TARGET - Advanced programming

ivanwfr

This too is possible ;) ... what a wonderful world isn't it !

If you associate tmc files to the script editor, I think you can drop a tmc file into the star-up folder:

XP version would be this one:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

But I don't know whether the idea of a shutdown folder has crossed the MS wizard's mind... ?

If our world was ruled by Unix laws instead of MS's, it would be a piece of cake, just a question of runlevel with the init system process... ;(

But I'm sure a reader can suggest something to play our trial and failure usual guesswork.

Edited by ivanwfr

Thanks for info, will check later today...

Another idea that came to mind...Could you make a dynamic setting of stick sensitivities for pitch, roll and yaw with using Friction control?

Something similar to "... Slew keying/mousing tuned by Friction-Control"...but to adjust sensitivity of stick itself...so user can make stick less sensitive during refueling?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

This has crossed my mind too as this is precisely why those axis CURVE and ZOOM tuning functions are there.

Trick is only about the way we are going to choose which axis is to be adjusted when the slider is activated. This is no technical issue, it's about user friendliness.

Aren't we going to turn all these modal activation into a nightmare ?

Currently we have:

[color="Red"]Friction-Control[/color] -- (no modifier, meaning Middle-OUT layer)
...Slew  [color="red"]Keys [/color]sensitivity - MFCD/HUD/COCKPIT
...Slew [color="red"]Mouse [/color]sensitivity - MFCD 

[color="red"]S4+Friction-Control[/color] -- (S4 modifier, meaning Middle-IN layer)
...FWD 95%     = [color="red"]Gear Down[/color] (L_SHIFT+ USB_G)
...BWD 05%     = [color="red"]Gear Up[/color]     (L_CTL   + USB_G)

What next? :doh: ...OK, that's crazy enough for me to give it a try!

Let's pick DOWN_OUT layer which is activated by Micro-Switch Down for me. Left thumb can still adjust FC slider while the right hand can play with the stick to feel what happens. ...looking into it right now...

You have it attached to the first post in DCS_ivanwfr_110629.zip

No layer involved... S3 does it all:

- Hold S3 = Joystick Precision temporary mode (like TrackIR does)

- Hold S3 + Friction Control : Adjust and retain Joystick zoom (Full forward = 100% deviation)

- ... no curve adjustment for TM Warthog HOTAS, only zoom is adjusted by SetSCurve(,,,,,,zoom=-5..0)

Edited by ivanwfr
updated first post archive

Target with Cougar?

I was in update mood and switched my cougar from foxy to target. Target looks really useful (especially the scripting part), but it's kinda... weird. If I try to generate an event, it gets only generated if I chain the same event 4-5 times. The target gui does this; however, if I get into scripting, it just doesn't work that way. It's really... weird. Does anyone have any example scripts not for the Warthog, but the Cougar?

There's no "Overkill". There's only "open fire!" and "time to reload".

Specs: i7-980@4,2Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX480, 1x 8800GTS, X-Fi HD, Cougar, Warthog, dcs-F16-pedals

Hey,

would love to. I encircled the problem to be somewhere between my stick and... something else. The only problem left is the radar cursor, as I can't get any movement in the X-Axis through it, only the Y-Axis is moved, while I'm sure I've mapped it correctly. Attaching file. (Important lines are the lines about the RDR_X and RDR_Y-Axis, both approuches don't work out)

FC2.tmc.txt

There's no "Overkill". There's only "open fire!" and "time to reload".

Specs: i7-980@4,2Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX480, 1x 8800GTS, X-Fi HD, Cougar, Warthog, dcs-F16-pedals

Well, everything I could do to hurt your two lines of codes below, I did!

[b]    KeyAxis(&o, axisX, 0, AXMAP2(3, USB[0x36], 0, USB[0x38]));
   KeyAxis(&o, axisY, 0, AXMAP2(3, USB[0x33], 0, USB[0x37]));[/b]

with:
   RDR_X RDR_Y for HCougar
   SCX   SCY   for my Warthog Throttle
as axisX and axisY:

... they never failed to do their job :noexpression:

Anyway, I've attached my own painstick functions below...

1- You can see what I could do with my Warthog in axis\axis_THR_SC_KEYS.tmc file.

2- You can have a look into those TM system include files where everything is defined:

...see: %ProgramFiles/Thrustmaster/TARGET/scripts.

(I've extracted relevant lines as comments into map_Slew_Control_with_KeyAxis() function.

3- Monitor what happens in EventHandle function

...my DCSW_main.tmc has some logging facility you could use to monitor axis activity.

DCS_ivanwfr_axis_THR_SC_KEYS_110703.zip

thanks will check it

...thanks will check it..

You have it attached to the first post in DCS_ivanwfr_110629.zip

No layer involved... S3 does it all:

- Hold S3 = Joystick Precision temporary mode (like TrackIR does)

- Hold S3 + Friction Control : Adjust and retain Joystick zoom (Full forward = 100% deviation)

- ... no curve adjustment for TM Warthog HOTAS, only zoom is adjusted by SetSCurve(,,,,,,zoom=-5..0)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

ivanwfr,

Thanks for the info! Maybe you or anyone can answer this for me....I know this can be done in TARGET though I cant seem to get it to work within the game options. I would like to program the use of the (Mic switch down) for a modifyer key along with the CMS FWD? It seems to only recognize the CMS fwd only and not this modifyer key, though if I change the modifyer key to the pinky button on joystick then yes it works fine. I'm trying both target and in game options to see which one I'd rather use. Thanks

Hollywood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://WWW.VFA-113.COM

Win 8.1 i5-3570 3.4ghz-Trackir5-TM Warthog - Pro-Saitek Combat Rudders-Viso 43" 4k"

Your TARGET code would show what is the issue.

As for the in game version, I have no idea about how modifiers are implemented. If you go on the trial and error way, you will eventually find a solution.

What is also missing is how you describe your 2 modifiers combination rules.

TARGET has the IOUMD logic that deals with 3x2 modifier states but I've never seen any description about games own logic... you have to guess, try and re-gess and re-try and ...

That's why I do the TARGET way! A documented tool rather than quick undocumented bindings "logic".

If I can see your TARGET code, I'm pretty sure I can tell you what's wrong with it and even how you can add to IOUMD if you need more layers ;)

Thanks for sensitivity of stick x/y axis last night i finally managed to conect with tanker..awesome stuff

Update ** 27.08.2011 - last night I managed to connect with tanker and got almost half tank of fuel...

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

If I can see your TARGET code, I'm pretty sure I can tell you what's wrong with it and even how you can add to IOUMD if you need more layers ;)

Thanks,

The TARGET software works flawlessly. My question was pertaining to the in game mapping only. Thanks for the info.

Hollywood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://WWW.VFA-113.COM

Win 8.1 i5-3570 3.4ghz-Trackir5-TM Warthog - Pro-Saitek Combat Rudders-Viso 43" 4k"

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ivanwfr...I need your help again...

I am using trackIR, and i would like to use LTB button for:

Center Track Ir

Pause Track Ir

HUD zoom

I would like to use these key presses:

Center Track IR -- F13

Pause Track IR -- F14

HUD zoom -- Num5

I would like this setup for LTB button:

TH_MO - short press Centar Track IR, long press HUD Zoom

TH_MI - short press Pause Track IR

Can you please tell me how to add these custom commands to your

th_MI.tmc and th_MO.tmc files?

Also, what are the changes in new script files after 1.1.0.9 patch?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Overriding a standard mapping:

1 - If the "normal"
LTB
_MO layer is redefined, its standard function
Toggle Autopilot
will be removed.

...But
APENG
_MO=DX26
AUTOPILOT ENGAGE/DISENGAGE
is there to do the same job ;)

2 - This is the first overriding definition I've made so far to a button that has a default action and it shows that the place of js_SHIFT() and th_SHIFT() function calls has to be changed in DCSW.tmc. They have to be called at the last possible moment, just before js_map() and th_map().
(...updated in
first post archive)

SHORT and LONG key press:

Keypress duration is to be considered
only when some long press on the same button on the same layer action is defined
, otherwise, press duration is not a concern. Here, Pause TrackIR will be toggled with a short or a long LTB press as long as the MI-shift-modifier is pressed.

Redefining LTB MO and MI layers:

Those 2 variables are already declared in file th/th_declare.tmc. Here are 2 lines that will redefine LTB mapping to your liking and that's it.

