auto acquiring targets

rwbishUP

Still learning with the AV-8, have a question about the DMT. I've had a lot of trouble with the DMT auto designating/acquiring targets while trying to use it. When I am trying to place the thing on the thing it constantly stops, stutters, freezes because it's assigning targets automatically, and it seems like it's very sensitive. Is there a way to disable the DMT auto designate feature, or a trick to not have to fight it?

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

DMT does not locks into anything... it's a camera that ground stabilizes to something on the ground... when using the DMT, you just need to bring it online to your MFD (using hotas commands) and than slew it unsing HOTAS too... once you find the object of interest, just leave DMT there, you don't need to press nothing to lock it.

Are you trying to use an axis to control the DMT or buttons? The axis is very wonky right now on DMT and TPOD slew. That might explain the stutters.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Do NOT tweak the TDC axis. For whatever reason adding a curve messes the axis up and makes it stutter and jumpy.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The stuttering while using a TDC is related to the plane wobbling around usually. I don't know if it's supposed to or not, but I usually only have that issue while freehanding the flight while not being properly trimmed and wobbling about a bit while trying to move the TDC. Using AFC it doesn't seem to do that since the plane is more stable.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I have found the DMT to snap onto a tank or vehicle, in the tact. Manual it says that it uses a contrast gradient to stay locked onto a thing, is this what you're finding? As people have said above using a ministick or analogue stick to slew is also buggy. I have my tdc slew set to a 4 way switch for this reason. If you have your target square where you want it hit sensor select forward to lock it into INS and it shouldn't move, but if you put a lot of G into the aircraft whilst manouvering off target it will drift in the INS.

As people have said above using a ministick or analogue stick to slew is also buggy. I have my tdc slew set to a 4 way switch for this reason.

Do NOT tweak the TDC axis. For whatever reason adding a curve messes the axis up and makes it stutter and jumpy.

^Shamelessly quoting myself.

I found after re-setting the curve and saturation to default, the axis works quite ok.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Are you trying to use an axis to control the DMT or buttons? The axis is very wonky right now on DMT and TPOD slew. That might explain the stutters.

Thanks kengou, I'm trying to use an analog or axis ministick to control the DMT and the TGP. The TGP moves smoothly but the DMT camera constantly stops on everything while I'm slewing it. I thought my axis switch might be screwed up in my hotas. I will try to switch my hotas setup to have the DMT on a 4 way D Switch and post back.

Thanks everyone for the help, I will try some more setting changes and see what that gives me.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15