Shrek Squadron BBQ 2017 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
Trubshaw
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 7
Trubshaw is a jewel in the roughTrubshaw is a jewel in the roughTrubshaw is a jewel in the roughTrubshaw is a jewel in the roughTrubshaw is a jewel in the roughTrubshaw is a jewel in the rough
Smile Shrek Squadron BBQ 2017

Saturday 8th July was the date chosen for the annual SHREK Squadron BBQ at swamp central. Thanks to Mr & Mrs Orge’s,now legendary, hospitality squadron members started to gather earlier in the week.Our first gathering was back in 2012 so this was our 6th gathering! I know I was surprised and looking back through the forums we have had over 10,000 views of our BBQ posts. https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.p...1&d=1501507464

The format is pretty well set with discussion topics including, flight simulation, the state of DCS, space simulation and VR dominating.Plenty of drinking centred around a spectacular BBQ and curry courtesy of Ogre and Balrog.

This year I managed to see the progress of BigNewy's pit, Ogre's pit and the newly built Balrog's pit. (Polished knob and dials included) Most notable developments were Hall effect magnetic sensors to integrate controls, the use of Cougar MFDs and carbon fibre sticky backed plastic type material. They all added immersion and fidelity to the experience we all enjoy so much and gave me some ideas for my own set up.

Celebrations on Saturday were a little subdued compared to previous years because we needed to be up early on Sunday morning to travel to the Flying Legends Air Display at Duxford. The display did not disappoint, highlights included a 9 Spifire take off that sounded fantastic, a B17 and of course 'The Reds'. It was a long day but we saw some spectacular aircraft.

Our numbers were slightly down on previous years due to a variety of personal circumstances but rest assured all members were 'bitched' (err I mean talked) about, in absentia, with fondness and ahope that in future years we will see them again.

Come and fly with us!
SHREK Squadron is an English speaking UK based squadron formed in1998. Flying together for mutual support and training. Our Squadron fly and operate most DCS modules, several nights each week and an official gathering of members is every Tuesday night. More details from WEBPAGE http://www.shreksquadron.org/ TEAMSPEAK IP Shreksquadronts.org:9990

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQ Group 2017.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	166696   Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQ 2017.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	396.6 KB
ID:	166697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ogre BBQ 2017.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	166698  

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

Last edited by BIGNEWY; 08-01-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: ts change
Trubshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:49 PM   #2
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Reputation power: 68
BIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to behold

Another pleasant evening with friends, thanks to the ogre for hosting us, hope we have many more
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA PALIT 1080 GAME ROCK 8GB, INTEL i7 4790K ( Cooled by H100i ), 16GB DDR3 , Asus Z97-AR, x1 256gb x1 240gb x1 120gb X1 60gb ssd's x1 1tb sshd, TM Warthog, Jet provost rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x1 AOC 27" 1920X1080
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
al531246

Reputation power: 3
al531246 will become famous soon enoughal531246 will become famous soon enough

Good to see the correct ale is being consumed!
Windows 10
Asus P8H61-MX MoBo
8GB RAM
2TB Seagate SSHD
Some cool LED fans that light up
[/spoiler]
al531246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
OGREMAN

Reputation power: 12
OGREMAN is a jewel in the roughOGREMAN is a jewel in the roughOGREMAN is a jewel in the roughOGREMAN is a jewel in the roughOGREMAN is a jewel in the roughOGREMAN is a jewel in the roughOGREMAN is a jewel in the rough
Default Ah SWAMPIES Gathering "there can be only 1"

I am both pleased and honoured to be able to host this once a year gathering and thereby revel in the company of those like minded guys and gals I regard as my friends. Long may it continue.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:56 PM   #5
MTFDarkEagle
Veteran

Reputation power: 153
MTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud of

As every year, it was a great pleasure to be present and many thanks to all for the great company! On to next year!
Old 08-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #6
FlightControl

Reputation power: 15
FlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really nice

Cool!
FlightControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #7
dannyq8

dannyq8 is a jewel in the roughdannyq8 is a jewel in the roughdannyq8 is a jewel in the roughdannyq8 is a jewel in the roughdannyq8 is a jewel in the roughdannyq8 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah very cool. It's nice to see that you guys have stuck at it for so long, and kept the friendship going.

Long may it last
Old 08-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #8
Evontroy

Reputation power: 30
Evontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to all

You gentlemen seem like a lot of fun; hope you have a good time!
Evontroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #9
Trubshaw
Campaign Testers

Trubshaw is a jewel in the roughTrubshaw is a jewel in the roughTrubshaw is a jewel in the roughTrubshaw is a jewel in the roughTrubshaw is a jewel in the roughTrubshaw is a jewel in the rough

Cheers guys. Come and join us online
sometime.

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-
Trubshaw is offline   Reply With Quote