Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Flappie:

Yes, I've experienced it too. It's like an invisible black square that becomes visible when you look at it. We identified two main sources for this issue some ships (Tarawa lights for some, Neustrashimy...) and sunset/sunrise.

Yes this sounds like mine, it was on sunrise.

@silverdevilI can't open your link, it's done YouTube studio link

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

vor 21 Minuten schrieb silverdevil:

oops sorry

Yes, this is exactly what I've had.

Ok then, it can be marked as known issue

5 minutes ago, Limaro said:

Yes, this is exactly what I've had.

Ok then, it can be marked as known issue

as you can see from the vid, there has to be literally perfect conditions to make it occur. when i turned towards the sun the effect stopped. i presume it is a bunch of factors. avoid the dreamy sunsets. 🙂

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

By the way, this bug is really hard to tackle for devs because tracks don't always reproduce the issue.

So if you can record this issue in a track and reproduce it on purpose when youreplay the track, please attach it here.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

17 hours ago, Flappie said:

By the way, this bug is really hard to tackle for devs because tracks don't always reproduce the issue.

So if you can record this issue in a track and reproduce it on purpose when youreplay the track, please attach it here.

unfortunately i do not have a track from this time. but i will try to reverse engineer it.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

good news is it did not happen. bad news is i was unable to reproduce the issue.

Syria (west of Beirut)

Altitude 24760

Time of day was just before sunrise. which was 0527 local time. June 21, 2016. did a couple of resets 5 minutes earlier each time.

variables untested.

the video made was using  "DCS 2.7.0.5118 Open Beta - 22.04.2021". i tested with current OB "DCS 2.8.1.34667.2 Open Beta - 23.12.2022"

i tested with new cloud system (light clouds) which were introduced after the patch when the video was created

the sunrise was magnificent. i leisurely made my way to Beirut International. made a perfect landing. taxied to parking lot. i forgot i had Red forces and they killed me with 12.7 mm. lol.

Am 7.1.2023 um 21:28 schrieb Flappie:

I have a Track. It happens always after exactly 40 sec when communication with ATC starts. Track attached.

@silverdevilcan you verify that it happens with your PC, too?

BLACK_SQUARE_2.trk

EDIT: Corrected Time to 40sec

Edited by Limaro

2 hours ago, Limaro said:

I have a Track. It happens always after exactly 40 sec when communication with ATC starts. Track attached.

@silverdevilcan you verify that it happens with your PC, too?

BLACK_SQUARE_2.trk 598.06 kB · 1 download

EDIT: Corrected Time to 40sec

i did get the boxes though the boxes were appearing a tad before ATC. when i took control the boxes stopped. can you share the miz?

Edited by silverdevil

Many thanks, @Limaro. 👍

@GORNYAK Here's a fine track: in OB, it shows the biggest, longest black screen I've ever seen to date, and it's reproducible at will (as you know, most tracks would cause the bug every 10 or 20 replays, which is not ideal for devs). I tested the upcoming fix, and I could not reproduce the black screen issue. I feel optimistic.

• Like 2

• ED Team
9 часов назад, Flappie сказал:

Many thanks, @Limaro. 👍

@GORNYAK Here's a fine track: in OB, it shows the biggest, longest black screen I've ever seen to date, and it's reproducible at will (as you know, most tracks would cause the bug every 10 or 20 replays, which is not ideal for devs). I tested the upcoming fix, and I could not reproduce the black screen issue. I feel optimistic.

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Flappie said:

No idea. Please try what I did:

1. Run your track.
  2. Press Escape.
  3. Click "Take control".
  4. See if you can reproduce the issue (and if you can, please save new track and attach it).

Took control of the track but that did not alleviate the flashing on my system. It continued to flash black at a low viewing angle toward the sunrise.

Flashing Black Screen2.trk

• Thanks 1

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

On 2/13/2023 at 1:46 AM, Roosterfeet said:

Took control of the track but that did not alleviate the flashing on my system. It continued to flash black at a low viewing angle toward the sunrise.

Flashing Black Screen2.trk 54.07 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you. On my end, the screen gets completely black, and it seems to happen because the camera briefly goes underwater, which, I guess, shoudln't be possible. See screenshot:

Screen_230214_221609.png

I'll make a new report about this based on your track.

Edited by Flappie

• 4 weeks later...

Happy to report that the black flashes at sunrise and sunset are gone in 2.8.3.

I still get occasional random black flashes with mirrors enabled, usually around the boat, but it's rare enough that I can't reproduce it in a short track.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT