DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 106 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-31-2016, 10:25 PM   #1051
HiJack
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyco View Post
I would be very grateful if someone could identify my problem with SRS. I am getting very inconsistent log in to the SRS Client. While I am shown on the Server list correctly by name, the SRS Client list will, more often than not, give no name, no colour on my coalition indicator, and the usual two 'Kick' and 'Ban' tabs.

I can log on consistently using my old (Win 7) PC, but only irregularly on my new Win10 one. However, examination of the Log files, shows no significant differences. After start they identify my devices, check for an up-to-date SRS version, and then happily ping away every 25 seconds until I exit, when they close down in an identical fashion.

I use Helios and a number of widely used mods, the latter installed using JGSME. I have tried removing and re-installing these mods, with no consistent results.

I would welcome any suggestions as to the probable problem.
Try to move the DCS Simple Radio Standalone line in export.lua down to the last line.

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:40 AM   #1052
flyco

Thanks for the try Hijack - unfortunately the SRS line is already the last line in export.lua.
flyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:31 AM   #1053
HiJack
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the try Hijack - unfortunately the SRS line is already the last line in export.lua.
One more thing to try is to comment the other mods so you only have SRS in Export.lua. Then see if things change.

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:20 PM   #1054
muffler
Tester NS 430

Send a message via ICQ to muffler

Hey, guys! Could somebody advise me, how can I provide broadcasting through the SRS (for example ATIS)? Thanks in advance!

http://forum.aviaraf.ru
muffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #1055
SageOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffler View Post
Hey, guys! Could somebody advise me, how can I provide broadcasting through the SRS (for example ATIS)? Thanks in advance!

Hmm.. I wonder.. Could you do this with virtual audio cable? Have a client with the mic input being VAC which is playing an ATIS .wav or something on a loop...

Can you have multiple SRS client programs open on the same computer? If not, on a separate computer still seems like it could work with VAC...

No sure about the PTT part how to get round that...

Just spitballing....
Old 11-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #1056
Home Fries

Default DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Sage, this is possible. Just do so from your dedicated server and use autohotkey to keep the mic on.

Ciribob gave a more in depth description a few pages back when we were discussing a Radio Mayok alternative.

Edit: I haven't tried multiple clients but I'm not sure it would work while SRS relies on an export file. I know that Ciribob is working to remove that dependency at which point that will be more likely. In the meantime you can choose one ATIS and one frequency.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Last edited by Home Fries; 11-02-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:21 PM   #1057
SageOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Fries View Post
Sage, this is possible. Just do so from your dedicated server and use autohotkey to keep the mic on.

Ciribob gave a more in depth description a few pages back when we were discussing a Radio Mayok alternative.

Oh yeah. I remember seeing your post about that. LOL over a hundred pages in this thread now... forgot about it. Darn, thought I was being all smart and original.

It is a cool idea though, the live ATIS. We run pretty small missions, but for the large stuff like the 132nd does, that would be pretty neat.

I just can't say enough how amazed I am at this program. Ciribob, you should sign a whole bunch of weird Russian paperwork and sell this thing to ED for official integration into DCSW.

Never mind, what am I thinking, then it would go away and not be implemented until 2019 ( -Text only medium Disclaimer-The previous comments were 100% a joke)

Only two hold outs to go then our entire Squadron will be up and running on SRS. Good times.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #1058
gromit190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Some help would be great! I've not had time to work properly on it for over a week now due to work commitments and its getting a little big for just one person... I didnt really know C# before this project, just java so language wise its no worries.

I am actually thinking of rewriting the core audio engine in C++ and using the C++/CLI bridging to talk to the .NET UI and the non performance critical code.

PM me your skype if you don't mind and we'll arrange a time so I can talk you through the main design if you like? Its a little convoluted and needs a lot of refactoring
Are you still considering rewriting audio in C++? Or did upgrading to 64-bit fix the performance? I have another C++ project where I'm going to record audio, so I could definitely look into that for this project aswell.
gromit190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #1059
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
I would be very grateful if someone could identify my problem with SRS. I am getting very inconsistent log in to the SRS Client. While I am shown on the Server list correctly by name, the SRS Client list will, more often than not, give no name, no colour on my coalition indicator, and the usual two 'Kick' and 'Ban' tabs.

