iControl DCS - iPad Virtual Cockpit - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #11
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkr View Post
Working on setting this app up.
The sim status will only be green when the sim is actually up, running, in flight, and actively communicating with the server. If the iPad is showing the MFCDs and everything is updating, you should be good to go.

If things aren't actually working go ahead and email me at support@bit-shift.com and we'll get it figured out!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Last edited by boarder2; 10-01-2012 at 07:54 AM.
boarder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:14 AM   #12
Sappo

Good to see apps being developed for this game, but I echo the comments;

1) A bit too much $ , I understand it is a tough job to develop and release these things, and for a very small section of the gaming world. I would still have a hard time commiting that much cash for something with such a limited use

2) Port to other platforms. I have no intention of joining the ihoard
Sappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #13
thinkr

Send a message via MSN to thinkr

Thanks Boarder2 Yeah checked the switches an MFD's they appear to all be working. So i guess its no problem.

Sapo The APP has a FREE version you got a bit too much money for free? WTF? lol

BTW the app looks great I'm certainly considering purchasing the full version.
2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3
DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21
Falcon 4 BMS
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
Take on Helicopters
Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series
Arma 3
EECH & EEAH
Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series
thinkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:57 AM   #14
Kaiza

Hi I tried the free app but my game just kept hanging up/crashing on the loading page so I have uninstalled it. Can you please explain how I get my display configuration back to normal? I am not sure where these "backup" files are?

Thanks
Kaiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #15
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiza View Post
Hi I tried the free app but my game just kept hanging up/crashing on the loading page so I have uninstalled it. Can you please explain how I get my display configuration back to normal? I am not sure where these "backup" files are?

Thanks
Search your a10 install folder for files matching *.a10original (I think, I don't have the code in front of me at the moment) and rename them at file to the original file in the corresponding directory.

Feel free to contact me at the support email address if you need further help!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #16
Kaiza

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder2 View Post
Search your a10 install folder for files matching *.a10original (I think, I don't have the code in front of me at the moment) and rename them at file to the original file in the corresponding directory.

Feel free to contact me at the support email address if you need further help!
Thanks, there was one file for the CDU with that extension, but I cannot find any others. Perhaps if you could post the file names in here or your website then it would help other people as well.

EDIT: found some others using a search for .bak if this helps others. Although my screen is still stretched along both my monitors and the game still locks up on loading.

One cool feature would be a one click option to change the .luas back if that was possible.

Last edited by Kaiza; 01-17-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Kaiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
Turk10mm

I purchased the full version and am very happy with it. I don't think 30 bucks is too much to have tactile control over your MFD's, radios, CDU, etc etc. I think its the most awesome thing ever actually. Not sure what you guys want, but some of you pay $500 for joysticks that give you the same kind of immersion.

Great app.. Love it.

Last edited by Turk10mm; 01-17-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: mispelled tactile
Turk10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #18
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder2 View Post
A-10 VC Free is available for those who don't feel comfortable with the pricing of iControl DCS.
you guys don't give a break do ya? boarder, I promise if I buy the ipad2, your app will be on the to-do list. 30 bucks is nothing.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #19
TigersharkBAS

You know...sometimes reading threads that I would otherwise find innocuous strangely make me angry.

I read through this thread and I am amazed at people's comments about pricing. The price doesn't suit you, fine, you ahve 2 options. Don't buy it or hey, make one yourself.

Until you have tried making something like this yourself you most likely have very little idea about how much work goes into a product like this (I develop in iOS...I do). Why people feel compelled to tell the world about why they think the prices is so high really mystifies me. Opinions are like armpits. People have more than one and they usually stink.

30 buck is not unreasonable, especially given the niche market of this. boarder isn't going to sell a 100,000 copies of this is he? To cover his costs (and I'm sure his time is worth every bit as we think our time is worth) I don't think what he asks is unreasonable. Is a little high? Maybe. Is comparable with what you would pay for any other hobby for an accessory? Yes.

As for the Android stuff. *sigh* People also seem to think that when you program stuff all of sudden you have indepth knowledge of every variant of programming language and the devices to run it on.

If you really want it on your Android, program it yourself or approach someone to do it for you. It's for iOS....get over it. It already takes significant effort to develop it for one device what makes people think that us hobbyist programmers are just dying to spend even more time learning other platforms that don't interest us just to cater for their device choice.

There is this sense of entitlement people on the Internet have just rubs me the wrong way....a lot.
TigersharkBAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #20
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk10mm View Post
I purchased the full version and am very happy with it. I don't think 30 bucks is too much to have tactile control over your MFD's, radios, CDU, etc etc. I think its the most awesome thing ever actually. Not sure what you guys want, but some of you pay $500 for joysticks that give you the same kind of immersion.

Great app.. Love it.
Glad you like it!

Tags
cdu, icontrol dcs, ipad, mfcd, touch