Drops Today!

Zimmerdylan

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

When ED are ready they will let us know via the usual channels.

Just keep an eye out for official news

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I don't think so. Unless there has been some big news the plan since quite long is that 2.5 is not the Normandy release. First the Normandy release on 2.x brunch (now named as 2.1). Second, upgrading the Caucasus map. Third the merge of 1.5.x and 2.x.x into 2.5.

I am a little anxious about this.. Two weeks ago, Matt said that a part of the team that's working on Normandy map moved back to working on the Caucasus map.. He also confirmed that NTTR map is finished.

Once the Normandy is out of the Alpha/Beta stage and the Caucasus update is finished, we'll probably have the merger of all maps under a single executable file.

I exaggerated a bit with "cca late May" but things are rolling towards the much anticipated merger with a high pace.. I can feel it :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I am a little anxious about this.. Two weeks ago, Matt said that a part of the team that's working on Normandy map moved back to working on the Caucasus map.. He also confirmed that NTTR map is finished.

Once the Normandy is out of the Alpha/Beta stage and the Caucasus update is finished, we'll probably have the merger of all maps under a single executable file.

I exaggerated a bit with "cca late May" but things are rolling towards the much anticipated merger with a high pace.. I can feel it :)

I admire your optimism. We won't see a merger for a while yet I think. Normandy and 2.something next, and Merger and 2.5 following in a few months at the earliest is a more realistic scenario. Why knows, maybe 2.5 and the merger could arrive with the Strait of Hormuz map if we're very lucky, and both could appear before the end of the year?

...Once the Normandy is out of the Alpha/Beta ...

...I exaggerated a bit with "cca late May" but things are rolling towards the much anticipated merger with a high pace.. I can feel it smile.gif

I'm taking specific statements from your comment but think how long the Nevada is alpha stage...;)

Anyway, my comment was mainly about the fact that people still confuse Normandy and 2.5 release which as underlined many times by ED are separate releases that will come in sequence most probably with some substantial time in between.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I've been keeping my impatience in check by just avoiding playing DCS all together due to having a lot of real life stuff going on and playing a 4x game I love... It will happen son enough and then I'm going to be up all hours of the night making my wife bang on the floor because the sound is too high and I'm waking her up again...

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Too bad they are releasing Normandy and 2.5 separately, because first I'll have to install 2.0, set up all the control assignments, THEN once 2.5 comes do it all over again.

Just copy your inputs folder from 1.5 (in your Saved Games folder) to 2.0. No need to redo them.

^^ Better yet set up a symbolic link (google if unfamiliar) in 2.0 pointing to the input folder in 1.5. That way no matter which version you're using your inputs will be maintained and updated in the one place. You can do the same thing with liveries.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

So the early access is at what day of the month of May......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

• ED Team
Too bad they are releasing Normandy and 2.5 separately, because first I'll have to install 2.0, set up all the control assignments, THEN once 2.5 comes do it all over again.

wrong

2.0 will update to 2.1 and then to 2.5 eventually.

no need to setup controls again just copy your inputs folder from your other install

I have seven DCS installs do you think I set them up separately every time lol :)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

When ED are ready they will let us know via the usual channels.

Just keep an eye out for official news

No disrespect at all for devs good work but we should by now...at least the one`s whom pre-purchased got a day of release!...providing that is by the end of May as prev stated. And if not, even more important, we should have had news of any delay!

• ED Team
No disrespect at all for devs good work but we should by now...at least the one`s whom pre-purchased got a day of release!...providing that is by the end of May as prev stated. And if not, even more important, we should have had news of any delay!

As far as I am aware there is no delay, so as ED normally do they will share more info closer to the release date.

We were all told end of May, so we have something to look forward to. :thumbup:

• ED Team
...yes but time is slowing down closer to release lol...tick... tock!

yes that is the nature of time,

but good things come to those that wait ;)

You don't have to go to all that trouble my friend. Just paste your input files from 1.5 into your 2.0 install and you won't have to set any control mapping up.

Step 1: Go to

Local Disk C: / Users / your log in name / Saved Games / DCS or DCS.openbeta / Config /

Copy the input folder that's in the config file

Step2:

Local Disk C: / Users / your log in name / Saved Games / DCS.openalpha / Config /

Paste the "input" file from DCS.openbeta into the config folder.

Voila!!! All of your controls from DCS 1.5 are now completely assigned to 2.0

• ED Team
Don't you just hate it when someone comes over all sensible and grown up?

:music_whistling: :music_whistling: :music_whistling: :music_whistling:

years of having my two boys saying " are we there yet dad, are we there yet dad " on long car trips

:)

years of having my two boys saying " are we there yet dad, are we there yet dad " on long car trips

:)

Aren't you the lucky one. My 7 year old just sings Katie Perry and Taylor Swift songs from the time the car doors close till the time we park at our destination.

6 of one....half a dozen of the other I suppose. :doh:

Aren't you the lucky one. My 7 year old just sings Katie Perry and Taylor Swift songs from the time the car doors close till the time we park at our destination.

6 of one....half a dozen of the other I suppose. :doh:

Further proof that my decision to not have kids was a good one! ;) (Like I really needed any LOL)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Wouldn't it be great though if ED postponed releasing "Normandy" for a week and released it on Tuesday, June 6, 2017; the 73rd anniversary of the actual invasion

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I don't see how robbing me of a week with the Normandy map for symbolic reasons would bring me any kind of joy- no:music_whistling:

We'll do plenty of "virtual honoring" of D-day by the truckloads of D-day scenarios we'll be flying.

But I'll believe its actual release the day I am playing it for myself. They said it would be released in 2016("...still on track for 2016 release..") up until when there was a few days left of the year. Nothing would shock me.

Wouldn't it be great though if ED postponed releasing "Normandy" for a week and released it on Tuesday, June 6, 2017; the 73rd anniversary of the actual invasion

There is a part of me that agrees with this, and it would be very appropriate. However...

Realistically, this would be a Very Bad Idea. When the Nevada map was released, there were issues with the downloader that resulted in 12+ hours of download time. This was unexpected, but it was understandable as this was also an alpha test of new technology of the downloader itself as well. From what has been explained, it sounds as though the Normandy map will be part of a larger update to the 2.0 installation, but even so it is entirely possible for issues to pop up that could delay the download and installation. It is also entirely possible for there to be some sort of showstopper bug that renders the map unusable or with only partial functionality in the initial release.

It is also possible that the map is released without any problems at all and that it works perfectly. However, by releasing the map a week or two prior to the June 6th anniversary, ED will ensure that the map is up and running smoothly on the anniversary itself. Also, while I do not play multiplayer, I would assume that many people will want to engage in multiplayer events on June 6th. In order to do that, ED will need to release the map at least several days before so that people can set up multiplayer servers on the new map, and so that enough people will have downloaded and installed the new map so that they can participate.