DCS 2.1 hangs up after some minutes of play - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 07:59 AM   #91
witwas

Reputation power: 0
witwas is on a distinguished road

I hope they fix it soon, allot of people have spent + €100 on the terrains and asset packs.

and i imagine allot of those people play on multiple screens or vr.

I cant wait to play the new campaign on the spit but this is currently impossible.
witwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #92
RedShoes

Reputation power: 3
RedShoes is on a distinguished road

Another victim of game stutter and freeze here.

Mildly said; I'm not amused!

I have been reporting these kind of problems in the Normandy Map bug section;
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189729

Have been having these problems since the release of Normandy.
So far no light in the end of the tunnel. DCS 2.1.1 is still almost unplayable to me.

Hopefully the devs are working hard to fix this.
RedShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #93
clarasdk

Reputation power: 2
clarasdk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShoes View Post
Another victim of game stutter and freeze here.

Mildly said; I'm not amused!

I have been reporting these kind of problems in the Normandy Map bug section;
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189729

Have been having these problems since the release of Normandy.
So far no light in the end of the tunnel. DCS 2.1.1 is still almost unplayable to me.

Hopefully the devs are working hard to fix this.
I know the feeling, I started this thread the 6 of june and only thing I have heard from an admin was to get the log files that I provided. Then nothing more.

I hope they are working on a fix as I would really like to get going with 2.1..
clarasdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:12 AM   #94
rss0900

Reputation power: 13
rss0900 is just really nicerss0900 is just really nicerss0900 is just really nicerss0900 is just really nicerss0900 is just really nicerss0900 is just really nicerss0900 is just really nicerss0900 is just really nicerss0900 is just really nicerss0900 is just really nice

Same here can't play more than a couple minutes without crashing. Had to start playing il2 again.
rss0900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #95
petsild

Reputation power: 3
petsild will become famous soon enoughpetsild will become famous soon enough

I have the same trouble freezing the image, I can hear the sound and DCS crashes to desktop after a long time of doing nothing. While the fall is not at all in the log directory, even after deleting a folder C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha.

The only files in the directory Logs are:

dcs.log.old
dcs.log
debrief.log
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (40.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-12-2017, 11:09 PM   #96
Headwarp

Headwarp is on a distinguished road

Have gone through event viewer, reinstalled windows completely and completely cleaned my hard drives and the first thing I did was ensure the most up to date drivers for my system were installed.

Thought I solved this by clearing up an issue with iaStor.exe that was the result of hard to find drivers for an older mobo.. no longer getting iastor errors.. but the game just froze out of nowhere again despite averaging playable framerates.

This game is still freezing.

Before this freeze I experienced a crash on the loading screen of an instant action that reflected my nvidia driver has failed and restarted - this is an issue i've never experienced before now and don't believe it's related to the system hang that users of this thread are experiencing.

Attaching logs momentarily.. I'm pretty convinced it's not my system at this point.

although if anybody else would like to chime on about errors showing up in their event viewer at the time of game freezing feel free. Oddly enough I'm getting a DCOM error around the time it happened but it's runtimebroker and I'm about to set permissions to let it do its thing. *edit* DCOMM errors about runtimebroker are dealt with. Microsoft sure doesn't make it easy to make it so their components aren't causing errors in my event logs. Still..I doubt runtimebroker errors are related...pretty common thing among win10 users and it's tied to apps from the windows app store as far as I've read.

Logs.zip
DxDiag.txt

Last edited by Headwarp; 08-13-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Headwarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:34 AM   #97
OdessaDK

OdessaDK is on a distinguished road

Because plays with high gamer computer (Cpu + graphics card 1080TI ) an triple screen 5760 x 1080 with Trackir 5... DCS 2.1 on the normandy maps hangs up after a few minutes to 15 min of play.When you look around Lots of money for 4 flights and Normandy I can not use .... And still has no solved problem for us .... I only have this on my game computer Windows 10 64bit DCS + IL2 + Iracing + Star Citizen on this SSD Samsung M.2 512GB 950 PRO SSD

Last edited by OdessaDK; 08-13-2017 at 08:50 AM.
OdessaDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #98
witwas

witwas is on a distinguished road

For me the problem is fixed after the last update from Friday (i use a CV1).

Thanks for the fix, and not forgetting the VR community.

I hope they will fix the triple screen problem soon.
witwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:58 PM   #99
Ghostrider142

Reputation power: 1
Ghostrider142 is on a distinguished road

I'm getting crashes as well for the first time, running the same settings and missions I was before. I feel like this last major update and all the subsequent updates have gotten away from them, every time something is fixed, two new issues arise.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:38 PM   #100
clarasdk

clarasdk is on a distinguished road

Did some testing with the newest dcs release from friday and the newest Nvidia drives that came out yesterday or so. And still after 20 minutes of joyfull spitfire low level flying with 70 fps bam hang up as usual

Dear ED it would be really nice if you could find 1 minute to just acknowledge if you can reproduce this problem, if you are working on something of if you see that as a minor irrelevant thing that only affects a few people. It is getting irritating to not knowing what is going on and having to use time again and again in the hopes that you somehow fixed the problem.

Of all the error threads under crashes on 2.0 this thread has third most vies and second most replies. So I guess this problem affect alot of people.

I love you products, I cannot wait to get flying on Normandy and Nevada with the new 2.1 engine. But I started this thread more than two month ago, so just a brief comment on the status on this big problem for a lot of us would be really appreciated.

As mentioned several time please tell us how to help identify the problem so that we can get is solved. Several of us have uploaded log files, there are videos what else can we help with?

Thank you
clarasdk is offline   Reply With Quote