RAFALE OBSOLETE VERSIONS

Is there a reason the CdG is classed as a Cruiser and not a Carrier?

I don't know where you saw it, the only thing that is used from a cruiser is the TICONDEROGA radar, if it was classified as a cruiser it will not accept planes.

Je ne sais pas où vous avez vu cela, la seule chose que l'on utilise d'un croiseur c'est le radar du TICONDEROGA, si il était classé en temps que croiseur il n'accepterai pas les avions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

I don't know where you saw it, the only thing that is used from a cruiser is the TICONDEROGA radar, if it was classified as a cruiser it will not accept planes.

Je ne sais pas où vous avez vu cela, la seule chose que l'on utilise d'un croiseur c'est le radar du TICONDEROGA, si il était classé en temps que croiseur il n'accepterai pas les avions.

In my mission editor it shows up with the "CC" icon instead of the CV/Carrier icon, and ICLS didn't seem to be operational, even though I had it set to channel 1 in the mission editor and linked to the ship.

On the flipside, the Clemenceau that's out there does show up as a Carrier, but he hadn't added working arrestor cables at the version I have. ICLS was working on that mod.

The reason I mention that, is that when attempting to land a Tomcat on the Clemenceau, obviously I don't trap, but Jester the RIO stays with me.

Attempt to land on the CdG, and at the last minute Jester ejects because apparently in his eyes, he thinks we are landing on a cruiser or something. I've tried a few different approaches as far as speed, AOA, decent rate, etc. I have to disable him to get him to stay in the jet.

I know you guys probably had no intentions of having a 60k+ pound jet on your mod, but if it has a deck and wires naturally I had to try! I also saw that the CdG took a percent of damage when I landed.

Oh, and when I tried to turn the jet around to park, as I went over the elevator that's just to the rear of the island, my rear landing gear "fell through" the elevator and broke the jet. Hard to see here but around the yellow/black caution striping is where it fell through.

jWZh9Hg.png

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

In my mission editor it shows up with the "CC" icon instead of the CV/Carrier icon, and ICLS didn't seem to be operational, even though I had it set to channel 1 in the mission editor and linked to the ship.

On the flipside, the Clemenceau that's out there does show up as a Carrier, but he hadn't added working arrestor cables at the version I have. ICLS was working on that mod.

The reason I mention that, is that when attempting to land a Tomcat on the Clemenceau, obviously I don't trap, but Jester the RIO stays with me.

Attempt to land on the CdG, and at the last minute Jester ejects because apparently in his eyes, he thinks we are landing on a cruiser or something. I've tried a few different approaches as far as speed, AOA, decent rate, etc. I have to disable him to get him to stay in the jet.

I know you guys probably had no intentions of having a 60k+ pound jet on your mod, but if it has a deck and wires naturally I had to try! I also saw that the CdG took a percent of damage when I landed.

Oh, and when I tried to turn the jet around to park, as I went over the elevator that's just to the rear of the island, my rear landing gear "fell through" the elevator and broke the jet. Hard to see here but around the yellow/black caution striping is where it fell through.

jWZh9Hg.png

Well indeed you are right in the mission editor it is in time as a cruiser

it is an oversight of our step, I will tell you how to do it, in the lua file of Charles de GAULLE, at the line: GT.mapclasskey = "P0091000067"; you have this and you must have this: GT.mapclasskey = "P0091000065";

you can also replace the lines: .... GT.Sensors = etc .... by these:

GT.Sensors = {OPTIC = {"long-range naval optics", "long-range naval LLTV"},

RADAR = {

"seasparrow tr",

"carrier search radar",

},

};

I hope that will solve your problem with the F-14 so we don't have a way to try; Thank you for your pertinent remark. We will make an update for everyone

Et bien effectivement vous avez raison dans l'éditeur de mission il est en temps que croiseur

c'est un oubli de notre pas, je vais vous dire comment faire, dans le fichier lua du Charles de GAULLE, à la ligne : GT.mapclasskey = "P0091000067"; vous avez ceci et vous devez avoir cela :GT.mapclasskey = "P0091000065";

vous pouvez aussi remplacer les lignes:.... GT.Sensors = etc....par celles là :

GT.Sensors = { OPTIC = {"long-range naval optics", "long-range naval LLTV"},

RADAR = {

"seasparrow tr",

"carrier search radar",

},

};

j'espère que cela va résoudre votre problème avec le F-14 nous on ne la pas donc pas moyen d'essayer; Merci pour vos remarque pertinantes. On fera une mis a jour pour tout le monde

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

I was thinking perhaps you guys needed to do it that way to get around some hard-coded restrictions, maybe to get the animated elevators working or something so I didn't assume it was an oversight.

