The New model Viewer is Awesome

sadjad-vosoul

The answer is yes.... but only done in huey n I’m pissed and wanting to give you a quick answer. With huey u go to to mod folder .,,,oh can’t remember after that.....seek n u’ll find.....night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not familiar at all with the program so perhaps the question is very stuipid. Is it possible to see the cockpit with the program? I want to see as an example the shape of the throttle lever of the Mirage 2000.

I don't own the Mirage, but for the Hornet the cockpit is /DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Cockpit/Shape/Cockpit_FA-18C.edm, I assume for the Mirage it will be a similar file structure.

Open Connectors Dialog,

Highlight a pylon, Choose Add Model, Select Bomb EDM.

Repeat for all stations. Will not work if theres a launcher between pylon and stores.

That works marvelously but when loading custom liveries on the aircraft the droptanks do not update their texture along with the aircraft. Is there a trick for that?

That works marvelously but when loading custom liveries on the aircraft the droptanks do not update their texture along with the aircraft. Is there a trick for that?

unfortunately not, liveries only affect the main model, or the last one merged into the scene, but adding a model via connectors screen isnt merging it's simply attaching a model, and the Aircraft Remains the Primary Model.

If you choose File Add Model, then move store (tank), that will become primary model in the scene and livery will change for that model.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

unfortunately not, liveries only affect the main model, or the last one merged into the scene, but adding a model via connectors screen isnt merging it's simply attaching a model, and the Aircraft Remains the Primary Model.

If you choose File Add Model, then move store (tank), that will become primary model in the scene and livery will change for that model.

I see. Thanks

So i have found the cockpit file. Is it possible to move freely in all directions?

I can zoom in / out with right mouse click + mouse forward /back or with left mouse click rotate the view but can't move forward and left /right (have found that move left / right / up down is possible with camera left / right but again i can't move forward). Is it possible to do that?

Edited by jaguara5

There is a workaround to do this, you need to have the Object Mover tool open, which allows you to select the different models in your scene from a drop down menu. Just select the fuel tank in that dialog and then choose which livery you want to apply from the livery tool. If you want to change the aircraft livery again you need to go back to the object mover dialog and select it again.

There is a workaround to do this, you need to have the Object Mover tool open, which allows you to select the different models in your scene from a drop down menu. Just select the fuel tank in that dialog and then choose which livery you want to apply from the livery tool. If you want to change the aircraft livery again you need to go back to the object mover dialog and select it again.

I mounted one tank in each wing but manged to load the texture only in one of them even though I had both of them in the object mover dropdown list. Not perfect but I call that progress!

Thank you Sir!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, RoughMets are fine. It's the lighting code that has changed

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

• 2 years later...

I dont know if anyone suggested before or not , but i wish we had minimize next to close tab , so we could minimize the tools panel 

it could be handy !
null

image.png

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

3 hours ago, sadjad-vosoul said:

I dont know if anyone suggested before or not , but i wish we had minimize next to close tab , so we could minimize the tools panel 

it could be handy !
null

image.png

isn't that enough? And with "off on" the Liveries folder is read again

L-T.jpg