DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Nope, the ports are enough, highly unlikely anyone here has any FW looking at the application layer to make rules, ports are how the distinction is made, the network will have no idea there are multiple applications possible to arrive at, it will just follow the port it's bound to.

Only if the port configuration points to the actual installed binary, and not just the process name.

In unix I would say, no problem, because the port table can include the path. In windows? From my understanding the executable enters itself into a dynamic port table each time it is started. If the dynamic port table records the process number and uses that to find the correct process, it can work. If it only looks at the binary name in the process table, how should it know which of the two processes is answering on port 5001 and which on port 5010?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

hi, I did a quick search in this thread and I saw nothing so here is the question:

I started to fly the F-18 recently and the PTT buttons for comm 1 and 2 don´t work with SR. They are correctly mapped in DCS, I believe, because the comms menu shows labeled COMM1 and 2 as it should, but I only emit with the default PTT button that I have configured in SR for the ka-50. ¿Any ideas?

Btw, I tried it only last night and I just updated for the 1.7.1.3 in case it may be specific of this update.

Thanks!

hi, I did a quick search in this thread and I saw nothing so here is the question:

I started to fly the F-18 recently and the PTT buttons for comm 1 and 2 don´t work with SR. They are correctly mapped in DCS, I believe, because the comms menu shows labeled COMM1 and 2 as it should, but I only emit with the default PTT button that I have configured in SR for the ka-50. ¿Any ideas?

Btw, I tried it only last night and I just updated for the 1.7.1.3 in case it may be specific of this update.

Thanks!

+1 Same here...

For support please go to Discord: https://discord.gg/vqxAw7H You will get a feaster response :thumbup:

Does anyone use SRS with a wireless Bose headphone?

I have some problem when I select select the mic of the headset has an input. It works fine when I do the Preview Audio test, but when I connect to an SRS server all the other computer and DCS sounds are shut down. I can only hear the SRS radio messages...

I don't get the problem when I select the mic embedded in my screen.

Frustrating...

Please post clientlog.txt on Discord: https://discord.gg/vqxAw7H

for me.

INCOCKPIT RADIO SW is not effective on the latest version.

Is it only for me?

It looks PTT is working well. but can't radio select on A-10C.

to developer.

Is there any INCOCKPIT CONTROL SUPPORT LIST?

I want know which aircraft support INCOCKPIT CONTROL.

Yes there is - Under help in SRS there is a link too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

Has anyone got the issue that the in game overlay is showing but almost entirely transparent. Ctl Shift and Esc cycles to 2 other displays fine but the usual one is almost invisible. Thanks

Use the transparency slider at the bottom of the overlay

Using SRS almost all the time I've noticed an increase in my controls failing. ?Anyone else getting this error.

Make sure allow more inputs is turned off

Hi there.

Im sorry if this has been mentioned already. Just remembered to ask this - so quickly posted.

(Before I get on with this so called: "life" that gets in the way of personal PC flying time....)

Can we "whitelist" devices ourselves? and if so how? Which file should I open to edit?

I cant seem to include any devices to the radios in settings you see. Even with clicking on the additonal devices button.

The auther very kindly offers his help to "whitelist" devices for us. But to save him time I wonder if we can do it ourselves?

(or have i completely missed the point and its something he has to do to .exe?)

I have a "gazzilion" devices plugged in you see.

(Pedals, warthog, track ir, cougar MFDs, Index, my own personal 20 button input device with some modifications, steering wheel, pedals for those etc etc..)

Find the device ID in the SRS logs and add to a file called whitelist.txt

looking to install latest version.

Downloaded latest zip file.

Unable to see installer?

Is it missing? never had this as an issue before, just used to unzip downloaded folder and there it was.

DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-master is the zip file I downloaded. Don't remember "master" being there before.

Is that why? still cannot see "installer"

You downloaded the source and not the installer

Use this: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/download/1.7.0.3/SRS-AutoUpdater.exe to do a one click install

F/A-18C Channel Freqs. This has undoubtedy been asked, but I can't find it. I understand making a text file listing channel freqs for each radio, but since the Hornet radios have the same name, AN/ARC-210, how does one differentiate between COM1 and COM2 channels?

The channels file only works for simulated rather than real radios in the aircraft (all FC3) - for the F18 set them in the mission editor

Thanks!

The FA18 doesnt support DCS hotkeys for SRS - bind them in SRS. Also enable always allow SRS hotkeys to have them always work regardless of module

+1 Same here...

