MiG-21 Ground Support

j.sabo12

I would like to start off by saying that this is hands down my favourite module for DCS!!

I suppose that this would be a completely new thing in DCS, but could it be a possibility?

My dad used to work as a ground technician with the MiG-21 in the Czechoslovak Air Force, and often talks about the large amounts of work going on around the plane as it was preparing to depart, especially in a scramble situation. He loves the DCS module, but this is one of the parts that is most lacking for him and tbh I agree with him.

I was wondering if it would be possible to include little things like:

Truck next to the aircraft when the ground power is on. (The MiG-21MF for FSX by Ivan Jurcaga simulates this)

Mechanic doing last minute checks, such as taking out the ejection seat safety pin, closing the canopy, taking away the ladder and removing chocks. (The pilots always looked out for the mechanic showing them the safety pin before they would move anywhere)

Just my idea, but I believe that it would greatly enhance the sim :)

Boeing 737 NG instructor at Simulator Centrum in Bratislava, Slovakia

I would like to start off by saying that this is hands down my favourite module for DCS!!

I suppose that this would be a completely new thing in DCS, but could it be a possibility?

My dad used to work as a ground technician with the MiG-21 in the Czechoslovak Air Force, and often talks about the large amounts of work going on around the plane as it was preparing to depart, especially in a scramble situation. He loves the DCS module, but this is one of the parts that is most lacking for him and tbh I agree with him.

I was wondering if it would be possible to include little things like:

Truck next to the aircraft when the ground power is on. (The MiG-21MF for FSX by Ivan Jurcaga simulates this)

Mechanic doing last minute checks, such as taking out the ejection seat safety pin, closing the canopy, taking away the ladder and removing chocks. (The pilots always looked out for the mechanic showing them the safety pin before they would move anywhere)

Just my idea, but I believe that it would greatly enhance the sim :)

I think it would be possible to add these things since they are not more than eye candy (I think the C-101 already features an external GPU as you requested) but as you must understand the ED Team and the LN guys are still very occupied with preparing DCS 2.0, new aircraft etc. Simply a matter of fact to survive on the free market...

You mentioned FSX, I think it would be possible for a skilled modder to introduce such crowded start up procedures but DCS has more relevant weakspots to care before.... Just my two Cents... :music_whistling:

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That could be an interesting game-play mechanic, in fact. An airport would have support assets, which are finite. Minor repairs, refueling and restarting would require you to get to the parking area and have all this stuff rolled out (if it didn't get strafed...) to you, after it's done with outstanding requests.

To be frankly honest, I think that it's not the best doing it in this engine, but once DCS 2.0 comes out, it should definitely be on the to-do list imho.

Once again from FSX, taking Aerosoft's Airport Enhancement Services as an example, it would be really nice to see the little things being done to the plane during a turnaround too. Instead of fresh missiles casually just spawning on the wings a guy with a trolley would come, same for the fuel, GPU, and ground crew. Possibly even a marshaller :)

Boeing 737 NG instructor at Simulator Centrum in Bratislava, Slovakia