supercarrier access

mazelda

Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance but I've just taken advantage of the discount on the supercarrier module which requires open beta 2.5.6 to run. Here's my question where do I get access to this beta version? Is it the one from the open beta server which installs as a separate version of DCS

Thanks

SC is not released yet

At this moment planned for April 15th

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

And yes SC will be most probably released on the Beta Client.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

... where do I get access to this beta version?

DCS has two non-server versions:

DCS 2.5 is meant for the regular user and ED strives to keep it on what is called a "stable" level. That doesn't mean that it has zero bugs, but it should not have any really serious one.

DCS 2.5 Open Beta is for users that want to help debug the latest DCS features and don't mind being sort of "beta testers" in exchange for the chance to try out the latest features (and modules) as soon as possible.

Regarding your SuperCarrier purchase, it will appear first on the OpenBeta version, and it is likely to have some bugs and also features still in development, as it is an early access product. After a while, when ED believes it is in a finished enough state, it will appear on the stable version.

So, you can just keep playing DCS as usual and just wait for SC to appear on your version of the game, DCS will give you an alert when the module is ready to download.

If you want to try SC earlier, you should install the Openbeta version .. if you have enough drive space, you can install it in addition to your current one. If your space will not allow that, then you can convert your stable DCS onto an Openbeta, using Skatezilla Utility.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks guys I've installed the open beta as ive got space and see if it works

OK, remember that you can copy the /saved games/dcs/config/input/ folder, onto the Openbeta one, so that you don't need to configure the Hotas again on the openbeta version.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB