TrackIR 5 Question

I downloaded Spudknocker's profile and it works fantastic! However, when I try to stop on a switch to click it, the slightest move and I'm either clicking the wrong switch or nothing at all. Do I need to ad a dead zone to the profile?

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Yeah , the curves are typically u-shaped . Less acceleration for the first 10 degrees and gradual increases at greater angles . You'll have to play with it to suit you . Adjust one side , then use the "mirror" function to automatically set the other to match .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

You can only do a dead zone looking directly forward at your set default view. I don't like the step tho, not a smooth transition through center.

If you looking down to the side switches you just need to keep a steady head or have a Trackir pause key on the hotas or keyboard handy.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I used to have a deadzone when I got the TiR a few years ago but over time I ended up with no deadzone. It was rather disturbing when the deadzone was left and suddenly the view kinda jumped away.

For years now I have a "DCS" profile that is shaped like a shallow bowl, it speeds up a little the more I turn to grasp a fast "check-six" view.

You need to play around with it, try a few different settings and then settle on one and get used to it.

Perception is different between people, so what suites me might not fit anybody else.

I attached mine, rename it to DCS.xml and import it to :

C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles

DCS.xml.txt

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I used to have a deadzone when I got the TiR a few years ago but over time I ended up with no deadzone. It was rather disturbing when the deadzone was left and suddenly the view kinda jumped away.

For years now I have a "DCS" profile that is shaped like a shallow bowl, it speeds up a little the more I turn to grasp a fast "check-six" view.

I had a steep bowl (Slow center) and show this in my first video.

Changed it now, speed up the middle a bit more by lifting the profile up in the center, then smooth it out with a curve back to flat.

You like it fast and mostly the same speed by the looks of the profile, interesting.

This is also good for long MP sessions (Easy on the neck and eye's to see 180), harder to get used to if new to Trackir.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I have a dead zone of 7-8 degrees in both directions off center. IE; I have to move my head 7 deg either left or right or 7 deg up or down before the screen moves. About a month ago I added speed/angle to the curves beyond my dead zones so I would get more total screen movement. I can now look almost straight back lacking only maybe 5 degrees each side. I can look maybe 120 deg up and a little over 90 deg down. Works fine for me this way and I don't notice any problem as I get to the end of the dead zone and the screen starts moving. I also like that this gives me kind of a snap movement to straight ahead since it jumps from 7 deg to zero.