Parts Prices Holding

I looked at buying a rig 10 months ago and did the price checks, turned out about $4000 AUD, main parts being the 2080TI and an i9 9900k.

I didnt really need to upgrade just then so sat on it, looked again now 10 months later, the same Rig is still about $4000AUD.

Would you expect prices to remain the same for 10 months or do you think it will only reduce when it becomes an older model?

Is there a lack of competition?

Or do you just say at some point you have to buy the gear and unlucky if it is superseded the next day?

Edited by Mr_Burns

BTC is up, I expect it to go up further between China instituting capital controls and the US printing money on the eve of recession. It'll drag up all the other crypto's with it. My money says, GPU prices get bid up over the next two years. Small time miners, especially if they have subsidized electricity, tend to like powerful GPU's. If you see a dip in the price of 2080ti, you might should grab one quick

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Above all, a lack of genuine competition at the kit level that you’re looking at.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.