Sale numbers of DCS World modules - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
Feuerfalke
Veteran

Just wait till Eagle Dynamics goes for the Stock Exchange.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | HP LP2475w 1920x1200 | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS + SaitekProPedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20, 2x Pro 54
Feuerfalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
EtherealN
Coffee boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
Even if they were, they won't help. ED does things that have nothing to do with DCSW as well, so you wouldn't be able to guess accurately how much stuff has sold.
And adding to that, there is the issue that such a proxy would include multiple price points for the same products - through sales and such promotions, through different vendors giving different royalties etcetera etcetera.

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер
Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog
DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules | Hell Yeah! | Norse Religious Education | Life of a Game Tester
EtherealN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #13
eurofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
Even if they were, they won't help. ED does things that have nothing to do with DCSW as well, so you wouldn't be able to guess accurately how much stuff has sold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealN View Post
And adding to that, there is the issue that such a proxy would include multiple price points for the same products - through sales and such promotions, through different vendors giving different royalties etcetera etcetera.
I realise the thread title is "Sale numbers of DCS World modules" but the reasoning in the first post goes into talking about income so I assumed that is what the OP wanted to get to. I haven't said you would get anything else out of such public documents and I know very well that you can't.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #14
Suchacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurofor View Post
I realise the thread title is "Sale numbers of DCS World modules" but the reasoning in the first post goes into talking about income so I assumed that is what the OP wanted to get to. I haven't said you would get anything else out of such public documents and I know very well that you can't.
Not necessarily, more I wanted to find out (or make an "educated" guess) the approximate number of DCS World pilots. Just for my curiosity
Suchacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:00 PM   #15
=JUICE=

It would be interesting to see the sales numbers by modules...maybe a chart showing each one and total units sold.
=JUICE= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #16
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by =JUICE= View Post
It would be interesting to see the sales numbers by modules...maybe a chart showing each one and total units sold.
We will probably never know such detailed statistics on ED sales numbers, but we can at least estimate a bit:

You have surely noted that when purchasing at ED's Store you get an order number, now if we purchase something more or less on the same date each year, by substraction we can know how many orders the ED store handles each year ... the graph of such data looks like this:

Of course, this doesnt count the sales at Steam or at 3rd party stores, nor sheds any light onto the dollar amount of the sales, nor the modules involved, but it gives a glimpse that allows us to see if ED sales numbers are increasing, constant or declining.

Best regards,

Eduardo
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:25 PM   #17
xvii-Dietrich

According to Steamspy, DCS World is in the 1M-2M user category. Ref: https://steamspy.com/app/223750
Of course, this is Steam only, and it includes all "free only" players (who don't buy any modules, but just fly the free-to-play version). Nevertheless, a lot of people have tried it out via Steam, which is nice.
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote