Ejections seats functionality, multiplayer concerns.

Jumbik

Is RIO ejection seat connected to the pilots one? Are both ejecting at the same time, or they can depart separately?

Can we protect ourselves from misuses of this in multiplayer? Where pranksters would eject me after joining as RIO?

On a more funny note, can AI RIO eject on his own when he becomes fed up with my flying? "Screw this I'm out." thing? :)

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

If the pilot ejecs,the RIO will always eject with him.

The pilot can also select the eject controls for the rio.

It is well written in the manual.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

If the pilot ejecs,the RIO will always eject with him.

The pilot can also select the eject controls for the rio.

It is well written in the manual.

Ok my bad, looking at the manual now I can see how it can be set, but the concerns are still there.

If I'm not making mistake here, the handle which determines the ejection logic is in RIO's office. So the question still holds for the second part. Can we protect ourselves in multiplayer against misuse of this? Can I block people from joining me in RIO's seat?

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

No worries.

From the manual for futher reference:

A pilot initiated ejection will always eject both crew members. The EJECT CMD lever controls what happens when the RIO ejects: In PILOT mode (lever forward), only the RIO will be ejected. In MCO mode, both crew members will be ejected.

For the second concerns:

Ive seen someone claiming that you will be asked before a RIO could join.

So you as a pilot are in controls.

You can also try to find some friends to fly along with you ,-)

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

I know this is not in this thread but....if the pilot dies....you as a RIO only can eject yourself not chance to take control of the plane,right?

Correct. The RIO has NO aircraft controls in his / her pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Where pranksters would eject me after joining as RIO?

This had never occured to me before now... And now all of DCS can blame you :music_whistling:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Correct. The RIO has NO aircraft controls in his / her pit.

Well.... Except the crucial one... :megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What concern? Don't fly with randoms in your RIO seat.

Since I have no clue and multicrew modules are new to me:

Is there a way to lock out the RIO? If you're on an MP server, how would you stop a random from jumping in? Does the game already have some way to handle this?

Since I have no clue and multicrew modules are new to me:

Is there a way to lock out the RIO? If you're on an MP server, how would you stop a random from jumping in? Does the game already have some way to handle this?

As a pilot you have to autorithe a RIO to enter your plane.

Not correct. The ejection select lever is in RIO cockpit.

True, my bad. Thanks formoointing it out.

I don’t see much issues with this trolling in DCS. The module itself is 80$.

Besides that you will have admins on these servers (or on this forum) and have the ability to deny a RIO connecting.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

No one can enter your back seat without you allowing them, so as long as none of your friends are a total PITA (we all have one tho, right?) no one is going to be ejecting you out as a troll.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;3811876']No one can enter your back seat without you allowing them' date=' so as long as none of your friends are a total PITA (we all have one tho, right?) no one is going to be ejecting you out as a troll.[/quote']

If they do, don't let them in the backseat again. If you do let them in the backseat again, you may end up with the callsign "Linus". :D

As a pilot you have to autorithe a RIO to enter your plane.

Cool. So is the process similar to selecting an aircraft from the list, but it's another slot, and upon selection, the pilot gets a yea/nay dialog? I'm curious if there are any screenshots or videos demonstrating this yet. While it really doesn't matter much, the technical implementation has sparked some curiosity.

Well thats comforting.

How do disconnects get dealt with? I.e. all of a sudden your RIO gets bumped off for whatever technical reason. Do you get an AI jester, and can the RIO come back mid flight if he can reconnect? Or are you SOL?

Well thats comforting.

How do disconnects get dealt with? I.e. all of a sudden your RIO gets bumped off for whatever technical reason. Do you get an AI jester, and can the RIO come back mid flight if he can reconnect? Or are you SOL?

Asking real questions here.