[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hi, feel a bit apologetic asking questions after the above.

Either way, can I please ask if there will be an update to support the new version of the Spitfire, i.e. the CW version, which is listed as a separate aircraft in the mission editor?

If so, if you'd be kind enough to advise when the new version is available, that would be ace.

As a side note, this is still one of the best buys I've ever done for DCS. Brilliant product.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

SimShaker was working fine for a long time. I don't have a jetseat. I have a soundcard, amp, and my own shakers.

Then, yesterday it stopped working. I can 'Test' it and it does shake my shakers when I use the SimShaker Test buttons, so my setup is correct. My Export script has not changed.

I finally noticed that somehow it had been set to the 'USB (Gametrix KW-90x only)' Output Mode. That was wrong as I don't have a Jetseat.

When I selected the 'Sound (Buttkicker and similar devices), I received the error(see pic):

"Form load: Network port is busy. Check if another Sound Module is already running"

There is not another Sound Module running in memory that I can see.

So, I rebooted and ran a Repair on the SimShaker App. That is when I started receiving a .Net Framework 4.5 Error runtime. It would pop up over and over whenever SimShaker loaded with DCS. I would click the Continue button, and it would just pop up again.

So, next I unstalled SSA and the Sound Module. I rebooted and downloaded SSA again, and installed it. The Output Mode is still set to USB, and I am still trying to select the USB (Buttkicker and similar devices) option, and still receiving that 'Form load: Network port is busy. ...." error! I close the app, and restart it, and it is always back on USB.

Please Help?

EDIT:

After spending hours trying to fix it yesterday, I uninstalled it all again today. And this time after I installed SSA, I ran it, and again it popped up the window to install the Sound Module. But before I installed that, I went into the SSA window and changed it from USB to Sound(Buttkicker). And it worked!! No errors, it just let me change it!!

So, then I let it install the Sound Module. And When I tested it with DCS it all works again. Seems something is strange how it changed back to USB Output Mode yesterday when I didn't change anything. Then would not let me change it back to Sound without getting all those errors. And having to change it back to Sound 'before' I installed the Sound Module. Weird, but it seems fixed. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: ARGGG!!!

It's back to USB again!! I flew once and then it changed back!!

But at least I noticed that it seems to only give the error if I try to change it while the Sound Module is running. So, rather than uninstall it again, I just run SSA. And when the Sound Module pops up, I close it. Then I go to SSA and change it from USB to Sound, and I get no error. Then the Sound Module automatically loads and it seems to work.

Until next time I fly, and I have to do it all over again.

And now also, SSA is running in the Taskbar, but it does not automatically run when I start DCS.

It's all getting a bit confused, and I'm not sure whey as it had been working fine...

Edited by Snacko
Fix it. NOT Fixed!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi, feel a bit apologetic asking questions after the above.

Either way, can I please ask if there will be an update to support the new version of the Spitfire, i.e. the CW version, which is listed as a separate aircraft in the mission editor?

If so, if you'd be kind enough to advise when the new version is available, that would be ace.

As a side note, this is still one of the best buys I've ever done for DCS. Brilliant product.

Don't hesitate to ask... I'll add the clipped wing version as soon as I'm back from my vacation. Roughly 2 weeks...

SimShaker was working fine for a long time. I don't have a jetseat. I have a soundcard, amp, and my own shakers.

Then, yesterday it stopped working. I can 'Test' it and it does shake my shakers when I use the SimShaker Test buttons, so my setup is correct. My Export script has not changed.

I finally noticed that somehow it had been set to the 'USB (Gametrix KW-90x only)' Output Mode. That was wrong as I don't have a Jetseat.

When I selected the 'Sound (Buttkicker and similar devices), I received the error(see pic):

"Form load: Network port is busy. Check if another Sound Module is already running"

There is not another Sound Module running in memory that I can see.

So, I rebooted and ran a Repair on the SimShaker App. That is when I started receiving a .Net Framework 4.5 Error runtime. It would pop up over and over whenever SimShaker loaded with DCS. I would click the Continue button, and it would just pop up again.

So, next I unstalled SSA and the Sound Module. I rebooted and downloaded SSA again, and installed it. The Output Mode is still set to USB, and I am still trying to select the USB (Buttkicker and similar devices) option, and still receiving that 'Form load: Network port is busy. ...." error! I close the app, and restart it, and it is always back on USB.

Please Help?

