Chances of a Leatherneck helicopter module

RabidRider

As much as I like the to fly some of the fixed-wing DCS modules, my preference goes out to flying the choppers, the Huey being my absolute favourite module, a joy to fly.

Seeing the amazing quality LN is once again delivering with the Viggen, and soon the F/14, I cannot help but wish for a helicopter module created by LN.

The Hind is probably being worked on by BST as is the Cobra. Which other heli could you see developed by LN?

Perhaps the chances of this ever happening are slim and there's just no interest from LN, but it could be a nice diversion, a new challenge after all the fixed-wing projects.

Honestly, I think I'd rather see each dev team do what they are good at and where their passion lies. The helicopter modules from other teams have been great so far, so I don't see why we'd have to call on leatherneck to do some too.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Honestly, I think I'd rather see each dev team do what they are good at and where their passion lies. The helicopter modules from other teams have been great so far, so I don't see why we'd have to call on leatherneck to do some too.

+1

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Alongside with the Tomcat/Forrestal module, the SH-3 Sea King would be absolutely great, implementing full ASW capability with submarine inmersión megamaps . AI subs could be developed for that purpose, even though would be cool if some dedicated developer team could focuse in building a fully controllable diesel/electric submarine, maybe a Kilo class .

• 4 months later...

+ 1 for a class A bladed warrior!

A developer only got their feet wet once a top rotor airframe is modelled.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

As much as I like the to fly some of the fixed-wing DCS modules, my preference goes out to flying the choppers, the Huey being my absolute favourite module, a joy to fly.

Seeing the amazing quality LN is once again delivering with the Viggen, and soon the F/14, I cannot help but wish for a helicopter module created by LN.

The Hind is probably being worked on by BST as is the Cobra. Which other heli could you see developed by LN?

Perhaps the chances of this ever happening are slim and there's just no interest from LN, but it could be a nice diversion, a new challenge after all the fixed-wing projects.

The Tom-Kitty isn't a proper fixed wing, they move! :)

Me be hypey! :D

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D