DCS WWI

Hunter Joker

Yeah, I recently started flying the "other" WW1 sim in VR and its a hoot. Plus for VR its great because you get up close an personal and it really shines there.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well TBH, I'd like to see the sources they would base their modelling on, since original flying examples of these magnificent machines are all but nonexistent these days. But yeah, I'd buy them all on day one if they were realistic and well modelled 8)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I would rather see the WWII content expand and get fleshed out for the best WW2 combat experience with hisorically accurate campaigns more assets aircrafts and such. If Its finished I don't mind if they do the same for WW1. :D

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

I'd immediately buy it. Stick and canvas aircraft at a DCS level would be awesome, especially a Sopwtih Camel.

However, I do like WWII as well, and it already has scant effort put into it. I dont want to stretch ED even more.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Well TBH, I'd like to see the sources they would base their modelling on, since original flying examples of these magnificent machines are all but nonexistent these days. But yeah, I'd buy them all on day one if they were realistic and well modelled 8)

Actually not correct. There is some guy(s) in NZ maybe(IIRC) that basically have taken what original documentation that they can find, and have re-built a bunch of them from scratch using original material blueprints, etc. They make their own engines, use the right wood/dope etc. They even built multiple versions of the same planes with different aerodynamic refinements. And then they fly them. Saw it on some documentary a few years ago and was impressed with their dedication.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

And there is Old Rheinbeck aerodrome , N.Y.

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I would love a study level WWI plane. (SE5a!) That being said, WWI planes are so simplistic even compared to WWII warbirds, that I find that "other sim" is "good enough" for it. I'd rather see those resources put towards expanding DCS WWII which has huge potential, and is already way ahead of any competitors in many aspects.

I would love a study level WWI plane. (SE5a!) That being said, WWI planes are so simplistic even compared to WWII warbirds, that I find that "other sim" is "good enough" for it. I'd rather see those resources put towards expanding DCS WWII which has huge potential, and is already way ahead of any competitors in many aspects.

I understand Your point of view but...even if I enjoy the other sim, it seems me...a bit "gamey"....

Having a DCS level WWI will be great, the same if they develop WWII, this is sure.

But, if You consider the simplicity of a WWI the time to develop a single aircraft could be very short compared to others, the bug list could be short as well (no system to model no bug that could pop up) and with a small team involved it could be bringed on at a good pace.

Then, if as it seems there will be a good interest, the volume of sell could become a good revenue for ED.

We could have a complete WWI scenario in a short time (compared to others timeframe) with historic planeset and a couple of map (size smaller and so easier to develop) and a good cashflow for ED others development.

Day 1 for sure, but not with the actual development time of DCS WW2 that's embarrassing.

We could not wait six years to have an SE5a and an Albatros or a Fokker.

Also DM department would deserve a very strong dedicated work.

However yes, an SE5a and a WW1 scenary in DCS would be a dream for me too (1917 - 1918 - SE5a, Camel, Bristol Fighter, Albatros D.V, Fokker D.VIIau, Fokker Dr.1 ecc.)

Edited by Conroy

Day 1 for sure, but not with the actual development time of DCS WW2 that's embarrassing.

However yes, an SE5a and a WW1 scenary in DCS would be a dream for me too (1917 - 1918 - SE5a, Camel, Bristol Fighter, Albatros D.V, Fokker D.VIIau, Fokker Dr.1 ecc.)

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

I have flown “other WWI Sim”.

While was some fun, I found I just cannot fly that slow.

Probably would skip it.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I have flown “other WWI Sim”.

While was some fun, I found I just cannot fly that slow.

Probably would skip it.

Sure is a slow paced kind of fight but at least for me is really thrilling... The aircraft turn like hell, You must continually guessing what's happening and react and even a single bullet can kill/killing You instantly...

I think it's the other way around.

DCS's strength is the simulation. In a complex plane, especially one with computers doing a lot for you, you tend to not notice it. But in a small, light, simple plane, everything you do has consequences. Lean your body to the left, centre of gravity goes to the left, aircraft banks. Fuel too lean, engine problems. Fuel too rich, engine problems. Etc. In a WW1 plane, there were no electronic aids or anything like that. And solving a gun jam may involve something else than just hitting some key repeatedly.

I think that most other sims, including that other one, still use parameters. But in DCS you can actually model the gravitational forces of a rotary engine.

But I do think that maybe WW1 is too big of a scope. There are tons of aircraft which played a role in that war.

