Rescue Helo-Carrier Formation 24/7

funkyfranky

I've noticed the helo won't rescue ejected or crashed aircraft anymore. Anybody else seeing this?

Which Moose version are you running?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Which Moose version are you running?

So I was just trying both your rescue mission that is linked to the first post of this thread, and the same with the recovery tanker mission.

But to answer your question, at first I downloaded the latest MOOSE patch 2.4.13... then I tried extracting the lua from your missions and using those... that's when I tested your missions and didn't see the chopper rescue any longer when I eject or crash within 15NM of the carrier (I was testing by both crashing and also ejecting right next to the carrier, and farther out as well). I remember seeing the helo rescue in one of my own missions (using the newer rescue Moose module) as recently as last month, and noticed without making any changes to the mission, the helo won't rescue even in that mission.

I did just reinstall DCS, would that make a difference? The strange thing is the rescue helo is doing everything else correctly, so I know MOOSE is working/script is loading.

Thanks for the super fast reply by the way! :thumbup:

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

So I was just trying both your rescue mission that is linked to the first post of this thread, and the same with the recovery tanker mission.

But to answer your question, at first I downloaded the latest MOOSE patch 2.4.13... then I tried extracting the lua from your missions and using those... that's when I tested your missions and didn't see the chopper rescue any longer when I eject or crash within 15NM of the carrier (I was testing by both crashing and also ejecting right next to the carrier, and farther out as well). I remember seeing the helo rescue in one of my own missions (using the newer rescue Moose module) as recently as last month, and noticed without making any changes to the mission, the helo won't rescue even in that mission.

I did just reinstall DCS, would that make a difference? The strange thing is the rescue helo is doing everything else correctly, so I know MOOSE is working/script is loading.

Thanks for the super fast reply by the way! :thumbup:

There was some (undocumented) change in DCS that caused trouble with the ejection event. Try the Moose development lua from https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_INCLUDE/tree/develop/Moose_Include_Static

PS: Make sure you really downloaded the lua (right click, safe as) and not the html file. This is a bit tricky with the github link, sorry.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

There was some (undocumented) change in DCS that caused trouble with the ejection event. Try the Moose development lua from https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_INCLUDE/tree/develop/Moose_Include_Static

PS: Make sure you really downloaded the lua (right click, safe as) and not the html file. This is a bit tricky with the github link, sorry.

Ok thanks, I'll try it. But if you or anyone else can test if the helo is still able to rescue (when convenient) to confirm or contradict my observation, would be much appreciated!

Ok thanks, I'll try it. But if you or anyone else can test if the helo is still able to rescue (when convenient) to confirm or contradict my observation, would be much appreciated!

Just tested again, it's working fine. Try this mission https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/develop/OPS%20-%20Airboss/Caucasus/BOS-100%20-%20Stennis%20Hornet%20and%20Tomcat

But give the helo enough time to take off if you do an air start.

Just tested again, it's working fine. Try this mission https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/develop/OPS%20-%20Airboss/Caucasus/BOS-100%20-%20Stennis%20Hornet%20and%20Tomcat

But give the helo enough time to take off if you do an air start.

Interesting... yes, it works in that mission you linked to. I'll analyze more, but be good to know if your mission linked in the first post of this thread (and recovery tanker) are having issues or not.

Thanks F-Frank

• 1 year later...

OK, i am experimenting with this Moose Rescue Helo scripting.... is it possible to spawn the Rescue Helo for a frigate or a custom carrier mod, instead of the ED carriers and tarawa?

We are running a mission file that includes three community carrier mods; HMAS Melbourne, L-61 Juan Carlos, HMS Hermes; but I am unable to spawn a Rescue Helo for any of these carriers, although, they are seen by DCS as a 'carrier'.

Edited by Mugg

MVP | Community Founder
Email: 
muggavirtualpilot@gmail.com

mvp-signature-image.png

Discord:  https://discord.gg/brSBc9BWaZ  |  Twitch:  www.twitch.tv/muggavirtualpilot  |  Facebook:  www.facebook.com/muggavirtualpilot

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I am trying the exact same use of the Rescue Helo for the carriers Clemenceau (R98) and Charles de Gaulle (R91) without success so far.

Did you solve the problem ?

I am new to Moose, so any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Toan