DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

Seriously Cobra, take as long as it takes. I'm 42, I've waited since the ZX Spectrum days for a flight simulator of this calibre. I for one can wait longer.

Indeed. This.

I’ve wanted the F-14 to be properly simulated for years. Since DCS world come along the F-14 was the first aeroplane that come into my mind and I thought if only we could have a Tomcat in this combat simulator. Other F-14 titles have come along in the past on other simulations but in my opinion have been awful. I’ve waited for this one since fleet defender. I’m human I keep looking on the forums longing for the date and keep thinking for Christ sake when’s it going to come out. Yes it feels frustrating and I’m not saying people shouldn’t speak their mind but to let it get to this, threatening when we have got so close, when they have submitted a release candidate to ED I don’t understand it.

Please can it stop or just calm down and give the guys a break they are probably still working flat out on things.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meteor doesn't tour.

That’s honestly a little disappointing to hear, I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve heard so far.

And Jorge released a great album in the meantime - called White Crows! Check it out: https://meteormusic.bandcamp.com/album/white-crows

Thanks, I will!

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is no negativity here. Some posts are more emotional than others, and that's about it. This is called constructive criticism, or feedback if you will.

At the end of the day, everyone here wants the same thing.

Its all good:thumbup:

My bad then bud, I must admit I did not go through tonight's discussion before making my post, but wrote it knowing how these things usually go. And we sure all want the same thing, I am glad we will be having it within the next thirty days!

Modules: too many

System: I7-7700K, GTX 2080 Super, 64GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, 3TB HDD.

The absolute idiocy of a few loud mouth complainers in this community continues to anger and disappoint me...Cobra: pay no mind to them, they are a very small self entitled group.

ED: do what you have to do to ensure a smooth release. We know it’s coming soon and that’s good enough.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Remember in the 80s when I wait MONTHS just to receive a gaming magazine from Europe or USA. In 90s I wait months for my Gunship 2000 copy for Amiga 500 to arrive (customs and all that $&%$) -Never forget the happiness while returning home in the public bus with that box- Now I can wait a little more. They said winter (here is summer) we are still under the release window. We have a 3 hour stream from Jabbers to see. Never in my dreams in early 90s have such a thing while waiting for my games/simulators on those dark times. Enjoy life, the other modules, books, movies... Sorry for the "english".

Edited by Fercyful

The absolute idiocy of a few loud mouth complainers in this community continues to anger and disappoint me...Cobra: pay no mind to them, they are a very small self entitled group.

ED: do what you have to do to ensure a smooth release. We know it’s coming soon and that’s good enough.

Now that you have given them your permission.....as if they required it. - That seems to be an entitled statement.

Of all the posts here, whether you personally agree with them or not, some positive and some not so positive, yours is the one that resorts to name calling and personal insults using "idiocy" "loud mouths", etc. All, at least in the world I live, have the freedom to speak there minds and express there opinions.

You seem to like to use the word entitled a lot. So let us take a loot at that. You TOO have the right to disagree and express your opinion as well - personal insults and all, but to be of the belief that others do not have the same right.....or are wrong for doing the same seems entitled.

Thanks for the feedback!

I had hoped to be very careful with giving errant signals, and the "target of December, guarantee by Winter" was intended to be very unambiguous.

It's hard to predict how thousands of others will interpret the solidity of one's statement, however.

Anyway- we're a merge weeks away at this point. Exciting and scary at the same time.

I suggest we steer this thread in that direction from now on :)

As far as I kow, Heatblur has never written anything false about the release date: "target of December, guarantee by Winter" is still possible.

On the other hand, when you want something badly and you know that maybe you will get it tomorrow, then tomorrow you will wake up and check whether it's available. After days in which you realize you can't have it yet, it starts feeling frustrating.

I'm not a salesman, neither a coder, but IMHO as a consumer I think that if you are planning to release something on date X, then the range of dates should have its beginning closer to X than its end.

I also guess that the stated range of dates affects the motivation of the team who is working on the product and I can't know whether the choice has been good in that regard.

Dear Heatblur, it must be tough to work hard and then have that hard work questioned; after all, usually not all the satisfied customers contact you to tell you they are satisfied, but all the unsatisfied will. Customers satisfaction and perceived quality can give some headache and I think that release time is part of quality. There are cars whose interiors are refined, whose doors close with a nice sound but have problems from time to time: the perceived quality was good but the actual reliability is not and yet a Youtuber who reviews the car will describe a good overall build quality. I've heard rumors of companies that decided to save money on the final quality inspection of their products, deciding to leave it to the end user: if it's faulty, they will replace the product and the user will think "what a great company, they replaced the product right away". If you had delivered the Tomcat in April after having said that you were expecting to release it in May, maybe people would have been happier than now... who knows.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

How about putting a 6 month delay on ALL preview pictures, news, posts, youtube-videos next time a new module is in the making? Whenever you feel like putting some news out ALWAYS add a 6 months delay. Put it in a cue of some kind.

...everyone will be happier when the module releases couple of months earlier than expected :)

Just kidding. Looking forward to buying the F14 in a couple of weeks! Keep up the good work. Love the Viggen!

Now that you have given them your permission.....as if they required it. - That seems to be an entitled statement.

Of all the posts here, whether you personally agree with them or not, some positive and some not so positive, yours is the one that resorts to name calling and personal insults using "idiocy" "loud mouths", etc. All, at least in the world I live, have the freedom to speak there minds and express there opinions.

You seem to like to use the word entitled a lot. So let us take a loot at that. You TOO have the right to disagree and express your opinion as well - personal insults and all, but to be of the belief that others do not have the same right.....or are wrong for doing the same seems entitled.

What's wrong with insults? I think they are fun, and they amuse me.

The juicier the insult the more fun I have. But unfortunately this wasn't very creative.

He can do better I'm sure, but you know forum rules and all.

People seem to forget that things that we say about other people say absolutely nothing about those people, but they do say everything about ourselves.

Now back on topic.

I think that this night's discussion was very productive.

We wanted approximate date,within two weeks of course, and now we have it.If you don't know what I am talking about read very carefully last few pages.

Yes, that's right, you are welcome.Any suggestions can be left at (www.loud mouths.com). Now my friends I will leave you.Need to try this sleep thing again.Until next time I have insomnia;)

I bought into the Kool-Aid for $60.00 several years ago when another developer in another platform did an "early release," of the F-14. Almost immediately after the release they decided to close shop.

What about all of us who bought the HAWK only to be left high and dry

I'd rather have a product that will be supported and updated and I'm willing to wait until it's ready to go

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact

We made a decision pretty early on to not put any -A liveries on the -B, since we don't expect the -A to take us that long to get to. (Something we'll detail in our EA release roadmap)

Cool, I must have missed that little tid bit if it was made public. I'll just wait until the A model is released to fly the flag for VF-1. :thumbup:

I'll just use the VFA-143 Pukin Dogs livery for my B model antics instead. :pilotfly:

Look forward to taking her up when she's done! :joystick:

Well I mean it's clearly all just a big hoax right? xD

Actually that would be world's best troll job... I'd have to tip my hat to them...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

JG6.gif

DCS beach volleyball simulator?

This is the "next plane" isn't it... Don't lie...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Keep drinking, it's Saturday night after all

giphy.gif

We made a decision pretty early on to not put any -A liveries on the -B, since we don't expect the -A to take us that long to get to. (Something we'll detail in our EA release roadmap)

Thank Goodness! Seeing incorrect liveries on wrong variants is one of my pet peeves.

Cool, I must have missed that little tid bit if it was made public. I'll just wait until the A model is released to fly the flag for VF-1. :thumbup:

I'll just use the VFA-143 Pukin Dogs livery for my B model antics instead. :pilotfly:

Look forward to taking her up when she's done! :joystick:

VF! VF! VF! VF!

Lol.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

I'm just curious if we're all going to have a Christmas morning and wake up to it being released without an actual set release date. I think I would prefer this!

Ryzen 7 3800x - 32G DDR4 3400Mhz - RTX 2070 - M.2 1TB - Saitek x52 - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals - Oculus Rift - 2 lap cats

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B, MIG-21bis, MIG-19P, Mig-15, F5-E3, F-86F, A-4, F-14, A-10C, JF-17

Thank Goodness! Seeing incorrect liveries on wrong variants is one of my pet peeves.

VF! VF! VF! VF!

Lol.

I was a bit confused there for a second, but then I remembered... You're quite right. NOW they're a VFA squadron, they weren't when they had Cats... My apologies. :thumbup:

There was no estimate given. There was a range given.

The range has been, since day 1 of pre-orders, been this winter. That encompasses the range of December 21st - March 20th, 2019.

Until it's March 21st and there's no F-14, we've not reneged on this guarantee.

You've also fundamentally misunderstood my post as a cry for some sort of sympathy, but that's besides the point.

The hope of a date range was to give ourselves leeway to put quality ahead of fixed dates, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that a date at the tail end of a range

is not considered appropriate by the community. (Much to my surprise). Lessons learned, I guess.

Cobra, i know that these are your customers and you want to reassure them but you are wasting your time. They won't calm down. Everyone knows that your promise was latest 20th of March and they are freaking out a month before the deadline.

I do also freakout inside but I can't blame you for that today on the 24th of February and I know that what makes me impatient is simply the fun to fly it, it's basically a hobby, but for you it's much more, it's personal lives and money that you invested in this.

I hope you keep the deadline and release it even with a few bugs I'm sure the quality will speak for itself.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Cobra is doing a great PR now, understanding both points of view.

Sometimes you can't please everybody but Cobra is trying to do, wich is the way to go to be a perfecionist. That looks like the motto in Heatblur.

People can be and I understand they are a little bit frustrated, me too but I also understand that there is a process you have to do so I also understand HB point of view and also ED.

In my opinion, there is always something to get better the next time, and while this might have been a great thing to do, people often misunderstand things.

This is like Xmas eve right now. We are about to witness something incredible. Hold your thing together guys! It's almost there.

The hope of a date range was to give ourselves leeway to put quality ahead of fixed dates, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that a date at the tail end of a range

is not considered appropriate by the community. (Much to my surprise). Lessons learned, I guess.

Cobra please don't let a vocal but very TINY minority influence your decision making in this regard. Most simmers are pretty reasonable people and you have one of the most anticipated aircraft modules in development. (Pretty much THE aircraft for many, many people)

The internet by its very nature brings out the worst in people, and behind the wall of anonymity people can and usually go too far in their criticism. Just ignore it and keep doing what you're doing. A lot of us appreciate it.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I was a little too hot-headed yesterday, re-reading my post. :)

It's important to understand all perspectives, and we will try to take the critique to heart where reasonable.

Hope to share more info as soon as we know what/when!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I was a little too hot-headed yesterday, re-reading my post. :)

It's important to understand all perspectives, and we will try to take the critique to heart where reasonable.

Hope to share more info as soon as we know what/when!

And I also beg you pardon, my posts might have had a littel bit of ill on them. We are almost there :)

Oh lord, the level of bickering between the two opposing view points here is nauseating. While you're undoubtedly allowed to support HB and defended it where you feel necessary, you can't just attack people over their criticism.

People forget because of the nicheness of this community that HB are a business and while we all know the owner and employees, it means that the business is open to the criticism of its customers. While obviously a common courtesy should be applied to that criticism as to not make it too personal or berating, it doesn't mean people should go all white knight and act like children because someone said something in a negative light against HB.

That being said people really need to in general just take a calm backwards step from the forums and just breath a little while the module is literally only weeks away now and all these tantrums will be forgotten until the next module to be embraced by the DCS community over its release.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."