Same as above

For support please go to Discord: https://discord.gg/vqxAw7H You will get a feaster response :thumbup:

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

<snip>lots of good stuff</snip>

Thanks Ciribob for all these answers, this is great support.

You have however missed my very own question, it makes me sad :cry:

:music_whistling:

Hi folks,

This may already have been asked and answered but I didn't find it so here I go : is there a way to have two distinct SRS servers, each linked to a distinct DCS server on a single machine ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Ok I'm pulling my hair out with this program now. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going wrong. I attempt to run the installer after extracting the zip and nothing happens. So then I follow the readme.txt and manually install all the luas etc then attempt to run the client (which has opus in the same folder). I then see the SRS icon appear in my tool tray momentarily but the INSTANT I go to click it by hovering my mouse over it, it disappears. Ciribob I've sent you a message on ed forums about this. WHAT IS GOING ON please?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

Thanks Ciribob for all these answers, this is great support.

You have however missed my very own question, it makes me sad :cry:

:music_whistling:

Ok I'm pulling my hair out with this program now. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going wrong. I attempt to run the installer after extracting the zip and nothing happens. So then I follow the readme.txt and manually install all the luas etc then attempt to run the client (which has opus in the same folder). I then see the SRS icon appear in my tool tray momentarily but the INSTANT I go to click it by hovering my mouse over it, it disappears. Ciribob I've sent you a message on ed forums about this. WHAT IS GOING ON please?
For support, as I say again and again - please go to Discord for support :)

For support please go to Discord: https://discord.gg/vqxAw7H You will get a faster response

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Pop-Up Window

Request: Please position the pop-up window on the app window. Currently it is positioned in the middle of the screen.

The problem is when using VR the VR mirror window is in the center of the screen and it cannot be lowered. This means that if SRS opens a pop-up, it is hidden behind the VR mirror window. I specifically position the app window that it doesn't get masked like this, but SRS pop-ups go to directly behind the VR window.

Of course I can find the pop-up with <Alt><Tab>, but in the heat of the battle, it is easy to forget to look there as well.

The pop-up itself appears to steal the keyboard focus (I'm not 100% certain of this yet), swallowing keyboard input. If you have the chat window in MP in focus when this happens, there is no way to close the chat window, until the pop-up is closed.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocketedition View Post

looking to install latest version.

Downloaded latest zip file.

Unable to see installer?

Is it missing? never had this as an issue before, just used to unzip downloaded folder and there it was.

DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-master is the zip file I downloaded. Don't remember "master" being there before.

Is that why? still cannot see "installer"

You downloaded the source and not the installer

Use this: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...utoUpdater.exe to do a one click install

Thank you. Thank you.

I am not getting contact with assets (tower, tanker, awacs), when using a FC3 plane. Of course I can set frequencies, talk to my buddies on these frequencies, but... Can´t contact with tower, for instance, like I use to do when I fly F-18. And got Server, VOIP symbols in the SRS window in green, but Game not. Is this the right procedure? I really can´t contact with tower using SRS and a FC3 plane?

Has anyone ever had trouble downloading off GitHub? I keep getting a connection timed out error.

Tried different browsers. Turned off proxy in LAN setting. Firewall off.

No luck. I just can’t get SRS to download. Had trouble with trying to get a mod off GitHub the other day too. Seems like a GitHub thing. Any help appreciated

Cheers, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

I am not getting contact with assets (tower, tanker, awacs), when using a FC3 plane. Of course I can set frequencies, talk to my buddies on these frequencies, but... Can´t contact with tower, for instance, like I use to do when I fly F-18. And got Server, VOIP symbols in the SRS window in green, but Game not. Is this the right procedure? I really can´t contact with tower using SRS and a FC3 plane?

just clarify, are you talking to assets 'with SRS', or do you mean you can't get anything from the SIM when SRS is installed?

FC3 doesn't have modelled radios so it doesn't matter what frequency you set in SRS as they're modelled outside the sim by SRS.

Tower should always work in FC3 as there is no radio to retune.

Any other non FC3 does have modelled radios so the frequency in SRS is the same as DCS

Request: Please position the pop-up window on the app window. Currently it is positioned in the middle of the screen.

The problem is when using VR the VR mirror window is in the center of the screen and it cannot be lowered. This means that if SRS opens a pop-up, it is hidden behind the VR mirror window. I specifically position the app window that it doesn't get masked like this, but SRS pop-ups go to directly behind the VR window.

