[CAN NOT REPRODUCE]trim not works sometimes

DLEGION

hello, its the second time that this is happening, so i'm quite sure its a recurring bug.

on F18 i use trim on keyboard (the arrow Keys).

in the mission i tried to trim, and was thinking it was not working. re-checked Keys, ecc, but then i noticed that holding 10 seconds a trim key, on the FCS page it give 1 point of trim..

so i keep holding the key..and after 10 seconds another point of trim !

its kinda….ultra slow..delayed… i dont know.

sometimes it works properly, sometimes like that.

any infor on that bug ?

has been reported ?

need a track ? (i have a long track of a mission, because it seems not so easy to reproduce).

hello, its the second time that this is happening, so i'm quite sure its a recurring bug.

on F18 i use trim on keyboard (the arrow Keys).

in the mission i tried to trim, and was thinking it was not working. re-checked Keys, ecc, but then i noticed that holding 10 seconds a trim key, on the FCS page it give 1 point of trim..

so i keep holding the key..and after 10 seconds another point of trim !

its kinda….ultra slow..delayed… i dont know.

sometimes it works properly, sometimes like that.

any infor on that bug ?

has been reported ?

need a track ? (i have a long track of a mission, because it seems not so easy to reproduce).

Yea, it's noticeable in 2.5.6 What I do after dropping gear and flaps is wait till the airspeed drops, adding power to catch the glide path or level and start trimming around that time or slightly before. For some reason it gets me on AOA quicker.

• ED Team

Hi

I have tried to reproduce but can not,

if you do have a track we will take a look, but this may be difficult to show in the track.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

heh… ok here's the track.

after starting the plane, i usually was trimming, and all worked fine, now i keep the key on keyboard pressed and after 10 seconds it gives 1 trim point on FCS page.

i had to upload the track because its 12mb , i used the same mission where i noticed the problem.

https://mega.nz/#!DsQXSayT!Y36aZoQPhaiEZii_HbpgAAIQt3lXehnvJilmpQ_x7mA

let me know...

• ED Team
heh… ok here's the track.

after starting the plane, i usually was trimming, and all worked fine, now i keep the key on keyboard pressed and after 10 seconds it gives 1 trim point on FCS page.

i had to upload the track because its 12mb , i used the same mission where i noticed the problem.

https://mega.nz/#!DsQXSayT!Y36aZoQPhaiEZii_HbpgAAIQt3lXehnvJilmpQ_x7mA

let me know...

Thanks I tried the track and took control to try and reproduce but was unable.

It could be one of those issues that does not show in a track or for certain setups.

Im using a thrustmaster warthog.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Maybe the following is of help:

I start a mission ready on the runway. Flaps are set to half and trimming works normally.

After setting the flaps to AUTO (on the ground) the slow trim behavior like OP says starts. It ends as soon as I set flaps back to half (or full) and everything is fine.

Seems to be allways like that. On runways and on carrier cat.

EDIT: Or even airborne. (which makes sense to me)

Edited by Tom Kazansky

@DLEGION, Do you have any FFB devices plugged to your PC, even if they're not mapped and used in DCS? There were cases in the past, when it caused trim-issues similar to what you describe.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Maybe the following is of help:

I start a mission ready on the runway. Flaps are set to half and trimming works normally.

After setting the flaps to AUTO (on the ground) the slow trim behavior like OP says starts. It ends as soon as I set flaps back to half (or full) and everything is fine.

Seems to be allways like that. On runways and on carrier cat.

EDIT: Or even airborne. (which makes sense to me)

just tested, you absolutely right!

it do exactly the same behaviour as you!

i tried also a different mission, and do exactly the same !

thanks for spotting the cause/solution Tom !

Is this in the F18 ? If yes, that's normal : the trim is slow (that's the normal trim speed, in flight, as in any plane) and it is sped up with weight on wheels and the flaps set to half.

The goal is to quickly setup a takeoff trim on the catapult.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !