Dora The forgotten DCS module

mrmat01

I was wondering why there has never been that much attention paid to the Dora at least campaign & mission wise. :unsure: Certainly bugga all official stuff:rolleyes:

Its the plane that's in my hanger that doesn't get much use because there isn't much to use it with. it really is quite a capable aircraft.

The forgotten DCS module :(

• ED Team

Dramatic title!

The dora is not a forgotten module, campaigns and missions can sometimes take a long time to put together.

I am sure we will see more in the future and even 3rd party ones.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I was wondering why there has never been that much attention paid to the Dora at least campaign & mission wise. :unsure: Certainly bugga all official stuff:rolleyes:

Its the plane that's in my hanger that doesn't get much use because there isn't much to use it with. it really is quite a capable aircraft.

The forgotten DCS module :(

You can put it to work now on BlueFlag. Check the new BuddySpike dynamic campaign: http://gadget.buddyspike.net/#

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Dramatic title!

The dora is not a forgotten module, campaigns and missions can sometimes take a long time to put together.

I am sure we will see more in the future and even 3rd party ones.

Thanks

Its been out for a few years mate.

Sorry it seems forgotten compared to a lot of other WWII content.

The only campaign for it is the challenge campaign. It only has 3 official missions & the pickings are pretty slim in the user files. The most recant being 3 years ago.

Hence my statement Dora The forgotten DCS module

Edited by mrmat01

Yer all good missions but all over 3 years old.

I was more referring to the single player stuff.

Is BlueFlag a OB or stable server? I run stable.

It's OB. But you can switch between stable and OB quite easily. C'mon, it's a lot of fun!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

It is even forgotten in the Free Trials these days...:(

I would like to try, fly and buy :pilotfly:

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

Forgotten?

It's one of the better ones.

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Forgotten?

It's one of the better ones.

Yes I totally agree but it has been shown next to no love by ED or the 3rd party guys mission & campaign wise.

Its been out for a few years now & well pickings are pretty slim.:cry:

Man, we dont need missions, we need a cockpit that is accurate and just plainly better. Proportions are a bit off and it really stands out in VR.

I must question, wouldn't it be just so easy to take the A8 cockpit and update the various gauges to fit the D9?

The D9 is quite literally an A8 with a longer nose...

Man, we dont need missions, we need a cockpit that is accurate and just plainly better. Proportions are a bit off and it really stands out in VR.

I must question, wouldn't it be just so easy to take the A8 cockpit and update the various gauges to fit the D9?

No it's not..

Specs:

Settings:

To call the Dora "quite literally an A8 with a longer nose" is either an oversimplification or sheer ignorance.

"Modifications happened on the field, A8s were converted by extending the nose and and tail and adding a new engine" amongst other changes.

That are both Fw 190s, they both have Fw 190 cockpits, is it that hard to understand?

• ED Team

In your opinion, however there are differences.

We are happy with the cockpit the way it is.

Thanks

P.S please do not bicker, and please be tolerant with each other

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

In your opinion, however there are differences.

We are happy with the cockpit the way it is.

Thanks

P.S please do not bicker, and please be tolerant with each other

Deleting my message which provided the proof that they both have the same cockpits? Ok.

I suppose what Cintra means are some main structural elements geometry differences between A-8 and D-9 3D models - dimensions and relative positions of windscreen frame vs instrument panel sun shield vs pilot's seat etc., partially mentioned here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242465

A8 model being most likely more accurate in this regard, being newer and recently researched, rather than taken over from the old Kickstarter project.

That being said, with all three instrument panels differences between Anton and Dora, an update for the latter would still require not only 3D model changes, but a complete retexturing, and I don't see it as a commercially viable option for ED. Especially after Dora already got such a retexturing with the current geometry last year already.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I suppose what Cintra means are some main structural elements geometry differences between A-8 and D-9 3D models - dimensions and relative positions of windscreen frame vs instrument panel sun shield vs pilot's seat etc., partially mentioned here:

A8 model being most likely more accurate in this regard, being newer and recently researched, rather than taken over from the old Kickstarter project.

That being said, with all three instrument panels differences between Anton and Dora, an update for the latter would still require not only 3D model changes, but a complete retexturing, and I don't see it as a commercially viable option for ED. Especially after Dora already got such a retexturing with the current geometry last year already.

If ED cares for the standards that they set by themselves, then they should upgrade all modules, not only Dora.

Specs:

Settings:

Thanks for taking the time to understand and also bring useful information.

Bignewy: "We are happy with the dora"

NineLine: "The dora will need to be redone eventually."

Who is "We"?

Nonetheless, I dont know much about the viability of a cockpit rework but I'd give a guess and say that 80% of the work is already done with the A8 cockpit, I cannot imagine that a few new dials and texture change will bankrupt ED. But you know, that's just my opinion.

Not bankrupt indeed, but its always the question of how much employees time (and thus man-hours money) are they willing to spend on updating older modules which are well past their prime selling time. Especially when it doesn't matter if you want to change one gauge, or complete panel, the whole cockpit has to be recompiled and built into the airframe anyway.

Recent A-10C and Ka-50 cockpit rebuilds were exceptions, both aircraft being the oldest fully clickable modules in DCSW and long flagship products, but I think neither Dora, nor 109 are considered outdated or comercially important enough to justify similar approach anytime soon.

So Dora model is probably considered "good enough" for now, with potential improvements to come somewhere in the future.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I cannot imagine that a few new dials and texture change will bankrupt ED. But you know, that's just my opinion.

Problem is that D-9 cockpit is quite different then one from A8.

For me Dora cockpit looks very good, i am concerned a lot more about external 3d model this one lacks lots of details.

Recently all warbrids got cockpit upgrade, so i doubt that freshly updated thing will be updated again.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor