Please add "VR friendly propeller" in specials tab

Schmidtfire

Dear Eagle Dynamics, please add option to use "VR friendly propeller" in the special tab column.

Current propeller does not work well in VR (45fps ASW makes the sight wobble all over the place). There are no issues with the older modules P-51D, Bf109-K4 or FW190-D9.

I hope that you can find a good solution for this issue and thanks for a great module!

I can't say that I've noticed this. It seems perfectly fine to me...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

As soon as I started flying without ASW, no more issue here. But you're right ASW causes this and should be addressed.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• ED Team

What means 'ASW'?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

What means 'ASW'?

"Asynchronous Spacewarp" (ASW)

a frame-rate smoothing technique that almost halves the CPU/GPU time required to produce nearly the same output from the same content.

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/asynchronous-spacewarp/

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

@USSR_RIK

Thank you for posting in the English forum.

VR demand 90fps. If it drop below, ASW will lock VR FPS to 45.

Still giving smooth sensation. But! ASW create small Ghosting/Mirror around edges with motion behind. Like wingtip against ground or a gun sight in front of spinning propeller.

Old propeller don't show much, so gun sight still look good with ASW.

"Option" to use Eagle Dynamics old style propeller (same as P-51 and Bf-109) in VR would be nice.

@USSR_RIK

Thank you for posting in the English forum.

VR demand 90fps. If it drop below, ASW will lock VR FPS to 45.

Still giving smooth sensation. But! ASW create small Ghosting/Mirror around edges with motion behind. Like wingtip against ground or a gun sight in front of spinning propeller.

Old propeller don't show much, so gun sight still look good with ASW.

"Option" to use Eagle Dynamics old style propeller (same as P-51 and Bf-109) in VR would be nice.

Yes please give us that option, flight in Spitfire VR is not good with ASW

I have ASW enabled and I don't see this.

So its not everyone.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Wow, strange, I never got this effect! I wonder what kind of settings make some of us immune to this

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• ED Team

Thanks for report and video. Can you also attach dcs.log? Just 10..15 second in simple mission with ASW = ON - Spitfire air start, view on propelles (as on video).

• Like 1

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Thanks for report and video. Can you also attach dcs.log? Just 10..15 second in simple mission with ASW = ON - Spitfire air start, view on propelles (as on video).

Sorry for the late reply.

Here you are.

Simple mission, airstart, looking at the propeller with vr and ASW on.

I renamed the .log to .txt only.

Fox

dcs.txt

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Just to add, this is exactly as I see it with ASW, I thought all the VR guys saw this, amazing how it's not everyone! Is it related to how slow the frames are when ASW is invoked? Pretty much I have to use it to smooth the frames in VR in low FPS situations.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *