DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 108 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #1071
Bushmanni

I have had the same problem as Cibit with all limiting effects disabled. Sometimes it works but then suddenly stops working. This same problem affects both AWACS and spectator audio. This problem occurs mostly between aircrafts and AWACS/Spectator. So if I can't hear transmissions from aircrafts I can still hear them from other spectators and then if I get in a plane I can hear transmissions from other planes also. But if I go back to spectator, I can't hear transmissions from planes again.
Bushmanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #1072
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Check spectator audio is enabled and coalition security is disabled

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #1073
Cibit
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Check spectator audio is enabled and coalition security is disabled

Confirmed SA enabled
CS disabled

Do I have to be in a vehicle with radio's IE not a manpad or AAA emplacment when using the AWACS panel?

Cibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:10 PM   #1074
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibit View Post
Confirmed SA enabled
CS disabled

Do I have to be in a vehicle with radio's IE not a manpad or AAA emplacment when using the AWACS panel?
Nope should work... Will try to check on the weekend.

Could you try the normal overlay rather than the AWACS one?

Sorry on mobile

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:58 PM   #1075
Cibit
Veteran

Rgr thanks, will check with normal overlay and report back as soon as poss might take a day or 2

Cibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:42 PM   #1076
gromit190

Quote:
I'm still pondering it. I'm torn because I assume it must be some latency that only appears under certain conditions that causes the distortion as on a local PC or a few local PC's I can't replicate, even to a remote server. Good sample though from somewhere here showing the issue: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...one/issues/148

BUT rewriting it is quite a big task that I really don't want to embark on unless I have too.

If you want to help me debug the audio pipeline first that would be grand but I'll let you know if I start on the C++ pipeline.
Cool!

Quote:
Been investigation Port Audio and a bit left field of switching the whole lot to Golang...
Sorry, didn't quite understand. Are you considering porting the project to Golang?
gromit190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:54 PM   #1077
flyco

Ciribob, thanks for the advice to delete the Tacview line in my export.lua to allow radios to be recognised in 1.5.5. That did the trick!

Strange that the tacview line plus many hundred of helios lines had no such effect in 1.5.4 or 2.0. I just hope that the forthcoming 1.5.5 update sorts it out.

On more general note, as a senior-citizen who began flying training with the RAF in 1961, I have been inculcated not to get into an aircraft until I know its workings up, down and sideways. I still read manuals for pleasure - when you can get them. I appreciate that things develop much faster today, but I do long to know more about the inner workings of stuff before I use it. I realise that I am asking a lot of developers who work for nothing to produce these mods, but I do feel very 'naked' putting them on my computer without a clue about what they do or how they do it.

As all my old instructors used to say RFTM!" - Ah! those were the days.

Edit: I have now updated to 1.5.5 Release, and, as I feared, I can now only use SRS if the SRS line is the only line in my Export.lua - No Tacview and no Helios. Does anyone have any suggestions. DCS 2.0 continues to tolerate Helios output, Tacview and SRS in the Export.lua.

Last edited by flyco; 11-11-2016 at 05:09 PM.
flyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #1078
Coug4r

Making the SR line first in the export script worked for me, but now Helios no longer seems to work so that makes sense. Had TacView removed already from the script.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:24 AM   #1079
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

The Helios thing is related to the DCS 1.5.5 update.

Nothing with SR.

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860-GTX 1060 KFA2- 6G RAM-1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:20 AM   #1080
Coug4r

Yes, but if Helios fails and the SR line is still at the end of the export script SR will fail as well.