HOTAS Functions

Swift.

There are lots of HOTAS functions that hornet has IRL that we simply don't have in DCS ..

Lots? like what? .. I learned the F-18C reading the Natops manual and didn't miss anything on the HOTAS.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Lots? like what? .. I learned the F-18C reading the Natops manual and didn't miss anything on the HOTAS.

This was the original post, I can't verify any of that but I know pressing Castle right will bring up the radar on the right and pressing Castle aft will cycle between HSI and SA on the MPCD.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

This was the original post ...

Thanks for the link, I wasnt aware of that thread, as I'm no longer visiting Hoggit due to the general negativity of their comments.

Well, the list certainly looks like a lot ... tough I wonder if my memory would be able to memorize so many functions and the conditions for the use of each, paragraphs like this seem a bit daunting:

Independent of master mode, or the cockpit, if PB 12 (HOTAS EW) is unboxed on the EW Top Level and the TDC is assigned to either the HSI or SA format, a subsequent activation of the corresponding sensor control switch toward that format will replace the format with the next format in the sequence (HSI, SA, HSI, SA,...). Also note that if the displayed format is a sublevel of the HSI or SA format, then the first sensor control switch activation will return the format to its top level. Subsequent activations can then be used to cycle formats.

:(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

According to a USMC pilot I've been in contact with the RAID/FOV button on the throttle will switch between RWS and TWS when a L&S target has been made.

The workflow he described was as follows:

1. STT or bug L&S in RWS/LTWS

2. Depress RAID/FOV button on throttle

3. Radar will go into TWS AUTO at max volume depending on last selected bar setting

4. RAID/FOV again will enter SCAN RAID mode

5. Depressing RAID button again will exit SCAN RAID and return to TWS AUTO

Hopefully ED can confer with their SME's and verify all this.

Note: the pilot in question has been flying Lot 15-19 Hornets, so i would assume this is not a question of a newer software package. Especially essential functions like A/A HOTAS.

God we need this functions urgently.

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Because the focus thus far, has been on adding new weapons (probably at the request of the masses) which has left stuff like basic Navigation and PVI ignored.

Which means ED are making it up as they go and have no real development plan/roadmap?

Plans change. All of the time. The more you plan, the harder reality hits you. I'm a work planner/ scheduler and I have to adjust the plan almost every day.

But I'd prefer to get some of the basic stuff for the hornet done by ED before getting more weapons as well. Like the ASPJ.

Plans change. All of the time. The more you plan, the harder reality hits you. I'm a work planner/ scheduler and I have to adjust the plan almost every day.

But I'd prefer to get some of the basic stuff for the hornet done by ED before getting more weapons as well. Like the ASPJ.

+1 on that. Basic and essential stuff first.

About HOTAS functions

I am totally disagree with the missing functions, and I will explain why :

A few years ago, when I was flying Jane's F18 , in a Tiger Meet exibition near my home, at Albacete Airbase, I talked with a f18 pilot from a spanish squadron from Ala 12, "no le busques los tres pies" who was a fan simulator too.... this pilot tell my friends and me, in a conversation, that it was (or it is) easier to fly the real plane that the simulated one, because in real life EACH pilot programmes his HOTAS for his preferences..... then in one single click can for example bring A/A screen and put the radar in TWS .... in the MFD he chooses....so I think DCS F/18 is the BEST simulation of a plane in DCS world.....with permission of harrier , f14 and even f5.

But It is only my opinion based on a friendly talk....

Good Fligh to everyone....and sorry for my english....is not my native language as you can confirm lol. :music_whistling::music_whistling:

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

• 3 weeks later...

Do a Table in a spreadhseet

Thanks for the link, I wasnt aware of that thread, as I'm no longer visiting Hoggit due to the general negativity of their comments.

Well, the list certainly looks like a lot ... tough I wonder if my memory would be able to memorize so many functions and the conditions for the use of each, paragraphs like this seem a bit daunting:

:(

I had trouble with the small section on the Sensor Switch in the DCSW manual for the F/A-18! I did a table in a spreadsheet (ROWS for FWD,AFT, Left, Right & COLS for A/A, A/G, NAV, ALL-MODES) and it was quite a bit clearer. I can have it on a side-screen on a tablet to refer to during the flight (in training though - in combat it would be too slow reading).

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)