C-101CC DME

dahlgren

Is it possible to get DME readings in the CC model and if so, how?

This post seems to suggest it is possible: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3297292&highlight=DME#post3297292

As far as I can tell there is no TACAN equipment so I assume we would have to enter DME frequency on the NAV radio? If this is correct where can I look up the frequencies?

Thanks, Vibora. So to clarify, we should dial in the corresponding VOR frequency for the desired TACAN channel, and then we should expect a DME return? Setting the DME switch to Hold will keep the current VOR frequency returning a DME to the TACAN station, while dialing up another VOR frequency will give a bearing to the new station?

Also, I would love to have the TACAN channels and corresponding VOR frequencies added to the CC kneeboard. :thumbup:

Thanks, Vibora. So to clarify, we should dial in the corresponding VOR frequency for the desired TACAN channel, and then we should expect a DME return? Setting the DME switch to Hold will keep the current VOR frequency returning a DME to the TACAN station, while dialing up another VOR frequency will give a bearing to the new station?

That's all correct. See attached screenshots. In the first one the VOR frequency 135.9 equivalent to TACAN channel 16X is set, so that I get 0.5 NM DME reading from Batumi TACAN. In the second one, I've set DME hold switch to hold position, so that I was able to tune the ILS while keeping the DME indication.

Also, I would love to have the TACAN channels and corresponding VOR frequencies added to the CC kneeboard. :thumbup:
Will add it to the wish list :)

Screen_181227_005435.thumb.jpg.ffb9416105720f14ef60cc4244088bdc.jpg

Screen_181227_005510.thumb.jpg.1746a42720c7bf070b0387943814e14c.jpg

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

I took screenshots of the frequencies and saved as .png in the folder C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\C-101CC

freq1.thumb.png.c713f865d969d5d94a1db59a64f0821e.png

freq2.thumb.png.fe2d1d20179f744f2ac97039ee7f82ca.png

freq3.thumb.png.72b3d244489c6dbcfd574a61ca5d43ac.png

DME hold switch doesn't work in my install. I tune Batumi TAC/DME 135.9, DME shows up just fine on the HSI. I then select DME hold.

Then as soon as I rotate the NAV freq tumblers the DME display blanks out. if I retune 135.9 DME comes back. So for me I cannot hold the DME display.

DME hold switch doesn't work in my install. I tune Batumi TAC/DME 135.9, DME shows up just fine on the HSI. I then select DME hold.

Then as soon as I rotate the NAV freq tumblers the DME display blanks out. if I retune 135.9 DME comes back. So for me I cannot hold the DME display.

I can't reproduce that bug. It works perfectly at my end.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

same problem here

....and also, is there a way to have 1 VOR and 1 TACAN bearings to make a fix ? (i.e. having 2 radials information).

No, but on the RMI you can have simultaneous bearings to one VOR (yellow needle), and one NDB (white needle)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB