not FC2

starforce.png

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

That's not LockOn - that's LockOn Flaming Cliffs, ie LockOn 1.12a/b. You possibly have conflicting installs or the like. As said, LOMAC definitely does not have SF - only introduced with FC1.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That's not LockOn - that's LockOn Flaming Cliffs, ie LockOn 1.12a/b. You possibly have conflicting installs or the like. As said, LOMAC definitely does not have SF - only introduced with FC1.

Okay..but I can't load Lock On..also this will not affect FC3 or will it...???

[/Table]

Sometimes the desktop shortcut keeps pointing to FC1 if you have it installed even after re-installing LOMAC vanilla.

Thanks Flankerator..

Okay forgot to install Lock On patch 1.12b...but now I still get a activation error..now...

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

To really run this old bird you need to make it run as administrator and for the easy part i recomend disabling UAC.

(HJ)

Okay thanks...:thumbup::thumbup:

Okay ran it as admin..and I now get Starforce driver incompatibility...its looking like Lock On doesn't like Win7..biggest issue is will FC3 still work...once it is released..since I can run FC2 with no problems...

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

than please update the starforce divers

http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip

Thanks bud..forgot .. about...the driver update..also just keep forgetting to insert disc...LOL..details details..will let you know how the outcome is...:thumbup:

[/Table]

I had to start it up again, and it runs fine but my A-10 was mission some of the graphics. Tried a track also that did not run very good so ther might be issues ;) I'll play some more with it some other night. Recomended to watch is "The Crimean Tour" by Ironhand :D I think the video is awailable for download on Flanker training.

(HJ)

I had to start it up again, and it runs fine but my A-10 was mission some of the graphics. Tried a track also that did not run very good so ther might be issues ;) I'll play some more with it some other night. Recomended to watch is "The Crimean Tour" by Ironhand :D I think the video is awailable for download on Flanker training.

(HJ)

Rgr that..:thumbup:

[/Table]

• 1 year later...
than please update the starforce divers

http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip

Hi Guy's I know that this is an old thread, and that 159th Viper helped me solve a problem and got me running Flaming Cliffs 1.12b on Windows 7, by pointing me to the above sfdrvup.zip.

Next problem, anybody got flaming cliffs 1.12b working on Windows 8 or 8.1, if so how, as I keep getting an error message, from starforce, saying that Activation "can be launched with Windows 95 osr 2.1/98/me/NT 4.0/2000/XP/server 2003 only"

I've tried running flaming cliffs in XP compatibility mode, Protect.exe in XP compatibility mode, both in XP compatibility mode, but to no avail.

Anybody help at all? (oh before anybody suggests upgrading to flaming cliffs 2 or 3, already got it, but would like to play 1.12b too)

Thanks

Pete

• 10 months later...

HATE that Starforce. Was in the UBIsoft Silent Hunter series at one time and gave nothing but complete headaches for ligit installs. Surprised it's still around, though I understand copyright paranoia still runs rampant over there, but there's got to be a better system. Nothing worse than paying for something then find out due to "copyright" protection you can't even use what you ligitamently purchased anyways.