DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 54 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #531
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarres View Post
Bugs in the "guard section of the radios" of the lua regarding the Mi-8 and the Huey due to the "reorganization of the radios".

The KA-50 lacks the guard channel.

PM sent with the afected lines.
Ah bugger, thought I got them all... Will fix in the next hour ! Thanks for spotting

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:40 PM   #532
Coug4r

Nice nice nice, are these different versions client/server compatible? Like 1.1.5.0 and 1.1.7.0? I was able to connect with 1.1.6.0 to a 1.1.5.0 server for example.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:29 PM   #533
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug4r View Post
Nice nice nice, are these different versions client/server compatible? Like 1.1.5.0 and 1.1.7.0? I was able to connect with 1.1.6.0 to a 1.1.5.0 server for example.
You'll probably be able to connect but only server and clients with version 1.1.6+ will be able to actually hear each other.

Apologies, I managed to make a mistake in the 1.1.7.0 release with the Guards frequencies. Update 1.1.8.0 imminent but third times a charm so fingers crossed I didnt break anything else... It was a big update in my defence

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 08-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #534
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

New Release - Version v1.1.8.0

LUA files have changed again so make sure to use the installer to install / update or manually update.

Note: v1.1.6.0/ 1.1.7.0 - Versions were pulled due to reported input bug fixed in this release. Apologies for the inconvenience if you just updated! Thanks to RglsPhoto for the report and Tarres for the Guard Radio

Change Log:
  • Added Overlay Encryption Controls
  • Ability to change encryption Key on F-15C, A-10A, Gazelle, Mirage
  • Encryption added to F-15C, A-10A, Gazelle, Mirage
  • Fixed Ping function to keep open audio channel
  • Rewrote audio handling to filter server-side - Better for bandwidth
  • Reduce Audio Sample to 16000hz - Better for bandwidth
  • Fixed Radio stutter for multiple radios receiving at once - I hope
  • Added new dedicated Intercom section ready for Gazelle Multicrew
  • Fixed Hawk Radio Names
  • Added C-101 incockpit radios
  • Mi-8 - Radio / Intercom (ICS) switch must be set to Radio!
  • Radio Receiving indicator will work if more than one radio is receiving
  • DCS in-game position synced to Clients - Ready for Distance + LOS calculations
  • Increased SRS overall audio boost maximum
  • KA50 Volume for Radio taken from VHF Volume
  • Bug fixes for the installer
  • Radio auto transmits on connect so you don't have to press PTT before you can hear

This is quite a big release as many parts of the system have been rewritten or changed so please report if you have any bugs! The most important fix is Audio is now filtered server side so this release is much more bandwidth friendly. There is now a jitter buffer as well so you shouldn't have the stutter when receiving on multiple radios anymore either.

Attached a sceenshot showing you what position your radio selector needs to be in on the Mi8 to be able to transmit. Set the Radio/ICS switch Down to Radio

For the server host, you need to open UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002.

Banned IPs are added to a file created where ever the server is run called banned.txt. To unban, just delete the IP from the file and restart the server.

Make sure if you install manually to copy the DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua file as well as the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua to the scripts folder or it wont work.

Please let me know if you have any issues!

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...eleases/latest

Manual Install Procedure

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts - Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

Code:
local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])
If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

Server Hosting Instructions
Run SR-Server.exe (no need to run installer or add scripts!) and make sure UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002 are open. It does NOT need to be on a PC running DCS.

As always - Please let me know if you have issues so I can help solve them!

Finally - I need your help!
If you'd like to help with this project, please help me fill in this sheet of radio info! It'll also help correct any mistakes I've made with the Radios.

LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1869108790

New Wiki

Thanks to Nossarian, there is now a Wiki here which will eventually be a central place for all documentation. Big thank you for the help!

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...tandalone/wiki
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi8 - radio.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	146383  

Old 08-14-2016, 10:12 PM   #535
Jester Darrak

Current iteration is totally borked. PTT buttons are not working correctly, totally mixed up beyond recognition. Also, audio channel separation does not work properly or is also mixed up.
Jester Darrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:23 PM   #536
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester Darrak View Post
Current iteration is totally borked. PTT buttons are not working correctly, totally mixed up beyond recognition. Also, audio channel separation does not work properly or is also mixed up.
I'd uninstall and then reinstall from the link above to make sure you've got the latest version. Right click on the exe and go to properties to verify.

An earlier one I posted had an issue with radio selectors being off by one but the one above works fine.

Tested with a few people and not seeing that with 1.1.8.0

If you do have the latest version, make sure all the scripts are up to date as well in the scripts folder if you installed manually or you'll have issues.

Again scripts in Dcs/scripts will have 1.1.8.0 at the top of both scripts.

You can uninstall using the installer which'll also wipe the registry settings and clear anything broken there.

Let me know if you're still having issues after trying that

Edit: the sound separation I'll need to double check, there might be a bug there were only the first two radios have the settings apply? Is that what you're seeing? Won't be able to do a release for a few days if so, sorry.

Last edited by Ciribob; 08-14-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:31 PM   #537
Jester Darrak

Well, that's exactly what I did. I'll retry but it started after you distured our nice little final session. ;P
Old 08-14-2016, 10:32 PM   #538
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Well, that's exactly what I did. I'll retry but it started after you distured our nice little final session. ;P
Sorry didn't have much time...

If you did it right after restart the version above is newer

Old 08-14-2016, 10:34 PM   #539
Jester Darrak

It says 1.1.8.0. Any internal revision visible somewhere to compare?
Old 08-14-2016, 10:36 PM   #540
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
It says 1.1.8.0. Any internal revision visible somewhere to compare?
On the properties? Then it's the latest. Try the other steps to make sure scripts are good and reset keybindings