Mods Required

joojoo

Hey to all

I have downloaded a mission with Carrier Ops that requires several mods. In Spite of I have downloaded the most of them, I cannot find two mods.

1. HMS Furious and USS Reagan

2. USS CVN Washington Both of these Mods are given by Crazyeddie.

I give the mission link as well as the links that the mission creator gives for these mods.

If anyone has any idea it would be great.

Thanx

Mission link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302922/

Mods links: 1. HMS Furious and USS Reagan https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193423

2. USS CVN Washington by Crazyeddie

I have downloaded a mission with Carrier Ops that requires several mods. In Spite of I have downloaded the most of them, I cannot find two mods.

1. HMS Furious and USS Reagan

2. USS CVN Washington Both of these Mods are given by Crazyeddie.

If anyone has any idea it would be great.

Hi,

Both of those Mods were made obsolete by version 2.5.5 of DCS, as this version can not load the 3D files of those Mods.

What you can do, is manually edit the mission file .. uncompress it using a tool like Winrar or WinZip, then use an editor like Notepad++ to edit the file "mission" that is contained within the .MIZ file.

On the beginning of the file is a list with the required Modules, something like this:

mUziw9f.jpg

Delete from the list the Mods that you dont have, now compress everything back into the original .MIZ file.

Now the DCS Mission Editor will let you load the mission .. of course, the aircraft carriers that were provided by the Mods will not appear or will be replaced by a different unit ... manually edit the Mission and replace them with a standard carrier.

Best regards

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I suppose that this applies for the mods of Spruance and Burke Class ships as well?

Havent tried those, but it is likely .. that DCS version broke a lot of Mods :(

Some Mod authors have updated their Mods to work with the current DCS, but they seem to be cautious about releasing them trough ED's Forum or User Files .. why dont you try sending a PM to the author to see if he has an updated version? He can be reached here: https://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=26012

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mods

Dear Rudel

Thank you for your important assistance. I further would like to ask if u mean to open thw miz. file of the mission with the notepad++.

If so, I tried and the outcome is really unreadable as you can see in the photo that I attach.

Notepad.thumb.JPG.ef7a0538f0de529cb191711f0316009e.JPG

Dear Rudel

Thank you for your important assistance. I further would like to ask if u mean to open thw miz. file of the mission with the notepad++.

If so, I tried and the outcome is really unreadable as you can see in the photo that I attach.

Did you uncompress the .MIZ first?

nope, I use winrar, I unzip it normally?

Winrar works the same as WinZip, what you need to do is uncompress the whole MIZ file .. once uncompressed, use Notepad ++ to edit the mission file ... after its edited, compress everything to leave it as it was.

You can also uncompress just the "mission" file, and after its edited place it back into the MIZ file .. tough it is simpler to just uncompress the whole MIZ

It seems to me that you are trying to edit the file directly while it is still inside the MIZ file .. thats hard to acomplish, I prefer to uncompress it first and then edit using Notepad++

The only option that I have via winrar is to compress.

Sorry, I dont really know what software are you using to compress/uncompress .. WinRar has a different Icon, it is like this:

Ljb6oFT.jpg

Here I can open the file with WinRar and once opened I use one of WinRar menu bar items to uncompress the file. Of course, this has nothing to do with DCS, but rather it is the management of compressed files.