Again, thank you for bringing these to DCS. I've become much more interested in the French side of naval aviation, and seeing as France are the only other ones anymore doing real CATOBAR operations (not ski jumps or VSTOL) it gives us neat opportunities to have scenarios with US and French naval aircraft flying together.

We actually have a tradition of "cross decking" where French pilots come land on our carriers, and we go and land on theirs. But, in the past I think it was only Hornets and other light attack or fighters that could due to Clem/Foch/CdG lower launch and catapult limits. Even with the recent upgrades that allow us to cross-deck Super Hornets the Tomcat still would have been too heavy.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

I was thinking perhaps you guys needed to do it that way to get around some hard-coded restrictions, maybe to get the animated elevators working or something so I didn't assume it was an oversight.

Again, thank you for bringing these to DCS. I've become much more interested in the French side of naval aviation, and seeing as France are the only other ones anymore doing real CATOBAR operations (not ski jumps or VSTOL) it gives us neat opportunities to have scenarios with US and French naval aircraft flying together.

We actually have a tradition of "cross decking" where French pilots come land on our carriers, and we go and land on theirs. But, in the past I think it was only Hornets and other light attack or fighters that could due to Clem/Foch/CdG lower launch and catapult limits. Even with the recent upgrades that allow us to cross-deck Super Hornets the Tomcat still would have been too heavy.

Thank you for these interesting details which feed our curiosity, we feel the connoisseur.

greetings

Merci de ces intéressantes précisions qui nourrissent notre curiositée on sens le connaisseur.

salutations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

Having lost the catapult if we remove this excess power, it will hardly take off from the

CDG.

Can we separate the sounds ....... no, choose by deleting the sound folder which is on the plane.

Ayant perdu la catapulte si on lui supprime ce surplus de puissance il décollera difficilement du

CDG.

Peut on séparer les sons.......non, choisissez en supprimant le dossier sound qui est dans l'avion.

Can you make a fourth rafale with out the extra power or make a rafale C?

This way we can still enjoy your amazing mod but with out the ridiculous acceleration.

Can you make a fourth rafale with out the extra power or make a rafale C?

This way we can still enjoy your amazing mod but with out the ridiculous acceleration.

Well we welcome you who have been registered since this month on this forum.

and to answer you, we have no plans to do another Rafale immediately, or rather the B than the C

Et bien nous vous souhaitons bienvenue vous qui êtes inscrit depuis ce mois-ci sur ce forum.

et pour vous répondre on a pas prévu de faire d'autre Rafale dans l'immédiat, ou plutôt le B que le C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

• 2 weeks later...
scalp seems to to be working? its not in the selection options on arming screen

YES it works you will find it on pylons 2, 5 and 9 of the Rafale AIR SOL (AS)

OUI il fonctionne vous le trouverez sur les pylons 2, 5 et 9 du Rafale AIR SOL (AS)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

Fantastic job! I've added the R91 into the US carrier group for strikes on Raqqa using SEM & Rafale. Takeoff from carrier is working very well using "Takeoff from runway" using both catapults.

Only one aircraft can land as it parks fouling the deck. How can I adjust the AI parking locations? The aircraft need to be back just a little further to clear the foul line

I see this in the .lau, which values are forward/back?

GT.TaxiRoutes =

-- taxi routes and parking spots (LCS)

-- x y z V_target

{

{ -- 1 parking spot

{{65.0, 16.25, -25.0}, 3.0},

{{70.0, 16.25, 0.0}, 2.0},

{{42.0, 16.25, 5.0}, 2.0},

{{-3.0, 16.25, 7.0}, 2.0},

{{-20.3, 16.25, 2.5}, 2.0},

{{-20.6, 16.25, 8.00}, -2.0}

},

{ -- 2 parking spot

{{20.0, 16.25, 7.0}, 2.0},

{{1.5, 16.25, 0.0}, 2.0},

{{-9.0, 16.25, 8.0}, -2.0}

},

{ -- 3 parking spot

{{20.8, 16.25, -0.5}, 2.0},

{{5.2, 16.25, 7.0}, -2.0}

},

{ -- 4 parking spot

{{55.0, 16.25, 5.0}, 2.0},

{{29.0, 16.25, -2.4}, 2.0},

{{19.7, 16.25, 7.0}, -2.0}

},

{ -- 5 parking spot

{{70.0, 16.25, 5.0}, 2.0},

{{42.0, 16.25, -2.0}, 2.0},

{{32.0, 16.25, 7.0}, -2.0}

}

Edited by Reccelow
added lau entry

Fantastic job! I've added the R91 into the US carrier group for strikes on Raqqa using SEM & Rafale. Takeoff from carrier is working very well using "Takeoff from runway" using both catapults.