My vote would be to just model one or two iconic aircraft, and not try to emulate the entire war. We already have the Normandy map which is not quite period specific, but is at least passable.

Edited by Zius

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

I think it's the other way around.

DCS's strength is the simulation. In a complex plane, especially one with computers doing a lot for you, you tend to not notice it. But in a small, light, simple plane, everything you do has consequences. Lean your body to the left, centre of gravity goes to the left, aircraft banks. Fuel too lean, engine problems. Fuel too rich, engine problems. Etc. In a WW1 plane, there were no electronic aids or anything like that. And solving a gun jam may involve something else than just hitting some key repeatedly.

I think that most other sims, including that other one, still use parameters. But in DCS you can actually model the gravitational forces of a rotary engine.

But I do think that maybe WW1 is too big of a scope. There are tons of aircraft which played a role in that war.

My vote would be to just model one or two iconic aircraft, and not try to emulate the entire war. We already have the Normandy map which is not quite period specific, but is at least passable.

Yeah, I recently started flying the "other" WW1 sim in VR and its a hoot. Plus for VR its great because you get up close an personal and it really shines there.

I flew Rise of Flight for a while with my older system before upgrading and the Hornet/Viper releases...I should look back into it, but I think DCS could really evolve with some WWII aircraft. Heck, we could even get a new Normandy Map textured for the period. I still don't agree with the need for a channel map but I can hope the price is decent since I have had the Normandy/WWII Assets since it was prebuy. Yet I digress!:joystick:

For Eagle Dynamics to grow, they need to be in a position with capital or market share dominance to possibly acquire or merger with another WWI sim development company and solve two problems with one move. Acquire or merge with someone already established but struggling, and they make the ED team stronger and the fan base wider. Think of it from the business side of things.

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For Eagle Dynamics to grow, they need to be in a position with capital or market share dominance to possibly acquire or merger with another WWI sim development company and solve two problems with one move. Acquire or merge with someone already established but struggling, and they make the ED team stronger and the fan base wider. Think of it from the business side of things.

I don't know. I fear the hardcore simulation fanbase of WW1 aircraft is pretty small.

Red Baron was pretty popular, but that was simply a great game (!). With that, I mean that the gameplay was good. You could challenge other aces, customise your plane, transfer squadrons to fly with certain aces etc. DCS has none of that.

I think the bottom line is: "would you pay $50 for xyz WW1 plane?". To me it slightly depends on the aircraft (I would prefer Fokker E.III or Fokker D.VIIF), but generally the answer is yes. Even if there were no other WW1 modules or maps available.

But I fear I might be in a minority.

Maybe if someone could develop both a D.VII and a SPAD XIII, or a E.III and a Airco DH.2, then maybe more players could be interested. But most would buy just one of those, so developing more aircraft could decrease the return on the investment. And it would still be very far from Red Baron.

Personally, I would buy all of those four planes I mentioned, but likely not at the same time, and maybe I'd wait for a sale to pick up the SPAD.

I would, incidentally, also pay $50 or more for a Bleriot XI or Ettrich Taube. The advantage of those aircraft being that they are not dogfighters so other aircraft would not be necessary. They can be used for light bombing and scouting missions, or aerobatics.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

I don't know. I fear the hardcore simulation fanbase of WW1 aircraft is pretty small.

Red Baron was pretty popular, but that was simply a great game (!). With that, I mean that the gameplay was good. You could challenge other aces, customise your plane, transfer squadrons to fly with certain aces etc. DCS has none of that.

I think the bottom line is: "would you pay $50 for xyz WW1 plane?". To me it slightly depends on the aircraft (I would prefer Fokker E.III or Fokker D.VIIF), but generally the answer is yes. Even if there were no other WW1 modules or maps available.

But I fear I might be in a minority.

Maybe if someone could develop both a D.VII and a SPAD XIII, or a E.III and a Airco DH.2, then maybe more players could be interested. But most would buy just one of those, so developing more aircraft could decrease the return on the investment. And it would still be very far from Red Baron.

Personally, I would buy all of those four planes I mentioned, but likely not at the same time, and maybe I'd wait for a sale to pick up the SPAD.

I would, incidentally, also pay $50 or more for a Bleriot XI or Ettrich Taube. The advantage of those aircraft being that they are not dogfighters so other aircraft would not be necessary. They can be used for light bombing and scouting missions, or aerobatics.

Sure ED will start with the most iconica aircraft and a think also that the price could be lower than a WWII, lower than 50$, in the range of 30/40, related to lower development time...