Locating point based on BEaring and Distance from WP

obrien979

As the title suggests is there a way to enter the bearing and distance to a ground target from a Waypoint, such is the case in the Training Day Mission when the JTAC gives you targets. I try and stay high enough to be out of reach of the SAMs and ZSUs, so I dont see the willie pete marker from the JTAC.

TIA

Brandon "OB" O'Brien

I think you are talking about offset, which is a feature that will let you enter a bearing and distance and then create an OAP(Offset aiming point) at that location.

However ED haven't implemented any of that advanced nav stuff yet so we have to sit tight and hope.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I think you are talking about offset, which is a feature that will let you enter a bearing and distance and then create an OAP(Offset aiming point) at that location.

However ED haven't implemented any of that advanced nav stuff yet so we have to sit tight and hope.

Yeah I was afraid of that. Thanks for the post though

On a side note how is the 476th? I have been looking into maybe joining a group like that to get some interaction with other pilots, but I am not sure how they take newbies that are only casual players and are not experts on a particular air frame.

Thanks

Brandon "OB" O'Brien