EDIT:

After spending hours trying to fix it yesterday, I uninstalled it all again today. And this time after I installed SSA, I ran it, and again it popped up the window to install the Sound Module. But before I installed that, I went into the SSA window and changed it from USB to Sound(Buttkicker). And it worked!! No errors, it just let me change it!!

So, then I let it install the Sound Module. And When I tested it with DCS it all works again. Seems something is strange how it changed back to USB Output Mode yesterday when I didn't change anything. Then would not let me change it back to Sound without getting all those errors. And having to change it back to Sound 'before' I installed the Sound Module. Weird, but it seems fixed. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: ARGGG!!!

It's back to USB again!! I flew once and then it changed back!!

But at least I noticed that it seems to only give the error if I try to change it while the Sound Module is running. So, rather than uninstall it again, I just run SSA. And when the Sound Module pops up, I close it. Then I go to SSA and change it from USB to Sound, and I get no error. Then the Sound Module automatically loads and it seems to work.

Until next time I fly, and I have to do it all over again.

And now also, SSA is running in the Taskbar, but it does not automatically run when I start DCS.

It's all getting a bit confused, and I'm not sure whey as it had been working fine...

Please contact Andre. That pop up telling you that the network port is generated by the SoundModule...

I'll have a look on the SSA side when I'm back from my holidays...

Please contact Andre. That pop up telling you that the network port is generated by the SoundModule...

I'll have a look on the SSA side when I'm back from my holidays...

Roger. It seems that I need to close the Sound Module every time, and select the Sound Output. It loads the Sound Module again and seems to work.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

There was reported recently that antiviral software (namely BitDefender) can block write operation to User folder which could cause a behaviour like that.

Snacko, what if you try to temporarily disable your antiviral software?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There was reported recently that antiviral software (namely BitDefender) can block write operation to User folder which could cause a behaviour like that.

Snacko, what if you try to temporarily disable your antiviral software?

I use Kaspersky, and I disabled the protection and tested it. But it didn't make any difference. I still get that Form Load: Network Port is busy...... message.

But today, when I clicked on the USB output mode Windows Defender popped up asking me to approve this action. But that does not happen when I click on Sound. I only get that Form Load error. I wanted to test with disabling Windows Defender, but I don't see any way to turn it off.

I still get that Form Load: Network Port is busy...... message.

I suggest you can temporarily unmark "Start Sound Module automatically" checkbox in SSA settings and start SimShaker Sound Module by its shortcut on the Desktop, instead of letting it being controlled by SSA.

I wanted to test with disabling Windows Defender, but I don't see any way to turn it off.
In general Defender should be disabled by Kaspersky. Some options may be still active though, as I mentioned in this my post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I suggest you can temporarily unmark "Start Sound Module automatically" checkbox in SSA settings and start SimShaker Sound Module by its shortcut on the Desktop, instead of letting it being controlled by SSA.

Is there a settings file that I can edit manually and set Sound as the default?

I think MS Defender popped up because I had Kaspersky disabled. As you say, Kaspersky disables it while it's running? So when I disabled it, MS Defender started checking things.. I don't think that is the issue..

Is there a settings file that I can edit manually and set Sound as the default?

I'm not sure that's quite easy. Let's Olaf answers once he can.

I think MS Defender popped up because I had Kaspersky disabled. As you say, Kaspersky disables it while it's running? So when I disabled it, MS Defender started checking things..

I agree.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not sure that's quite easy. Let's Olaf answers once he can.

Ok, but he originally told me that this was a problem with SSA..

I did find the following setting in 'SimShaker for Aviators.exe.config'.

<setting name="SoundMode" serializeAs="String">
         <value>False</value>
       </setting>

So, I set it to True. I stopped SSA and restarted it several times, but it was still set to USB every time. And this setting in the file is still set to true. Maybe this is not the setting that controls Sound Mode? Or it is being ignored? Not read, not written?

FAQ

If you have multiple DCS installations of the same version e.g. for testing purposes, SimShaker only detects one installation.

If you moved your DCS installation to another location like a SSD, SimShaker can not detect the new location. Here you need to modify your registry an correct the path to point to the correct installation location.

Hi, I've ordered the jetseat last night and read the above in your FAQ. Now I just recently copied my DCS open beta to a new SSD and I was wondering if someone could explain to me the steps to edit the registry so that the software will use the new DCS folder instead of the (still existing) original. Thanks in advance!

Ok, but he originally told me that this was a problem with SSA..

I did find the following setting in 'SimShaker for Aviators.exe.config'.

<setting name="SoundMode" serializeAs="String">
         <value>False</value>
       </setting>

So, I set it to True. I stopped SSA and restarted it several times, but it was still set to USB every time. And this setting in the file is still set to true. Maybe this is not the setting that controls Sound Mode? Or it is being ignored? Not read, not written?

Hey Snacko,

SSA stores the settings in a different file. It's encoded and not changeable from the outside, the file is stored in your User Documents folder under the SimShaker for Aviators folder. When you chose SoundeMode in SSA and then close SSA it should remember(save) that state in the settings file...

Chaps>

Just sanity checking.

Should we be expecting a new version to cater for the release of the Spitfire CW version?

Being a new aircraft, it's not currently supported by Simshaker.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hi, I've ordered the jetseat last night and read the above in your FAQ. Now I just recently copied my DCS open beta to a new SSD and I was wondering if someone could explain to me the steps to edit the registry so that the software will use the new DCS folder instead of the (still existing) original. Thanks in advance!

Hmm, right of my head, this might not be necessary anymore. Older SSA version changed files in the installation. Fortunately ED added some needed interfaces thus SSA today only lives in the saved games profile folder...

Chaps>

Just sanity checking.

Should we be expecting a new version to cater for the release of the Spitfire CW version?

Being a new aircraft, it's not currently supported by Simshaker.

Just a page before: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3557864&postcount=1253

I'm still on the road...

Ohhhhh. No no problems at all. I didn’t know if there was a specific file or setting I should be using. When I use the a-10c it shows up as the a-10c I didn’t know if that was model dependent or not. Thanks for the clarification and such amazing software!

Edited by jamesb
Misspelled word

Anyone else getting no effect for the “Engine Rumble” in the Hornet? I get it for all other jets, but nothing for the Hornet.

The only thing engine related I feel in the Hornet is the afterburner.

Not sure if it’s just missing at the moment or if I’ve screwed something up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Anyone else getting no effect for the “Engine Rumble” in the Hornet? I get it for all other jets, but nothing for the Hornet.

I haven't touched the settings at all in the jetseat control panel but I am getting engine rumble for the f18, while taxing and flying just not while starting engine and sitting idle since the Apu and rpm values can't be read to be modeled.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I haven't touched the settings at all in the jetseat control panel but I am getting engine rumble for the f18, while taxing and flying just not while starting engine and sitting idle since the Apu and rpm values can't be read to be modeled.

DCS does not export RPM values for the Hornet, and since it uses a digital display unit I can not read the needle position. Therefore, in SSA, currently RPM effect for the Hornet does not work....

DCS does not export RPM values for the Hornet, and since it uses a digital display unit I can not read the needle position. Therefore, in SSA, currently RPM effect for the Hornet does not work....

Could anything correlated like nozzle position or fuel flow be used as a workaround?

You think it is worthwhile to open a wishlist thread for the RPM export? I guess there are many guys around here who would love to have that effect included.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Could anything correlated like nozzle position or fuel flow be used as a workaround?

You think it is worthwhile to open a wishlist thread for the RPM export? I guess there are many guys around here who would love to have that effect included.

Nozzel position seems to be independent from RPM, at least when near AB range ...

I've already contacted Groove and ask for several things, like RPM or isLanded... The 3d model draw export feature took also quite long to get it accessible through the export.lua...

Nozzel position seems to be independent from RPM, at least when near AB range ...

I've already contacted Groove and ask for several things, like RPM or isLanded... The 3d model draw export feature took also quite long to get it accessible through the export.lua...

Copy that, thanks for the info.

Am I correct in saying there is still hope for this to be added then, once you get the support you need?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yeah, I would have been surprised if you had not considered all the other options already :)

I've already contacted Groove and ask for several things, like RPM or isLanded.

:thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Copy that, thanks for the info.

Am I correct in saying there is still hope for this to be added then, once you get the support you need?

Sure, why not? :pilotfly:

Yeah, I would have been surprised if you had not considered all the other options already :)

:thumbup:

There is a RPM parameter in the export.lua world but it looks like only FC3 planes use it. All other models do not export RPM values thus I usually rely on (not precise) needle positions...

I hope DCS will sometime provides a more simple interfaces but they are always afraid that these interfaces could be used for cheating...:cry: