GB-6 range seems short compared to spec

GR Ripcord

best i've been able to get out of the jeff is around 45-46nm

Not surprising as your test aircraft is flying at 98% Max GTW.

• 2*GB6 + 2*LS-6 + 800L Tank + 100% Fuel = 26,905 lbs / 27,558 lbs

Even with just 2*GB6, you'll be lucky to get the speed and altitude necessary for a 50 NM shot until you've dropped the first GB6 (they have a lot of drag) or burn't off some of your fuel.

Adding the external fuel tank and 2*LS-6, increases the test mission's flexibility but the range of the glide bombs is reduced as you can't get as high or as fast as you could, without the additional weight/drag.

my optimal release conditions were : 36k ft, doing (almost) mach 0.9

IMHO for a long range GB6 shot you should be looking for a max speed/cruise altitude in the 45-55,000 ft range (your test aircraft's max ceiling is likely below this due to it's weight/drag).

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

yeah of course if you dump everything you can get a longer range, you can do that in the test mission if you hit sms -> jett -> select all the stations you want to dump and hit the weapon release button. I was just providing that figure earlier as a reference, given that it was kind of in the same ballpark as the numbers the OP was seeing (assuming he was also going for realistic-ish loadouts)... which thinking about it didn't make too much sense as i didn't provide much context in my previous post :P

the max range i mentioned earlier was with 2 * gb 6 and 2 * pl 5's for self defence. The tank was dropped before releasing the weapons both for the extra speed and well because you wouldn't carry one during an engagement :P

with just one gb 6 i think my longest successful hit was at around 63-64 miles (EDIT : around 113/114km)

if someone wants to do that they'd probs have to equip a gb6 and a tank (not sure that would work either), as assymetric loadouts are not allowed i think

Edited by witness_me

forgot to mention - the single gb6 test was at 49k ft (i think you can't input 50 or more in the autopilot), whatever max speed you could get with one gb6 at that height :P around 1.6mach i think

long story short, the jeff is no tomcat so use the akg if you want to reach far behind enemy lines :P

Edited by witness_me