I can log on consistently using my old (Win 7) PC, but only irregularly on my new Win10 one. However, examination of the Log files, shows no significant differences. After start they identify my devices, check for an up-to-date SRS version, and then happily ping away every 25 seconds until I exit, when they close down in an identical fashion.

I use Helios and a number of widely used mods, the latter installed using JGSME. I have tried removing and re-installing these mods, with no consistent results.

I would welcome any suggestions as to the probable problem.
Would you mind double checking the DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua is in your DCS scripts folder?

Thats the file that sends your Side and player name.

If its there an up-to-date try changed the line here:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...GameGUI.lua#L8

to false

Code:
SRS.unicast = false
The name is sometimes missing on the server interface (if you click kick you'll see it though) but the coalition should always be correct.

For singleplayer your coalition will always be spectator but it should be pretty much instant in multiplayer when you switch around through the slots.

Hopefully that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageOT View Post
Oh yeah. I remember seeing your post about that. LOL over a hundred pages in this thread now... forgot about it. Darn, thought I was being all smart and original.

It is a cool idea though, the live ATIS. We run pretty small missions, but for the large stuff like the 132nd does, that would be pretty neat.

I just can't say enough how amazed I am at this program. Ciribob, you should sign a whole bunch of weird Russian paperwork and sell this thing to ED for official integration into DCSW.

Never mind, what am I thinking, then it would go away and not be implemented until 2019 ( -Text only medium Disclaimer-The previous comments were 100% a joke)

Only two hold outs to go then our entire Squadron will be up and running on SRS. Good times.
Glad its working well for you guys! If they want it, they can have it, its open source

It's not quite there yet though, still lots and lots to do, but not had the time for a while now which is a shame as I really enjoy working on this project.

For your other question of how to do a broadcast:
  • Install SRS on your server host
  • Install something like Virtual Audio Cable (http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/ - Donation Ware)
  • Start up your SRS Server - Make sure Secure Coalition Radios is OFF and Spectator Audio is Enabled. If you don't only one side or the other will be able to hear the radio depending on the slot you put the server host in.
  • Start up dedicated DCS Server - Setup Mission and launch
  • Start up SRS Client and select the audio input as the Virtual Audio Cable
  • Tune SRS Client to the frequency you want to transmit on
  • Select Radio and Force PTT with autohotkey
  • Set Virtual Audio cable as the default output device (or a good media player that lets you pick speakers)
  • Play music from youtube, stream internet radio, stream from LiveATC .... What ever
  • Optionally join a particular slot if you have secure coalitions radios on (you can only be on one side at a time so only one side will hear you)

No issues with bandwidth as SRS will down-sample and handle all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromit190 View Post
Are you still considering rewriting audio in C++? Or did upgrading to 64-bit fix the performance? I have another C++ project where I'm going to record audio, so I could definitely look into that for this project aswell.
I'm still pondering it. I'm torn because I assume it must be some latency that only appears under certain conditions that causes the distortion as on a local PC or a few local PC's I can't replicate, even to a remote server. Good sample though from somewhere here showing the issue: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...one/issues/148

BUT rewriting it is quite a big task that I really don't want to embark on unless I have too.

If you want to help me debug the audio pipeline first that would be grand but I'll let you know if I start on the C++ pipeline. Been investigation Port Audio and a bit left field of switching the whole lot to Golang...

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:14 PM   #1060
SageOT

Ok, so now that I'm finally using this....

Ability to make presets in the overlay/set a hot key to change them.

Ability to turn on/off freq limit/real world limitations on the overlay.

Would those two things be something that could be implemented in future updates if you decide it's worth it?

The first I ask as a VR user... for when you're stuck in an FC3 aircraft it is Hella rough to switch freqs since you either have the mouse locked to dcs or are in full screen mode.

The second is not near as important, just something I noticed building a mission last night. The squad is flying F5's and M2KCs but for this mission I have one guy in an su25t for sead and a guest flyer who only has the su27.

From a strictly game play pov, it would be great to be able to cheat the two Russian fc3 planes to mimic the mirage radio. When the 18C comes, less important as you don't need the 25t anymore, but just something I was thinking about.

Take care,

Sage

EDIT: Guess if the second thing could happen it would need to be something that can be allowed/not allowed on the server side part of the program so it didn't become an actual cheat for those that use it on public servers...

Last edited by SageOT; 11-05-2016 at 05:23 PM.
SageOT is offline   Reply With Quote