Next Modules. - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 12:40 AM   #11
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDieing View Post
Have you guys noticed that Strait of Dover says 2.0? Perhaps this was the beta version of Normandy, just like Strait of Hormuz ended up being the Persian Gulf map.

The Hind and Viper were known for ages.
Normandy appears as your icon, and a Dover Map never was planned by the old WW2 team on the Kickstarter or Ugra team. The actual Normandy WW2 has only a "part" of low resolutions of Dover Straight and the English part has very low resolution (no cliff of Dover). That can be a new map by Ugra or ED.

That can "match" with the Normandy map.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 11-07-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #12
Varis

Quote:
Have you guys noticed that Strait of Dover says 2.0? Perhaps this was the beta version of Normandy, just like Strait of Hormuz ended up being the Persian Gulf map
Or it's just an experimental project which is not ready to be announced and might already be canceled and never will see the light of day. I would imagine ED is constantly running dozes of projects/prototypes which we've never heard about.

Don't go starting any silly rumours when there isn't even any context
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:22 PM   #13
MrDieing

Wags has been around long enough to not make these mistakes. The fact that it says 2.0 might say more then you think. Its not spreading silly rumours without context, its just observing and trying to make sense out of it.
Years ago, when half the stuff we have now was a wish list. We just posted about rain effects, different seasons. We talked about different maps and aircraft. Now we have most of it, we have all this "elitist" come in that just want to post about what they deserve and what they are entitle to because they pay. They just keep crying and whining how horrible DCS is and how much they got robbed. They keep taking my shiny toy and trowing it in the trash because is not good enough for them.
MrDieing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:00 PM   #14
Buzzles

Quote:
Wags has been around long enough to not make these mistakes. The fact that it says 2.0 might say more then you think. Its not spreading silly rumours without context, its just observing and trying to make sense out of it.

Well, Wags either made a mistake, or he's sitting at his desk chortling at the furore it has caused
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:26 PM   #15
ebabil

syria!!!!
Ultimate Argument | Oilfield | Argo | Border

Youtube
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:07 AM   #16
SVTONY

I do wonder if that means they actually have a preliminary version of the F-16 in sim already.

Intel Core i7-6800K/16GB RAM/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD/1TB SSD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:53 AM   #17
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTONY View Post
I do wonder if that means they actually have a preliminary version of the F-16 in sim already.
Sure, the guy(s) that develop flight models need something to do... Outside of tweaks to the Hornet's FM they have to have something to work on.

You then have the modeling team and texture team. Hornet is done or very close to being done in those areas and outside of tweaks, those guys need something to do as well.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #18
Varis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Sure, the guy(s) that develop flight models need something to do... Outside of tweaks to the Hornet's FM they have to have something to work on.

You then have the modeling team and texture team. Hornet is done or very close to being done in those areas and outside of tweaks, those guys need something to do as well.
Do DCS developers specialize by functionality and not by aircraft? My impression has been that each module has separate teams and resources are not easily moved between them.

Also what I've gathered models&textures would be largely done by the time code side development (flight models, systems etc) gets in gear. Though there must be some areas where there's lots of art <-> code integration.

If it's on Wags's desktop it could mean they "are working on it"... ie. we might be just a few years away from the release
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #19
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
Do DCS developers specialize by functionality and not by aircraft? My impression has been that each module has separate teams and resources are not easily moved between them.

Also what I've gathered models&textures would be largely done by the time code side development (flight models, systems etc) gets in gear. Though there must be some areas where there's lots of art <-> code integration.

If it's on Wags's desktop it could mean they "are working on it"... ie. we might be just a few years away from the release
You will have guys that are dedicated to a module or that is their primary task. Either way once the work is done there has to be something for them to do or you fire them. The logical course is that they get tasks for future projects or additional features / bug fixes.

Typically models and textures are placeholders while the FM begins development. The actual finished products are worked on concurrently and later integrated. I'd imagine the 3D model would be one of the first things done with final textures and FM to follow.

Remember we started seeing the F-18C icon show up in Wags livestreams shortly before it was formally announced. Whether we are 6 months or 6 years away from release is a moot point. ED stated not to expect any info on the Viper until sometime in 2019.

At that point we'll get a better idea of when to expect our beloved bird.