Of course I can find the pop-up with <Alt><Tab>, but in the heat of the battle, it is easy to forget to look there as well.

The pop-up itself appears to steal the keyboard focus (I'm not 100% certain of this yet), swallowing keyboard input. If you have the chat window in MP in focus when this happens, there is no way to close the chat window, until the pop-up is closed.

Can you send me a screenshot / more details?

SRS can be set to force focus to DCS (check settings) and will open at its last used position. If you move it it'll stay there. That is the care for the client window, SRS overlay and DCS overlay

Hi guys.

With the last release I find the frequencies in the upper left of the monitor.

I don't need to see the frequencies so I would like to know how to remove them from the screen.

Thanks

SRS now shows up as a Module and it has a Special Tab...

You can adjust preferences there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

if i host a private mission the auto connection feature does not work for me (Player = Host) ...

Other clients can auto connect after starting my servers ...

is this right or did i make a mistake ?

so for me it is normal that the host/player have to connect manually to the own SRS server ...

thx in advance

too much ...

--------------------------------------------------8<

Can you send me a screenshot / more details?

SRS can be set to force focus to DCS (check settings) and will open at its last used position. If you move it it'll stay there. That is the care for the client window, SRS overlay and DCS overlay

*grrr*... opps, not aimed at you, Ciribob :huh:

I made a screenshot yesterday night with the pop-up in the middle of my display, but 1. I can't find it today :mad: , and B. it wasn't behind the VR-mirror window, but on top of it, which isn't reassuring to me in the least, because DCS is screwy to say the least with regards to the mouse-pointer, the VR-mirror window and the mouse clicking the desktop while in-game. Anyway, my SRS window itself was way of to the edge of the desktop, where it would be advantageous to find the pop-up as well.

PS to force getting a pop-up, go onto an MP server with SRS, which will automatically connect SRS to that DCS server's SRS server. Now quit the current DCS server and connect to a different one which also has SRS. Since the previous SRS connection is not quit by SRS when quitting the previous DCS server, a pop-up tells you that the DCS servers SRS server are not the same and asks if you want to connect to the new SRS server.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Hello

I have a problem with the connection to the server.

It was good all the time, for several days there is no connection with the Game.

I have detected that the radio starts automatically, I do not have it set in DCS.

srs.jpg

dcs.png

And you can't close it.

srs01.jpg

"The process could not be completed."

Edited by hancerPL

Specialization A-10C

https://vbw304.pl/

Hello. Me and other users of VAICOM for VoiceAttack, have a big issue since the update of Simple Radio to be included in extra options of DCS. The mic is not allowed to hear our voice.

We can "fix" it removing the DCS-SRS folder from the MODs folder in Saved Games, but we cannot use both programs same time as we did before.

Could you please take a look at this one? Thanks!

*grrr*... opps, not aimed at you, Ciribob :huh:

I made a screenshot yesterday night with the pop-up in the middle of my display, but 1. I can't find it today :mad: , and B. it wasn't behind the VR-mirror window, but on top of it, which isn't reassuring to me in the least, because DCS is screwy to say the least with regards to the mouse-pointer, the VR-mirror window and the mouse clicking the desktop while in-game. Anyway, my SRS window itself was way of to the edge of the desktop, where it would be advantageous to find the pop-up as well.

PS to force getting a pop-up, go onto an MP server with SRS, which will automatically connect SRS to that DCS server's SRS server. Now quit the current DCS server and connect to a different one which also has SRS. Since the previous SRS connection is not quit by SRS when quitting the previous DCS server, a pop-up tells you that the DCS servers SRS server are not the same and asks if you want to connect to the new SRS server.

Right understand now - so its just that alert box and any others should be by the app - not in the middle of then screen?

Hello

I have a problem with the connection to the server.

It was good all the time, for several days there is no connection with the Game.

I have detected that the radio starts automatically, I do not have it set in DCS.

srs.jpg

dcs.png

And you can't close it.

srs01.jpg

"The process could not be completed."

Should be fixed in 1.7.1.4

Hello. Me and other users of VAICOM for VoiceAttack, have a big issue since the update of Simple Radio to be included in extra options of DCS. The mic is not allowed to hear our voice.

We can "fix" it removing the DCS-SRS folder from the MODs folder in Saved Games, but we cannot use both programs same time as we did before.

Could you please take a look at this one? Thanks!

I dont own either but just installed and gave it a go - seems to work fine with 1.7.1.4?

Support here though please :)

https://discord.gg/vqxAw7H