support for Steam users - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-25-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
San_A

Default support for Steam users

This campaign looks great and I would love to try it out.

Is there any way to play it with a Steam installed DCS?
San_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
Silver_Dragon
DCS Ground Crew

Campaigns coming to release when release on DCS World "release" version, check the official newsletter to Steam releases
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:53 PM   #3
San_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Campaigns coming to release when release on DCS World "release" version, check the official newsletter to Steam releases
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478
Thanks for the reply, although I am not sure this is helping me! Can I play this campaign if my DCS was installed with Steam?
Old 08-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #4
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Hi San_A, whenever DCS next updates on Steam I would imagine the campaign will become available. Unfortunately I don't have any information on when this might be for now.

For the time being, if you do not own any modules newer than the M-2000C, you can also port your planes into ED's standalone version. Your controls and settings will all be preserved and you can enjoy earlier access to content like The Georgian War!

If you have purchased newer modules in Steam (specifically the Mirage and anything released after it) you will not be able to port these to the standalone, unfortunately, due to differences in the copy protection software used. In this case it would probably be best to simply wait for the Steam version.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
San_A

Thank you very much for that!
Old 12-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #6
Tullaian

Is it normal for it to take 4+ months for something to appear on Steam?
Tullaian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #7
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Hi Tullaian. From what I have seen with other content, this is fairly normal. ED controls the release schedule so I can't give you any concrete information about dates etc.
If you'd like to play The Georgian War immediately, consider transferring your steam key to the standalone installation available at www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
Thanks for your interest!
Old 12-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #8
Tullaian

Thanks for the response I am happy, er ok, er resigned to staying with Steam for everything.

I know in this case I could go via standalone as the F-15 is transferrable so all good.

It was more just a question of timing for this one campaign as other 3rd party campaigns that were finished after this one have already appeared on Steam and I couldn't think of a patch or other issue that was preventing it from appearing.

Perhaps I can look forward to it over the Christmas period when I will no doubt be playing it on 2.5 !
Tullaian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:28 PM   #9
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Hello all! In case you missed the official announcement from ED, I thought I'd mention here as well that The Georgian War is now available on Steam!
In addition, much of the background scenery has been updated for DCS 2.5 to include the beautiful new static effects from ED.
Thanks for playing!

Tags
steam