LTB_MO =  TEMPO(USB_F13, USB_KP_5, 200); // SHORT=CENTER-TRACKIR, LONG=HUD-ZOOM
   LTB_MI =        USB_F14;                 //        PAUSE-TRACKIR

Here is a new file to be included and called by DCSW.tmc. (just uncomment the 2 corresponding lines from my first post archive)

// hreich TrackIR Center/Pause and HUD-zoom
int th_SHIFT_hreich()
{
   printf("...th_SHIFT_hreich: ");

// ---------------------------------------
   // | LTB_MO (SHORT) | F13 | Center TrackIR |
   // | LTB_M0 (LONG ) | KP5 | HUD zoom       |
   // | LTB_MI         | F14 | Pause  TrackIR |
   // ---------------------------------------

LTB_MO =  TEMPO(USB_F13, USB_KP_5, 200); // SHORT=CENTER-TRACKIR, LONG=HUD-ZOOM
   LTB_MI =        USB_F14;                 //        PAUSE-TRACKIR

printf("...done\xa");
}

And 1109 changes have not affected any of these mappings as they consist in some added combos:

COMMUNICATIONS:
\\                LCtrl      - "Switch to main menu"

CDU PANEL:
[A-Z]             LCtrl LWin - "CDU Key"
[Num-1-0 . / +- ] LCtrl LWin - "CDU Key"
[PageUp,PageDown] LCtrl LWin - "CDU Key"

UFC:
Num1              LCtrl LShift | UFC 1
Num2              LCtrl LShift | UFC 2
Num3              LCtrl LShift | UFC 3
Num4              LCtrl LShift | UFC 4
Num5              LCtrl LShift | UFC 5
Num6              LCtrl LShift | UFC 6
Num7              LCtrl LShift | UFC 7
Num8              LCtrl LShift | UFC 8
Num9              LCtrl LShift | UFC 9
Num0              LCtrl LShift | UFC 0
NumEnter          LCtrl LShift | UFC ENT
M                 LCtrl        | UFC Master Warning

hreich_LTB.jpg.d3cd692e5fe955dcac53fb75d4c84415.jpg

Edited by ivanwfr

• 4 months later...

? TARGET Virtual Joystick support dropped ?

LUA export support has vanished from some previous patch and now it looks like TARGET Virtual Joystick support disappeared!

I hope I'm wrong but I can't stand this patching process unreliability and the way I discover that all the time spent can be silently put to waste.

As of right now, I suspect that TARGET support about axis mapping has been hit by pach 1111. I'll have a look in these forums to check if there are some discussion I should read in order to get some workaround...

You could check that too and if you find something, then let me know...

If it happens that there is no solution, I'll report about this unworthy job from ED's team... Look, if you had a liner captain that would prepare his flight like this, you could be worried about your safety once airborne...

TARGET virtual joystick support should be part of their check list at patch release time!

I hope for some solution to be found or at least some explanation !

Ivan

Edited by 159th_Viper
Rule 1.10

Replying to myself, as it looks I'm the only one who cares.

I could find out that custom configuration files from 1.1.0.9 are not only incompatible with 1.1.1.1 (some LUA table dump change) but keeping them around silently removes TM Throttle axis entries from Controls window.

Another trap hidden in this patch takes care of some TARGET DX Input ON-to-OFF transitions that are now ignored... Meaning you can't handle your flags, EAC and LASTE correctly...

Also, trimming seams to be a problem...

If someone can tell me how to report this in a constructive manner in order to comply with the "recommended" positive attitude enforced by this forum policy, I'm ready to rephrase everything.

Ivanwfr sorry to see no reply from ed whatsoever...Maybe you should contact somebody directly via private mail, usually they tend to respond..i am currently trying the gregp approach - with clean dx profile for both stick and throttle, and it looks promising

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I'm not quite done with this because there may be some solution for each of those issues.

But I'm not positively impressed with devs support either. Their "Lua exporting in DCS" page looks like an antique, a place that has been abandoned since ages.

I know it's useless to ask for some controls insight as the only thing coming in return would be the echo of my own voice. I know this is not a constructive point but how else should that be said? The only alternative is to say nothing and quietly let this decay proceed on its way to nowhere.

Maybe I should restate the fact that I like this sim enough to spend a fair amount of my time trying to get the most out of it... That's my construction and I'm not getting involved in money vaporware here, it's only a passionate matter. So no one has to remind me to keep a positive frame of mind or I'l simply quit for good.

This one too will give some head scratching to our moderators, but each one of us should sometime reconsider how any blind support can be seen from the outside.

ivanwfr, I for one am hoping that somebody at ED hears you and fixes these problems, even if I have to admit I don't quite understand what the problems actually are. :)

I haven't installed 1.1.1.1 yet simply because I just don't have the time right now to do the whole patch upgrade process, which, because of my controller config customization and other mods, generally takes me 3-4 hours. It sounds like 1.1.1.1 is going to mess up my TARGET profile's Thrustmaster-combined.lua file, so that's an additional factor keeping me away from the new patch.