Thoughts on the SD-10? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-05-2019, 12:44 AM   #1
OziRekt

Default Thoughts on the SD-10?

Now we all have had some time, what is everyone's thoughts on the SD-10 post-launch? Has there been a nerf? How does it compare to the AIM-120C?

— Air Vice-Marshal J. E. 'Johnnie' Johnson, RAF

Can't charge us all
OziRekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:02 AM   #2
razorseal

some time? we haven't even had a day with the module yet LOL.

rumor is, it's been nerfed. will take some time testing it. similar performance compared to 120C now
razorseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:01 AM   #3
Terrorban

The missile has airbrakes now. It is funny how after the first burn stage, it just loses energy really fast and plops down like cartoon. I guess the pressure from the mob really scared Deka.

Even after fix, I am certain that they will make it less capable than the current AIM-120 which even ED say need improvement. So much for simulation.
Terrorban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:40 AM   #4
backspace340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorban View Post
The missile has airbrakes now. It is funny how after the first burn stage, it just loses energy really fast and plops down like cartoon. I guess the pressure from the mob really scared Deka.

Even after fix, I am certain that they will make it less capable than the current AIM-120 which even ED say need improvement. So much for simulation.
People have tested the release version versus what was included in the previous OB, it performs the same.
backspace340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:08 AM   #5
ShadowFrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspace340 View Post
People have tested the release version versus what was included in the previous OB, it performs the same.
Can confirm down low at 5000 feet mach .83 it was matching previous numbers. Have not tested any other ranges though. But everything looks similar at first glance.
ShadowFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:58 AM   #6
Contact409

Quote:

no changes. what does public think has nothing to do with how they should and are making the SD10. period.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:53 AM   #7
Shimmergloom667

Quote:

Nothing has changed, according to my tests it performs pretty much identical to what we have seen before release.

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | UH-1H
Shimmergloom667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:07 AM   #8
shaHeen-1

The mods messed up on that first useless SD10 thread. They should have stepped in way earlier. Now ppl are confused and suspicious for no good reason. Bluebois are pissed cuz they don't want to ever play as an underdog. Redbois are pissed cuz they wanted to slap bluebois with a new fancy module for once.
shaHeen-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #9
Banzaiib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaHeen-1 View Post
The mods messed up on that first useless SD10 thread. They should have stepped in way earlier. Now ppl are confused and suspicious for no good reason. Bluebois are pissed cuz they don't want to ever play as an underdog. Redbois are pissed cuz they wanted to slap bluebois with a new fancy module for once.
This... 100% this... so much... while I'm just sitting over here wishing ED would ACTUALLY look at the data presented to them about drag and all the missiles since the "missile mod" team did a crap load of research 3-4 years ago. They completely ignored all of it... I just want reasonably accurate modeling of the missile external balistics. I'm really hoping the new missile API improves the logic behind both the physics and guidance for the 120 and R-27's as well as the rest.
Banzaiib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:41 AM   #10
LF_Manu

The missile performs as we have seen. Now we just need an improved 120 wich is already on the works and we can really enjoy BVR
LF_Manu is offline   Reply With Quote