DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

For example, quick tap S3 button for toggle FOV, it will still enter shift mode and "DMS UP“ changes to "ICP DEP UP".

I need quick tap S3 again if I want use DMS UP.

Please correct me if I am misunderstanding.

Thanks Home Fires.

Shift mode is sustained, not toggled. You need to hold down S3 to use a shifted command. Releasing S3 reverts to default mappings.

Shift mode is sustained, not toggled. You need to hold down S3 to use a shifted command. Releasing S3 reverts to default mappings.

Got it. But I find it will still enter shift mode when I only quick tap S3. The issue exists after I make a clean full update. Any idea for this?:thumbup:

This script uses TARGET, so you need to install it.

Hey Fries...

It seems TARGET needs to be installed in it's default directory. You're normally not presented with an option to install it in another place but i moved it with AppMover. Now CTS says it can't find Target in it's default directory.

Is there a possibility or an option so we could point CTS to our own installation path of Target?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

The MFD insert is the same for all FC3 aircraft. The only change you'll see between FC3 aircraft is if you have the HOTAS overlay displayed with MFDisplay. No problem there!

Your assumption is right! I was indeed meaning the HOTAS overlays. But I cut them now and put them into the Kneeboards instead.

Since I was writing my post, I played a lot and with different modules and I am even more impressed now how much consistency you managed to preserve between the modules. I feared I need to re-learn everything when switching a module, but it seems whatever can be shared between modules (like Autopilot) is kept on the same spot. Truly impressive work! :thumbup:

One of my Mfds stopped working mid flight and won't show up.

It looks dead. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling thrustmaster ffb driver, changing USB ports but no joy. All been working fine since September last year.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers Andrew

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hey Fries...

It seems TARGET needs to be installed in it's default directory. You're normally not presented with an option to install it in another place but i moved it with AppMover. Now CTS says it can't find Target in it's default directory.

Is there a possibility or an option so we could point CTS to our own installation path of Target?

The CTS executable is hard-coded to use the default TARGET folder. If you used AppMover, I recommend placing a Symlink to the new TARGET folder at the location of the default folder.

Thanks for the Symlink tip. Didn't think of that.

Placed a Symlink which works fine (runs TARGETGUI.exe) if i double click on it but it doesn't work from out of CTS when pushing the play button. I don't get the error anymore that TARGETGUI.exe isn't found but for the rest nothing happens. No script is run (but the DCS_World.tmc and DCS_UserSettings.ttm are written when i use the Build Script button). No error either.

I can run the DCS_World.tmc fine from out GUI or Script but not from within CTS nor with the Run_Script.bat

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks for the Symlink tip. Didn't think of that.

Placed a Symlink which works fine (runs TARGETGUI.exe) if i double click on it but it doesn't work from out of CTS when pushing the play button. I don't get the error anymore that TARGETGUI.exe isn't found but for the rest nothing happens. No script is run (but the DCS_World.tmc and DCS_UserSettings.ttm are written when i use the Build Script button). No error either.

I can run the DCS_World.tmc fine from out GUI or Script but not from within CTS nor with the Run_Script.bat

D'oh! :doh:

I forgot about the batch file, despite mentioning it a few posts up. Manually updating the path in your batch file should fix your issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Home Fries, thanks for sharing these profiles with us, totally amazing what you have done. I will certainly be making a donation to your chosen veterans charity once Covid 19 passes over and we can get back to work.

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

Hi Home Fries, thanks for sharing these profiles with us, totally amazing what you have done. I will certainly be making a donation to your chosen veterans charity once Covid 19 passes over and we can get back to work.

Much appreciated! Thanks for the bug report as well.

You did build a profile, right? You need to create your own DCS_World.tmc using the CTS GUI.

Yes I did.

Added the modules I have. Changed the hardware config values. Changed my starting profile. Build the script withour errors. The error shows after hitting the play button from within CTS. It leads me to the TARGET gui, where it shows me the error.

I have no TrackIR, no MFD's, no rudder.

tnx for answering.

-Inzane-

Been playing around with CTS a bit but always get an error when creating the script.

Compile Error:Syntax error: ; in DCS_World.tmc at line 140

The error comes because there's no value present in line 140:

140:int VRTrimDefault=;

Manually add a 0 or 1 everything is fine.

Little bug or do i miss something?

Hi Home Fries,

hope you are doing good! I was going through the A-10C tutorials and noticed a problem during the Countermeasure tutorial. At one point after activating a countermeasure program I had to HOTAS CMS AFT (Cancel CMSP Program) which worked but then -> I needed to HOTAS CMS DOWN (Activate Jammer). CMS AFT... CMS DOWN... where is CMS DOWN? I was not able to activate the jammer. I can't figure out something like "Button 30 + 31 + third btn" :)

Is it a small bug? Or am I missing something here?

CTS is the greatest tool for DCS. Everytime I fire up DCS I'm glad CTS does exist. Thank you!

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Been playing around with CTS a bit but always get an error when creating the script.

Compile Error:Syntax error: ; in DCS_World.tmc at line 140

The error comes because there's no value present in line 140:

140:int VRTrimDefault=;

Manually add a 0 or 1 everything is fine.

Little bug or do i miss something?

Go to the Values tab in CTS and select Head Tracking Options from the Global category. Make sure there is a value for "Default POV Hat function in VR." My guess is that it was accidentally deleted, in which case you can press the Def button to set the default value, or you can manually enter 0 or 1 depending on your preference.

Hey Home Fries,

see the attached file. I renamed it into doc, for else the forum would see it as an invalid file type.

:smartass:

Thanks for helping. I think there is another one with the same problem.

Kind reegards,

Inzane.

Your DCS_World.tmc file is a blank template, except for the values designated as constants. The only thing I can think of is a corrupt database. In your CTS folder, then backup and delete the CTS.dat file (not CTSn.dat). Then run CTS again and rebuild the user database.

Hi Home Fries,

hope you are doing good! I was going through the A-10C tutorials and noticed a problem during the Countermeasure tutorial. At one point after activating a countermeasure program I had to HOTAS CMS AFT (Cancel CMSP Program) which worked but then -> I needed to HOTAS CMS DOWN (Activate Jammer). CMS AFT... CMS DOWN... where is CMS DOWN? I was not able to activate the jammer. I can't figure out something like "Button 30 + 31 + third btn" :)

Is it a small bug? Or am I missing something here?

CTS is the greatest tool for DCS. Everytime I fire up DCS I'm glad CTS does exist. Thank you!

There is a CMS Z button in the Options menu, and the CMS Push button is properly mapped. I tested it SAT with the diff.lua updated for version 2.44. I would make sure your diff.luas are set properly.

Hi,

I've just started using CTS with the F-18 and all seems to be working as advertised except for the trim switch. It seems to require two operations in the same direction to operate as trim then afterward it's like S3 is stuck on with all my other switch operations until I push S3 once more.

Edit: After reading up on the F-18 it seems that the trim is much slower to operate than other aircraft so this might not be an issue with the profile... I still have issues sometimes with the controls going into a shifted mode and require the operation of the S3 switch to come out of that mode.

The layout seems the same on the AV8B but I never have this issue with the trim switch operation.

Any thoughts?

Also, I use Track IR so I have no desire to use the H1 Trim switch for FOV is there a way to have it set up for Trim only rather than Trim or FOV.

Thanks

Edited by Jason-118

My warthog just arrived and waiting for rudders. I am trying this software and it really looks great with all this ready made profiles and automation.

However, I am wondering if it's possible to modify some profiles to assign some keys which I am used to already.

I have been reading this very long thread and didn't see qn answer, apologies if I missed it.

Edited by tomeye