F-14 Manual anytime soon (baby)?

mortalkombat

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could actually use one or two more sets of eyes to help with the copy editing pass. Anyone interested and a quick reader? :)

I'm a technical writer by trade, so if needed, I'd volunteer.

But something tells me ya got all the volunteers you can possibly need.

But something tells me ya got all the volunteers you can possibly need.

Aye, it needs only 1 or 2. I'd say that door was quick and closed.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I mean they had full six hours for proofreading now.

The A10C has ~700 pages. So 1000 pages is not far fetched.

We can assume that a third of the available space will be images, diagramms etc. so 666 pages remain.

Divided by 360 minutes thats just 1.85 pages per minute.

They dont need to learn it just proof reading. They should be done any minute :D

We could actually use one or two more sets of eyes to help with the copy editing pass. Anyone interested and a quick reader? smile.gif

Not a quick reader... pass derpyconfused.png

Thanks for asking though ajmug.png

Available for tasking!

"...whatdoyouhaveforus?" rdlaugh.png

Couldn't resist fsgrin.png

I'm totally not spamming F5 hoping to receive a PM from Cobra. Totally not me. Yep.

Wrong key there. Press MiG28 twilightsmile.png

Well actually he wasn't, I was one of the chosen people to look at it.

I was instructed to not disclose further details, except that I will also receive a copy of the Tomcat so I can review latter.

CPU: Intel i7 4790 K

GPU: GeForce GTX 770 ( 2 GB )

RAM: 16 GB DDR 3 ( 1.600 MHz )

HDD: WD 500 GB ( 7.200 rpm )

MoBo: ASRock H81 Pro BTC

Absolutely legit. I still doubt this rig is capable of running DCS properly, I hope they send you a graphics card as well dealwithit.png

Congratulations to the lucky ones ajmug.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

b83e29b38ec61520b21bc272526fe7c038219829f1f1680f722b32249554d64e.jpg

I wanted to complement this perfect reply. This movie quote directly entered my head. Well done to you.

My RIO and I can't wait to get our greedy eyes on the manual and the plane and every bit of F-14 goodness you through at us:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wrong key there. Press MiG28 twilightsmile.png

Absolutely legit. I still doubt this rig is capable of running DCS properly, I hope they send you a graphics card as well dealwithit.png

Congratulations to the lucky ones ajmug.png

Great sense of humor! Very good! :thumbup:

Not to sound ungrateful, but I've asked them a new SSD also...

(I've got a feeling they will be generous.)

Eitherway, the Tomcat and the manual are on my bag already.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I wanted to complement this perfect reply. This movie quote directly entered my head. Well done to you.

My RIO and I can't wait to get our greedy eyes on the manual and the plane and every bit of F-14 goodness you through at us:joystick:

haha, thanks!

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Two Memes in a row with some disrespectful content, way to go.

These memes, on purpose, are a nonsense in a total nonsense. This thread, like many others regarding the release of this module, has become totally useless and uninformative.

Our fault certainly but HB communication’s too probably.

Instead of asking, for fun or not, for some help to check the manual editing and logically creating a wave of naive, embarrassing (and touching in a same time) replies, they could have played it differently.

As a customer who prepurchased, I would have loved to see more contents. They do not have time to produce that kind of things and prefer to focus on finishing the module ? Fine, more than understandable. But why didn’t they ask their testers to produce these videos ?

I compare with Razbam and their MiG-19. They just postponed the release date but posted on a regular basis training videos. Ok, these training missions were ready when they posted it (I do not have the naivety to believe it is not time consuming) but I am sure a majority of the testers would have been happy to create their own.

Of course, this thinking dies if the module is not ready at all. Something an average customer could normally understand regarding the complexity of the airplane.

If there is one thing a developper should never neglect is the childishness of their customers (mine included). His strategy of communication should always take this point into consideration.

Edited by Elefant1301

Two Memes in a row with some disrespectful content, way to go.

And I would like to sincerely apology for the disrespectful content I posted. I admit it was not funny at all (the goal of these memes was not clear and could be taken at face value).

Edited by Elefant1301

Don't you think asking anyone trying to avoid neglecting childish behavior is contrary to good order in society? Certainly we all agree that its more pleasant to engage with each other with a certain level of respect and maturity. This is needed to be understood, and it's always easier answering someone when respect is on the table. If someone is childish they forfeit a respectful reply in a way. When a respectful reply is given anyway, then its usually from strong character.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

And I would like to sincerely apology for the disrespectful content I posted. I admit it was not funny at all (the goal of these memes was not clear and could be taken at face value).

Thank you for posting this.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord