TGP Issue

Emmy

TGP Slaves to TGT in CCRP mode (provided you have a steerpoint on the target) but even if you put the TGP in POINT TRK mode, the TGP resets if you change to CCIP.

Shouldn't the TGP be "divorced" from being driven by A-G Mode once you move it manually and select a spot for it to stay?

As it is, you can't make multiple CCIP passes on an area relying on the TGP to guide you back which strikes me as counter intuitive.

Track Attached.

TGP Does Not Stay Put.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

TGP Slaves to TGT in CCRP mode (provided you have a steerpoint on the target) but even if you put the TGP in POINT TRK mode, the TGP resets if you change to CCIP.

Shouldn't the TGP be "divorced" from being driven by A-G Mode once you move it manually and select a spot for it to stay?

As it is, you can't make multiple CCIP passes on an area relying on the TGP to guide you back which strikes me as counter intuitive.

Track Attached.

I don't know how the Viper TGP is mechanized IRL, but I agree that ^^ seems counter-intuitive. In other jets, you can have the TGP area or point tracked in CCIP and not be tied to the pipper. You would undesignate or do a HOTAS command to get the TGP to latch to the pipper, but once the Pod had been manually slewed it would stay there until you commanded (HOTAS'd) it back to the CCIP pipper again.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Other issue i have is that whn i have the TGP in SOI, and i change waypoints the waypoints erase themselves and disappear from my HSD.

This is Work in progress.

For the CCIP mode, yes it is not intuitive, i really don't if this is like that IRL. I hope not :noexpression: