F-15 Missing a Real Life sound

FlyGuyF119

Also your suppose to throttle up to scav the oil from the sumps then go to cut off. That would also make a small sound from the CENC. The -100's were awesome to work but damn were they a pain to trim!

Not required anymore. At least when I got out in 07.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

• 3 months later...
I gather this sound is only audible outside the cockpit?

Cheers

I remember seeing this video where the effect was audible from inside the cockpit. But I am not sure if the sound is authentic, especially since the author also superimposed the sounds over him driving his car over the runway over the now abandoned Soesterberg AB. It sounds a little to windy to me. But it could be the other F15, or the fact this was recorded sometime before 1994, the year the americans left camp new Amsterdam.

[ame]

[/ame]

The sound is also sometimes heard on some F16's :)

( heard at almost every landing after 1:05)

[ame]

[/ame]

Edited by Sryan

Check my F-15C guide

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

And no, the motor doesn't increase in RPM.

No, but it is normal for RPM to move

I prefer the GE; Less delta Ps to check during launch and no need for a fuel bucket upon recovery.

Ge is a better engine in every way...from a mechanics stand point anyway.

Not required anymore. At least when I got out in 07.

They where still doing it in PW F-16 circa 2012.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The sound is also sometimes heard on some F16's :)

F-16 Block 10, 15, 20, 25, 32, 42 and 52 should make that sound

To whom it may concern,