Only one aircraft can land as it parks fouling the deck. How can I adjust the AI parking locations? The aircraft need to be back just a little further to clear the foul line

I see this in the .lau, which values are forward/back?

GT.TaxiRoutes =

-- x y z V_target

{

{ -- 1 parking spot

{{-20.6, 16.25, 8.00}, -2.0}

},

{ -- 2 parking spot

{{20.0, 16.25, 7.0}, 2.0},

{{1.5, 16.25, 0.0}, 2.0},

{{-9.0, 16.25, 8.0}, -2.0}

},

{ -- 3 parking spot

{{20.8, 16.25, -0.5}, 2.0},

{{5.2, 16.25, 7.0}, -2.0}

},

{ -- 4 parking spot

{{55.0, 16.25, 5.0}, 2.0},

{{29.0, 16.25, -2.4}, 2.0},

{{19.7, 16.25, 7.0}, -2.0}

},

{ -- 5 parking spot

{{70.0, 16.25, 5.0}, 2.0},

{{42.0, 16.25, -2.0}, 2.0},

{{32.0, 16.25, 7.0}, -2.0}

}

Thank you very much ... here is to solve your problem what to do and you are right

we have not moved back far enough. Put 10 instead of 8 in the last digit like this:

GT.TaxiRoutes =

-- x y z V_target

{

{ -- 1 parking spot

{{-20.6, 16.25, 8.00}, -2.0} Which give{{-20.6, 16.25, 10.00}, -2.0}

},

the higher the number, the further back the plane

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

Thanks for your wonderful work!

And is there have some Manuals to help me learn the mod? I try hard but cannot release any AG weapen.

Yes I admit that at the beginning it is not easy to understand the weaponry. So imagine in reality.

I advise you to practice on classic bombs like MK82 in CCIP mod before using the following. good luck

RAFALE M AIR / GROUND ARMAMENT PROCEDURES

SCALP: You must have a naval or land radar target Use the Thales RBE2 pod

- Air / ground armament selection (7)

- Selection of SCALP (D)

- Turn on the Radar (i) at this point the diamond lights up and shows you the target,

Aim the target designator at the diamond with the appropriate keys (you don't need the TV screen while doing this in the HUD) then lock the target with the (enter) key.

- Then authorization of TIR with (left Alt Z)

NOTE: you can shoot from very far.

EXOCET: same procedures as SCALP.

AS-30L: Thales RBE2 / Damocles / AAQ-28 Pod

- Air / ground armament selection (7)

- Selection of AS-30L (D)

- Turn on the TV (O)

- Direct the target designator and lock with the (enter) key

- TIR authorization with (left Alt Z)

RAFALE M AIR / AIR ARMAMENT PROCEDURES

METEOR:

-

METEOR selection button (2) if you have another missile in selection press (6) and go back to (2)

- Turn on the radar (i)

- look for the tadpole in the hud, frame it with the target designator and lock it with (enter)

- Wait for (LA) it appears about fifty kilometers from the target (26.5 nm)

and shoot.

1279320131_RECAPITULATIFGBU.thumb.jpg.8f6711b822044fe8cdf7ca2c00d4bd4b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

• 4 weeks later...

your raphael is causing problems since todays update

if you remove them formt he aircraft folder n o problem but with the air sol or the ai one the super carrier dissapears from you rmission (its there in mission builder but not in the mission when you run it ) but remove the raphaels form your aircraft folder and supercarrier is back our tests show its not the air to air raphael its the ai and air sol that cause it

your raphael is causing problems since todays update

if you remove them formt he aircraft folder n o problem but with the air sol or the ai one the super carrier dissapears from you rmission (its there in mission builder but not in the mission when you run it ) but remove the raphaels form your aircraft folder and supercarrier is back our tests show its not the air to air raphael its the ai and air sol that cause it

Yup, same problem here. Find it after testing all my mods one by one.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Please, replace the file :weapons Exocet.lua by this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ktvf4ef75upxnn0/weapons_Exocet.zip/file

Only in the beta version.

Tell me something.

It works for me. Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy with life problems.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

About the Catapult.. is it coming back? I Use the CDG as arentinian carrier since it would be imposible for us te get a Nimitz or Forrestal. So the closest thing to a collossus or magestic is your wonderfull Clemecaeau. By the way any chance we could use different skins on it?

Thanks in advance, really enjoying your work.. And the A-4 has its own Catapult scritp built in so working like a charme!

Hi,

You mention the Clemenceau aircraft carrier.

Is this mod available somewhere ?

Thanks for any download link if available.

Cheers,

cap20

• 2 months later...
  • Patrick56 changed the title to RAFALE OBSOLETE VERSIONS