Looking for a Huey cockpit mod.(Patos)

I have a cockpit mod by Patos called Black_huey_pit and it worked fine until the update and looked good. Now it won't work and I've searched everywhere to find the post and in the user files, I can't find anything about it or if its been updated. Anyone know anything about it?

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

Edited by 20thBG_Blackwolf

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Yeah, I have it. It seems all Patos files are deleted.

To make it work you need to make it as a separate cockpit texture not as a replacement.

First a question. Do you use OvGME or at least JSGME?

If you install it manually then you need to take the folder where the individual dds files are located (if it is an archive you need to unpack it) and move it to:

\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Liveries\Cockpit_UH-1H\Black by Patos

or

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Liveries\Cockpit_UH-1H\Black by Patos

depending on what DCS version you are using. Note the folder "Liveries"!!! So now the extra cockpit textures are considered like liveries... like skins. And you just need to configure them a bit.

After the move just place a Description.lua configured for it inside that folder. I attach mine here.

The game will read that file and the folder is in (Be sure to rename the folder appropriately (mine is in red called "Black by Patos". Don't let it with default name after unpacking to avoid confusion!) and present you with an option to change to that cockpit texture from special tab in options... at UH1H page. The name is given by the folder and the description.lua file makes sure all is set correctly.

here is a screenshot on how it looks for me (disregard the two other copies of description.lua... one is enough)

bIJd2Q7.jpg

description.lua

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Yeah, I have it. It seems all Patos files are deleted...

Didn't knew about this Cockpit Mod ... could you please share the textures too? Thanks a lot :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm not sure that I can post it, it is Patos, even if it it is deleted.

Dont worry, I fully understand.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks Zaelu, I use OVGME.

So I can just change the path in OVGME and I should be good?

Yes, I think you will have to redo the mod... not sure if you can edit inside the zip archive... at least I can't edit OvGME archives with 7zip.

Didn't knew about this Cockpit Mod ... could you please share the textures too? Thanks a lot :)

I'll try later today when I return from... work :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Here it is, Rudel_chw. I hope Patos wouldn't mind sharing his work.

https://we.tl/alzCti7iid

I don't have the original readme as I never expected the files to be removed from DCSWorld user section where all the explanations were easy to find. I have only the original link ( https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2364217/ )

To install just place it either to liveries UH1H Cockpit from Mods folder in game folder or in User files in respective DCS World folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...
Here it is, Rudel_chw. I hope Patos wouldn't mind sharing his work.

https://we.tl/alzCti7iid

Hello,

Today someone asked me for a copy of this files, since your link has expired, and I thus realized that I never got back here to thank you for your kindness ... I'm sorry, dont remember now why I forgot it at the time. Anyway, better late than never and so just wanted to express my gratitude

... and also, in case someone else wants to try this cockpit, here is an updated link for the files:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26gvciB_0oYMQ6ZmPftA

To install, they have to be decompressed, you will get a "Cockpit_UH-1H" folder ... put it on c:\users\your_user\saved games\dcs\liveries ... if you have no "liveries" folder, just create it with windows' file explorer.

Thereafter, the cockpit can be selected on DCS settings, like shown on the pic.

Best regards

uh_cockpit.jpg.37058c6eaf6dde8375afae619195d485.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey...don´t worry. My Cockpit Mod is online.Checked today. Also with a workaround for the gamma problem with the cockpit. Look to my signature:smilewink:

ppU6eVYcM2SAYuOaeqyVEVTHpFufjrleYA0q4afanro?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3

Edited by Ovis

Hey hey...don´t worry. My Cockpit Mod is online.Checked today. Also with a workaround for the gamma problem with the cockpit. Look to my signature:smilewink:

Hello, glad to still have you around ... I will disable my shared link from a post above, so that people goes to your link instead. How ridiculous of ED's to censor the links to other sites :)

It's a fine work, thanks a lot for sharing it .. will try out your new version, as I recently upgraded DCS to 2.5

Best regards,

• 11 months later...

ppU6eVYcM2SAYuOaeqyVEVTHpFufjrleYA0q4afanro?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3

I just downloaded your Black Pit for the Huey from LockOnFilesdotcom and for some reason I get all Missing Textures. Has the description.lua changed or something?

How can I fix this?

ma5p7DB.png

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

You have to rename all xxx.bmp.dds and xxx.tga.dds to just xxx.dds

And remove the bmp and tga from description.Lua for those files.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

• 1 month later...
Is this mod still available? All existing links are down.

Just checked .. it’s at lockonfilesdotcom ... cant put a direct link, but it’s there :)

Is this mod still available? All existing links are down.
Yep, I got it 2 weeks ago and I think I had to fix a few things. PM me and I can send it to you.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Hello everybody,

because of my flight training to obtain the flight license, I have even less time for flight simulators. Therefore, I offer everyone to continue to develop my mods or edit, the desire to do so. You can find them at lockonfiles dot com. Have fun, it has given me a lot of pleasure that you have found favor with the mods.:thumbup: