Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 19 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #181
Home Fries
Senior Member
 
Home Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Greater Washington DC Area
Posts: 2,835
Default

It's easy, AlaskanGrizzly:

Your preferences page point to the DCS World install and the Saved Games folder. While changing the DCS World path will point to the Open Beta for things like the MiG-21 Default kneeboard and the kneeboard position/color settings, the Saved Games path will still point to Saved Games\DCS.

The user folder for the Open Beta is "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta". This could be as simple as adding a checkbox if you are using the beta, which will push the kneeboard files to the new folder in Saved Games. The simple, clean implementation would be to have paths for both DCS versions available in the preferences menu, and then if both paths are filled, have the checkbox or radio buttons appear in the GUI that selects which version of DCS is being customized.
__________________
-Home Fries
Fear the Bolts!


The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.


My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #182
AlaskanGrizzly
Member
 
AlaskanGrizzly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 425
Default Version 1.6.4.0 Released

Version 1.6.4.0 is now available.

Version 1.6.4.0 Changelog

-added support for DCS World OpenBeta
-added splash screen
-changelog now included in update prompt
-various minor GUI modifications
-various code and performance optimizations

NOTE:
Check the 'Open Beta' checkbox in 'Options -> Preferences' for use with DCS World OpenBeta
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:04 PM   #183
Lino_Germany
ED Translator
 
Lino_Germany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Germany / Dillenburg
Posts: 1,585
Default

Awesome work and unbelievable speed of support! Rep inbound.
__________________
Kind regards,

Lino_Germany
Lino_Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:15 AM   #184
stephen2102
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3
Default

I can't seem to get the kneeboard to work, i downloaded the folder and ran kneeboard.exe but i get "Kneeboard builder has stopped working" i have .NET framework 4.5.2 windows is up to date. windows 7 btw. idk why im getting this...
stephen2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:35 PM   #185
AlaskanGrizzly
Member
 
AlaskanGrizzly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen2102 View Post
I can't seem to get the kneeboard to work, i downloaded the folder and ran kneeboard.exe but i get "Kneeboard builder has stopped working" i have .NET framework 4.5.2 windows is up to date. windows 7 btw. idk why im getting this...
You may have a corrupt system .dll that is not working correctly.

Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833


You can also view your windows error logs and look for any error events that occur when you try running Kneeboard Builder:

To view the event logs:
right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

Look for any errors containing KneeboardBuilder.exe.

EDIT:

Sorry, I gave you directions for the windows 8 event viewer. To open the windows 7 event viewer click on the start menu -> control panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.

Last edited by AlaskanGrizzly; 02-20-2015 at 10:51 PM.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:34 PM   #186
lrdangel
Junior Member
 
lrdangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 44
Default

Hello,

I ran the MS System Checker Tool and it came back with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." I actually ran it a few times.

One of my squad-mates sent me his older version, 1.6.3.1 and it works fine for me as long as I don't update to 1.6.4.0.

Great product overall though! Not sure why the new update is causing .NET run-time errors though for me.
__________________
~ LA

<a href=http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic89379_1.gif target=_blank>http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic89379_1.gif</a>

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member
lrdangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:01 PM   #187
AlaskanGrizzly
Member
 
AlaskanGrizzly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdangel View Post
Hello,

I ran the MS System Checker Tool and it came back with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." I actually ran it a few times.

One of my squad-mates sent me his older version, 1.6.3.1 and it works fine for me as long as I don't update to 1.6.4.0.

Great product overall though! Not sure why the new update is causing .NET run-time errors though for me.
Thanks for the feedback.

Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and let me know the details for any errors you have listed for Kneeboardbuilder.exe or save the log and pm me a copy

To view the error logs in windows 7:

click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer.

For windows 8:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

If you can't upload an .evtx file then a text file will do.

I appreciate your help.

Last edited by AlaskanGrizzly; 02-20-2015 at 11:03 PM.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:09 PM   #188
stephen2102
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3
Default

I looked at the event viewer and got the following.

KneeboardBuilder.exe
1.6.4.0
54d910c2
KERNELBASE.dll
6.1.7601.18409
5315a05a
e0434352
000000000000940d
2134
01d04e17dfab1fdf
C:\Users\Stephen\Desktop\kneeboard builder\KneeboardBuilder.exe
C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
1e9bd7e7-ba0b-11e4-8975-f46d04e39c6c

I also ran the Microsoft's System Checker Tool and it said the following.

2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 00000338 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WorkstationService-NetAPI, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033a [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WorkstationService-NetAPI, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033b [SR] This component was referenced by [l:202{101}]"Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.WindowsFoundationDelivery"
2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033e [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

i tried to do the "takeown /f c:\windows\system32\wkscli.dll" but i got an "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)" error. Sorry for the wall of text.
stephen2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:21 PM   #189
AlaskanGrizzly
Member
 
AlaskanGrizzly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen2102 View Post
I looked at the event viewer and got the following.

KneeboardBuilder.exe
1.6.4.0
54d910c2
KERNELBASE.dll
6.1.7601.18409
5315a05a
e0434352
000000000000940d
2134
01d04e17dfab1fdf
C:\Users\Stephen\Desktop\kneeboard builder\KneeboardBuilder.exe
C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
1e9bd7e7-ba0b-11e4-8975-f46d04e39c6c

I also ran the Microsoft's System Checker Tool and it said the following.

2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 00000338 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WorkstationService-NetAPI, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033a [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WorkstationService-NetAPI, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033b [SR] This component was referenced by [l:202{101}]"Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.WindowsFoundationDelivery"
2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033e [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

i tried to do the "takeown /f c:\windows\system32\wkscli.dll" but i got an "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)" error. Sorry for the wall of text.
The KERNALBASE.DLL error occurs when you have a missing or corrupt system .dll. In your case it looks like the issue is the 'wkscli.dll'. You may want to try googling that .dll file and see if you can find a fix. You may need to repair or reinstall windows to fix it though.

You can try the prior version of Kneeboard Builder and see if that works for you. Here is the download link for version 1.6.3.1:

Kneeboard Builder Version 1.6.3.1

Sorry I could not be of more help to you.

EDIT:

It looks like 'wkscli.dll' is related to networking, so you could try disabling automatic update checks in Kneeboard Builder and see if that works for you.

Just open the 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.Config' file in notepad or notepad++ and add these lines inside the <configuration> </configuration> tags:

<appSettings>
<add key="AllowUpdate" value="False" />
</appSettings>

Last edited by AlaskanGrizzly; 02-21-2015 at 10:32 PM.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:58 PM   #190
stephen2102
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3
Default

ok so i reformatted my computer, ran the MSC Tool everything is fine no corrupted .dll but i still get the kneeboard builder has stopped working. went to the event viewer and i get this.

Faulting application name: KneeboardBuilder.exe, version: 1.6.3.1, time stamp: 0x54cc165a
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x5315a05a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d
Faulting process id: 0x1db0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d05375c4aed7e8
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Stephen\Downloads\KneeboardBuilder 1.6.3.1\KneeboardBuilder.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 058483aa-bf69-11e4-b032-f46d04e39c6c
stephen2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:26 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.